Stop Coddling The Super Rich

Warren Buffet is a VERY successful capitalist.
Warren Buffet is an American.
Warren Buffet points out the FACT that the rich folk have used their bucks to lobby down their fair share of the comparative tax revenue in this country DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY WERE STILL MAKING MILLIONS BEFORE THE TAX CUTS, BREAKS AND LOOPHOLES.

Neocon/teabagger/libertarian parrots and toadies regurgitate the assinine mantras fed to them by the people Buffet points out is screwing them....DESPITE THE FACT THAT ALL THE TAX BREAKS AND TAX CUTS AND LOOPHOLES GIVEN THE WEALTHY HAVE NOT RESULTED IN JOBS IN THIS COUNTRY.

NO ONE ON THIS THREAD CAN LOGICALLY OR FACTUALLY REFUTE OR DISPROVE WHAT BUFFET STATES IN HIS ARTICLE.

Irrational hatred for Obama, liberals, progressives or anyone perceived as "them" has once again led people to support the very entities that are diminishing their country and their society's financial situation....those who outsource, downsize and off-shore without giving a damn about the middle and working class in America....so long as they are serving them.

mantras fed to them by the people Buffet points out is screwing them...

How is Buffet's 15% capital gains tax rate screwing me or anyone else?

Because like most very wealthy people, most of their income is through investments, not production. investment income falls under the Capital Gains tax and not Federal income tax. Ergo, they end up paying less federal tax than a guy making $25K/year. That's how they are screwing you and the rest of America.

Following the tax laws and paying your cap gains taxes is now "screwing America"?!?!?

Here's something to try and wrap your head around....Maybe, instead of investors being taxed too little, the working class is taxed too damned much!

Naw....Couldn't be that simple! :rolleyes:

Warren Buffet points out the FACT that the rich folk have used their bucks to lobby down their fair share of the comparative tax revenue in this country DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEY WERE STILL MAKING MILLIONS BEFORE THE TAX CUTS, BREAKS AND LOOPHOLES.

Neocon/teabagger/libertarian parrots and toadies regurgitate the assinine mantras fed to them by the people Buffet points out is screwing them....DESPITE THE FACT THAT ALL THE TAX BREAKS AND TAX CUTS AND LOOPHOLES GIVEN THE WEALTHY HAVE NOT RESULTED IN JOBS IN THIS COUNTRY.

NO ONE ON THIS THREAD CAN LOGICALLY OR FACTUALLY REFUTE OR DISPROVE WHAT BUFFET STATES IN HIS ARTICLE.

Irrational hatred for Obama, liberals, progressives or anyone perceived as "them" has once again led people to support the very entities that are diminishing their country and their society's financial situation....those who outsource, downsize and off-shore without giving a damn about the middle and working class in America....so long as they are serving them.

Because like most very wealthy people, most of their income is through investments, not production. investment income falls under the Capital Gains tax and not Federal income tax. Ergo, they end up paying less federal tax than a guy making $25K/year. That's how they are screwing you and the rest of America.

Buffet pays more federal tax than a guy making $25K/year. A lot more.
Try again?

What difference will one person make? Honestly. If it was across the board, I know it would be impactful and I would be supportive.
Well, that's certainly one justification for being a hypocrite.

Ha, you mean a hypocrite similar in the way you continue to make use of services provided by the evil federal government?
Now you get to find a post of mine advocating the elimination of government.

By the way, any hypocrisy of mine (and there isn't any) would not excuse yours. Even if you really really really really want it to.

Following the tax laws and paying your cap gains taxes is now "screwing America"?!?!?

Here's something to try and wrap your head around....Maybe, instead of investors being taxed too little, the working class is taxed too damned much!

Leftists don't understand the concept of being taxed too much.

Leftists don't understand the concept of being taxed too much.
How does that square with the time worn argument that 55% of Americans don't pay any tax?

Funny stuff. You never thought about what they are "investing" in, did you?

Hint, it's directly related to the guy making $25K/year's ability to have a job. Any idea what it is?

{Jeopardy music...}

Hint, it's directly related to the guy making $25K/year's ability to have a job. Any idea what it is?

