Stimulus Ain't Comin'?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
I read this on several websites, quoted from this IRS page, which said:

>> “If (Get My Payment tool) shows ‘Payment Status #2 – Not Available,’ then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return,” <<​
I went to that link and saw the statement but in the space of a few minutes the page was revised and no longer has that line on there. So who knows what's going on.

Has anybody here at all received a paper check? It's my understanding that IRS must send them out by January 15, so that leaves time but not clarity on whether one should expect something or not.

Besides which, the remedy is unclear as well. If checks due in January 2021 are not paid, that's lost income on the 2021 year, which means it wouldn't have a tax form line to claim the credit until the return due April 15 2022, over a year away. And that puts the actual payment a year and a half out.

Phuktifano :dunno:

>> “If (Get My Payment tool) shows ‘Payment Status #2 – Not Available,’ then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return,” <<​
I went to that link and saw the statement but in the space of a few minutes the page was revised and no longer has that line on there. So who knows what's going on.

Has anybody here at all received a paper check? It's my understanding that IRS must send them out by January 15, so that leaves time but not clarity on whether one should expect something or not.

Besides which, the remedy is unclear as well. If checks due in January 2021 are not paid, that's lost income on the 2021 year, which means it wouldn't have a tax form line to claim the credit until the return due April 15 2022, over a year away. And that puts the actual payment a year and a half out.

We got ours last week, direct deposit

I've read there was a glitch that have affected some. These are the kinds of things politicians should be working on together to fix for people ASAP as opposed to beating their chest and saying "look at me".

This is why I do not support either party. Neither party really cares about the people who really need this money and it's not there for them.

Any stimulus payment is technically a tax rebate. Go to your account who files your taxes and they’ll do what needs to be done.

I saw a line for it when i started preparing my taxes last week.
Mnuchin said you should receive paper check around january 21st or so.

Any stimulus payment is technically a tax rebate. Go to your account who files your taxes and they’ll do what needs to be done.

My "account who files your taxes" is ME.

Wow, white privilege...

Not much to go on since Munchkin said the same shit last Spring and that didn't happen either.

Not much to go on since Munchkin said the same shit last Spring and that didn't happen either.
They have to be mailed out by Friday. They HAVE to.

I got a piece of mail saying they couldn't issue me a check by 12/31/2021 so I have to claim it on my taxes.

I got a piece of mail saying they couldn't issue me a check by 12/31/2021 so I have to claim it on my taxes.

What a great plan for "immediate assistance".

I didn't even get that notice.

What a great plan for "immediate assistance" that was.

I didn't even get that notice.

On the letter it said you where supposed to get it by law (the letter)

So the January 15 deadline came and went 12 days ago. I've received no correspondence from IRS. Presumably no one has. So much for that.

Forum List

Back