Stock market jumps to all time high since 2008

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Ok, so, who got elected in 2008? LOL! Thanks liberals for running the worst possible candidate you could have and thank you America for electing Donald Trump! My wifes stock is going through the roof!

----------------------------------------------------

Highest level since May 2008.

The Dow rose 163.30 points, or 0.9 percent, to 18,752.99 at 9:45 a.m. in New York, taking it above its Aug. 15 record. The S&P 500 Index advanced 0.9 percent to 2,181.50, within 0.4 percent of a record.

Banks surged 3.7 percent, pushing the two-day advance to 8 percent, as JPMorgan Chase & Co. jumped 4.9 percent and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. climbed 2.9 percent. Drugmakers advanced, led by Pfizer Inc.’s 2.9 percent rally. Industrial shares rose 1.6 percent, with Boeing Co. adding 2.7 percent.

The three industries have paced the rally since Trump’s surprise win on Tuesday, surging on expectations that the president-elect and Republican-controlled Congress will roll back regulations and boost infrastructure spending. Trump’s promise to revive American infrastructure means commodities used to build everything from airports to bridges will benefit under his presidency, according to Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

“It’s a relief rally over the certainty of the outcome of the election and after the conciliatory tone that Trump took,” said Nick Skiming, a fund manager at Jersey, Channel Islands-based Ashburton Ltd. His firm oversees $10 billion. “There’s hope that a new president can introduce reforms that will enable corporate America to move forward.”

Dow Average Climbs to Record as Stock Rally Grows on Trump Bets

• Banned
This is great news. I wonder if obama is contemplating ending it all? LOL!

The business world knows what's up. I imagine they're already crunching numbers to see exactly how much it costs to have x plant in x country and calculating out based on Trump's tax plan proposals. It's not like they /wanted/ to leave America, it just wasn't profitable with all the regulations and taxes.

I bet they're all over the phone trying to "congratulate" The Donald and gripe about x or y regulations.

brn5krqcmaa_tbr-large.jpg

Forum List

Back