{Jeopardy music...}

So we need to cut taxes for the super rich even more so America can have more guys making 25,000 a year?

lol

How about the problem that we are BORROWING 40% of what we spend? How about we put the taxes on the Rich back where they were when we didn't borrow 40% of what we're spending?

{Jeopardy music...}

So we need to cut taxes for the super rich even more so America can have more guys making 25,000 a year?

lol

How about the problem that we are BORROWING 40% of what we spend? How about we put the taxes on the Rich back where they were when we didn't borrow 40% of what we're spending?

How about we just spend 40% less? Then we don't need to worry about borrowing.

Ame®icano;4020079 said:

{Jeopardy music...}

lol

Got any suggestions? So far, all I've heard is the put upon rich don't want to pay what they paid during the Clinton boom days. And, the poor must kick in to spare the rich any further discomfort (no matter how contrived that discomfort actually is).

Ame®icano;4020079 said:

lol

Got any suggestions? So far, all I've heard is the put upon rich don't want to pay what they paid during the Clinton boom days. And, the poor must kick in to spare the rich any further discomfort (no matter how contrived that discomfort actually is).

The rich pay a larger chunk of tax receipts than they did during Clinton.
And the poor pay less, or none.

Ame®icano;4020079 said:

What were the tax rates under Clinton for the super rich? The top tax rate?

And while the poor pay less, what on earth are you complaining about being over taxed for? Unless you're an eccentric billionaire with nothing better to do than pop off on an internet message board.

Billionaire Warren Buffett urged U.S. lawmakers to raise taxes on the country's super-rich to help cut the budget deficit,

Incorrect.

Warren Buffet sees that the trend is to moves the nation deeper and deeper into fascism. Therefore he wants to ingratiate himself with the powers that be. That is exactly what was done by Alfried Krupp who was Hitlers' good friend .

And while the poor pay less, what on earth are you complaining about being over taxed for? Unless you're an eccentric billionaire with nothing better to do than pop off on an internet message board.

Clinton raised the top rate from 31% to 39.6%.

Why am I complaining about being overtaxed?
Because the government takes my hard earned money and wastes a huge part of it, that's why.

Because the government takes my hard earned money and wastes a huge part of it, that's why.
I know they waste it! They have been wasting it for years! How much was wasted in Iraq? There, they gave away bundles of cash for what result? They waste it in the Department of Defense. There, any fantasy weapons system, any specialized tool to repair that fantasy can encounter cost over runs that are too massive to imagine. They waste it by giving subsidies to businesses and grant tax breaks to business while those same businesses take their factories out of Pennsylvania and into Singapore.

I think we desperately need a secure social safety net. I think the class warfare aspect of the Tea Party stance is repugnant and wholly counter intuitive.

I know they waste it! They have been wasting it for years! How much was wasted in Iraq? There, they gave away bundles of cash for what result? They waste it in the Department of Defense. There, any fantasy weapons system, any specialized tool to repair that fantasy can encounter cost over runs that are too massive to imagine. They waste it by giving subsidies to businesses and grant tax breaks to business while those same businesses take their factories out of Pennsylvania and into Singapore.

I think we desperately need a secure social safety net. I think the class warfare aspect of the Tea Party stance is repugnant and wholly counter intuitive.

The best way to have a secure safety net is to massively shrink government and allow people more freedom to save their own money.

The best way to have a secure safety net is to massively shrink government and allow people more freedom to save their own money.

What precisely does "massively shrink government" mean?

I was referring to those folks who are wailing to maintain the Bush tax cuts and such....as stated in Buffett's article.

Buffet pays more federal tax than a guy making $25K/year. A lot more.
Try again?

Why don't YOU "try again" and READ the Buffett article...which EXPLAINS how the inequality of the taxes he pays due to tax cuts, breaks, loopholes that are NOT available to you and me let's him take home the lion's share of his income. And if there's a shortage in revenue, why is it incumbent of folk like you and I to shell out more in taxes and let folk like Buffett maintain ALL his breaks?

I was referring to those folks who are wailing to maintain the Bush tax cuts and such....as stated in Buffett's article.

Neocon/teabagger/libertarian parrots and toadies regurgitate the assinine mantras fed to them by the people Buffet points out is screwing them....

This makes no sense. Try again?

Forum List

Back