Stossel- Stupid in America

I am guessing he means Stossel.

Self admitted liar ?

You mean he admits he did something wrong.

What I would give to hear Keith Olbermann admit he isn't God.

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

No, I mean he purposely misleads because he is a two bit whore. Oh, Stossel has had a very long career.
ABC 20/20's John Stossel Admits Fraud
Start with the above and conduct your own research.

I recall when this came out. So what ?

I make no apologies for John Stossel. Like anything other reporter, if you really want to put faith in what he/she says...double check it.

As to his "prostitution" ? He did quite a bit of interviewing for this show. Were the statements by teachers union leaders made up ?

I just want to make sure that I heard you correctly:
1. We know that someone lies.
2. We know that this person that lies does so by taking things out of context.
3. Now we should consider this a valid source.

AND 4. Now we have a supreme court case that allows this kind of bullshit just in case all other visions of integrity backfires.

well, as research goes that link raises more questions then it answers....did stossel know they didn't conduct the tests?

Stossel is a two bit whore. He has had a very long career. We, as in the public, have been dealing with him since the 80s.
He is an unethical journalist. There are so few ethical ones out there.......that even those that one might think that we consider unethical view him as unethical. He has been disgraced.

Hardly

For as long as you want to play. You are either interested in education or you are interested in the corporate masters.

Your call.

That makes two of us.

Yes, SHE means Stossel.

No, I mean he purposely misleads because he is a two bit whore. Oh, Stossel has had a very long career.
ABC 20/20's John Stossel Admits Fraud
Start with the above and conduct your own research.

I make no apologies for John Stossel. Like anything other reporter, if you really want to put faith in what he/she says...double check it.

As to his "prostitution" ? He did quite a bit of interviewing for this show. Were the statements by teachers union leaders made up ?

AND 4. Now we have a supreme court case that allows this kind of bullshit just in case all other visions of integrity backfires.

No, you don't listen very well.....

1. We should never assume anyone is telling the truth. We should, in fact, weight the basis of their arguments on their own merits (which means doublechecking their so-called claims) and draw our own conclusions. Fully understanding that such conclusions have to be presented in terms of the original premises.
2. See 1.
3. See 1.
4. I have no idea what you are talking about.

And this really has become quite a game of shoot the messenger. Stossels argument is pretty cut and dried and it isn't like it is an original one anyway. He is just one more voice in the loud public arena of debate on public education. Whatever his claims or point of view....they don't start and they certainly don't end with him.

But, I listen to what he says. He does a much better job of presenting facts than most so-called journalists, but he certainly carries and agenda too.

BTW: I also still listen to what Bill Clinton has to say in spite of some of his misteps with regard to devotion to truth.

For as long as you want to play. You are either interested in education or you are interested in the corporate masters.

Your call.

No call needs to be made here.

Such an either/or attitude would explain your need for such a black and white view of the world.

No, you don't listen very well.....

1. We should never assume anyone is telling the truth. We should, in fact, weight the basis of their arguments on their own merits (which means doublechecking their so-called claims) and draw our own conclusions. Fully understanding that such conclusions have to be presented in terms of the original premises.
2. See 1.
3. See 1.
4. I have no idea what you are talking about.

And this really has become quite a game of shoot the messenger. Stossels argument is pretty cut and dried and it isn't like it is an original one anyway. He is just one more voice in the loud public arena of debate on public education. Whatever his claims or point of view....they don't start and they certainly don't end with him.

But, I listen to what he says. He does a much better job of presenting facts than most so-called journalists, but he certainly carries and agenda too.

BTW: I also still listen to what Bill Clinton has to say in spite of some of his misteps with regard to devotion to truth.

I heard you.
He doesn't present facts and he has been doing this for years. He holds up the infamous rubber room in New York and fails to note that it was the union that wanted these teachers dismissed in 2004. He talks about how spending has increased but has failed to acknowledge that the money goes to lunches, transportation, and special services for children with disabilities. Further, he does not have to tell the truth.

But, I'm not about to play a which mainstream media conglomerate is to be more respected. For the past 20 some odd years the media has framed our debates. And in the past decade they have pitted teachers against parents. When was the last time that any mainstream media brought into question the tests? Or even if it is ethical to test include the testing of those with severe disabilities in denouncing a school. Therefore, omission cannot be respected either.

Also interesting to note:

When the story is education, Rupert Murdoch gets involved | GothamSchools

Rupert Murdoch given $27M no-bid contract from state Department of Education

The Dems are not quite as liberal as people would like to think that they are. This is why they are called Republican-lite. Clinton did some bonehead things. Things that make me cringe to this day.

The debate has been faux privatization or no. It has always been around this debate.

The movement towards privatization was started under Ronald Reagan.

Goals 2000 and The Improving America's Schools Act (NCLB-lite) was signed by Clinton. It was reauthorized, renamed and much more heavy handed under Bush and is known as NCLB. Most people have no idea that this was started under Clinton and I am sure that there are a lot of people that would like that to be forgotten.

But, we have information.
EDUCATION INC. – Part I: Private company skirts public boards in running tax-funded charter schools | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

Part II
EDUCATION INC. -- Part II: It's 'Our school, not theirs' | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

Part III
EDUCATION INC. – Part III: Local board secretly starts two school corporations in Texas | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

Part IV
EDUCATION, INC. – Company's compliance to tax policy in question | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN

Or how about the astro-turf Parent Revolution? Poverty pimps for sure.

Parent Revolution: Straight Outta Compton? | Re:education in Baltimore

Other information:

Milburn Academy shutdown would be third in Florida - Education - BradentonHerald.com

http://www.tfn.org/site/DocServer/Charter_Schools_Report-FINAL.pdf?docID=163

http://www.epi.org/page/-/old/books/charter_school/charterschoolfacts.pdf

The above are the issues that revolve around faux privatization or no. It is that black and white.

Forum List

Back