Stop telling us to buy electric!

Might wanna read the link and see what is really happening. You sound like some of those people at the beginning of the age of automobiles who said the car would never replace the horse.

From the link I provided you.....................

For example, EOS Linx, which provides solar-supported stations with EV chargers, today announced a collaboration with Choice Hotels International – one of the largest hotel chains in the world that has more than 6,000 US franchised hotels such as EconoLodge and Quality Inn – to install EOS Charge Stations at select properties. The first set of EOS Charge Stations will be installed at select hotels in Atlanta, Chattanooga, and Nashville during the first quarter of this year. EOS Linx provides Level 2 chargers and fast chargers with varying capabilities and uses the universal J1772 charging standard system.

Further, convenience store chain 7-Eleven has also promised to install 500 DCFC charging ports by the end of 2022. It currently only has 22 charging stations at 14 stores in four states.

More and more companies are getting onboard with providing electric vehicle charging stations everyday. Near where I live here in SC, there is a Wal Mart in Irmo that currently has a charging station. If you want to see where charging stations are, you can simply use Google.
Most of the Wyndham affiliated hotel chains I stayed at recently also had Free EV charging for guest.

An electric mower CAN get it done if you want to do so. RYOBI has a zero turn riding lawn mower with a 42 inch deck that can do 2 1/2 acres (75 ah mower) to 3 acres (100 ah mower) per charge. And, the price is 4,199, which is comparable to most riding zero turn lawn mowers.

I have a 42 inch gas ZTM for my half acre yard. A little overkill but I get the grass cut in 20 minutes so it is worth it for me.

I need a push mower to trim a few areas that I can't get close enough with the ZTM.

I considered getting an electric push mower for the few minutes of cutting that I do. However, I need the push mower as a backup in case something happens to the ZTM and I have to take it to the shop to get fixed.

I know other people that have L-I mowers and their advice was not to get one. All kinds of problems.

I have L-I string trimmer and it works OK but that will be extent of battery power lawn equipment.

This push to move to EV's, seems to me, extremely short sighted.

What happens, when a large portions of the population, need to rely upon EVs to get to work, shopping for food and other necessities, and education, when there is a shortage of energy to charge vehicles?

You're right, as the grid currently sits without being updated, it can't handle an increase in demand. However, if it gets updated, it will be able to do so. You DO realize that a lot of the grid is way outdated by today's standards, right?
Updating the grid is only one aspect of the problem. Another aspect, is, if we get rid of all the ICE vehicles and products, and replace all ICE powered engines (trains, boats, ships, plans, etc.,) that will necessitate, even MORE energy.

This, coupled with the increasing demands of 5G cloud computing data processing centers, means we need even more energy capacity, than even our coal, gas and nuclear plants are providing now.

The global agenda is to reduce them. . . with an energy paradigm which can't possibly hope to even match, little even hope to surpass the current energy provided by the total energy output we currently enjoy.

None of it makes any sense.

Forum List

Back