Stocks Plummeting After News of Latest Inflation Increase

The stock market fell the most since June 2020, following Wall Street's humbling realization that inflation is not slowing as much as hoped. The Dow lost more than 1,250 points and the S &P 500 sank 4.3%.
Red Wave coming soon, despite the "big guy"'s looney proclamations, who talks about "breathing room" while gas prices have sunk a bit they are still 33% higher than this time last year. And the big one > Housing rentals. WOW!

All over the country, the cost of rental housing has skyrocketed like never before.
The apartment I was renting in 2021, went from $600/mo to $1200/mo (100% inflation). In the Tampa Bay area, commonly, ordinary 1 bdrm apartments have jumped from $600 to $1800 (200% inflation) and many are now renting at over $2,000/mo, and the politicians from Biden on down are doing nothing.
Hey Joe, where you goin' with that microphone in your hand ?

View attachment 695970

1663131417293.png

The stock market fell the most since June 2020, following Wall Street's humbling realization that inflation is not slowing as much as hoped. The Dow lost more than 1,250 points and the S &P 500 sank 4.3%.
Red Wave coming soon
Bookmarked.

Don't you actually have money in the market?
The Market WILL bounce back, and you WILL attribute it to anything other than Biden.

Red Wave coming soon, despite the "big guy"'s looney proclamations, who talks about "breathing room" while gas prices have sunk a bit they are still 33% higher than this time last year. And the big one > Housing rentals. WOW!

All over the country, the cost of rental housing has skyrocketed like never before.
The apartment I was renting in 2021, went from $600/mo to $1200/mo (100% inflation). In the Tampa Bay area, commonly, ordinary 1 bdrm apartments have jumped from $600 to $1800 (200% inflation) and many are now renting at over $2,000/mo, and the politicians from Biden on down are doing nothing.

View attachment 695970

All of this is unbridled Capitalism. Why do you hate it? Are you calling for price controls? I'm in!

View attachment 695970

1663142535562.png

The growth of inflation has certainly slowed, and we're certainly leveling off, and that's what has to happen before it can come back down.

But politically, it doesn't look like it's going to happen fast enough for the Dems. This one report could be damaging in terms of November. The Fed, after waiting damn near a year too long to address inflation, has to put its boot on the throat of the economy now.

The growth of inflation has certainly slowed, and we're certainly leveling off, and that's what has to happen before it can come back down.

But politically, it doesn't look like it's going to happen fast enough for the Dems. This one report could be damaging in terms of November. The Fed, after waiting damn near a year too long to address inflation, has to put its boot on the throat of the economy now.

What a load of bull-nonsense

The people you adore are so dirty that after they have ruined everything else, they will now bring about another crisis, probably worse even than Covid, in hopes of turning their sure defeat around. The rot is up to their pieholes and they know they're going down.

I predict a near nationwide "power grid" problem. "we can't have elections! No power!"

They don't want Garland, Fauci, the election--any of it investigated. They don't care if people die.

These are you people, Mac. Hope you're proud.

It was a surprise to me that August's annualized change was not even 1.5%--
inflacomp.png

--but that's when I took a look at year over year changes--
inflayr.png

--and saw that however minuscule the Aug. drop was, it was just not enough for today's economy. We'll eventually get relief from this problem but my guess it's not going to happen this month.

Forum List

Back