Apple is lobbying against a bill aimed at stopping forced labor in China

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Another reason for me to avoid their products. If this is true, these are some sick puppies indeed who I wouldn't have wanted to be around during Germanies rise.

Was Rick Gervais right when he called out Tim Cook and his company in front of the world?

Apple lobbyists are trying to weaken a bill aimed at preventing forced labor in China, according to two congressional staffers familiar with the matter, highlighting the clash between its business imperatives and its official stance on human rights.

The Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act would require U.S. companies to guarantee they do not use imprisoned or coerced workers from the predominantly Muslim region of Xinjiang, where academic researchers estimate the Chinese government has placed more than 1 million people into internment camps. Apple is heavily dependent on Chinese manufacturing, and human rights reports have identified instances in which alleged forced Uighur labor has been used in Apple’s supply chain.

The staffers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the talks with the company took place in private meetings, said Apple was one of many U.S. companies that oppose the bill as it’s written. They declined to disclose details on the specific provisions Apple was trying to knock down or change because they feared providing that knowledge would identify them to Apple. But they both characterized Apple’s effort as an attempt to water down the bill.

Then it won't pass. Business always gets it way. Forced labor in China or illegal labor here, they get what they want.

I don't buy anything from Apple.

It's a horrible company
Neither do I, I only buy my stuff from other countries with slave labor.
Its a murky business.

All the big corporations love their slave labor as they smoke their big cigars and drink their Dom Perignon..

Another reason for me to avoid their products. If this is true, these are some sick puppies indeed who I wouldn't have wanted to be around during Germanies rise.

Was Rick Gervais right when he called out Tim Cook and his company in front of the world?

Apple lobbyists are trying to weaken a bill aimed at preventing forced labor in China, according to two congressional staffers familiar with the matter, highlighting the clash between its business imperatives and its official stance on human rights.

The Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act would require U.S. companies to guarantee they do not use imprisoned or coerced workers from the predominantly Muslim region of Xinjiang, where academic researchers estimate the Chinese government has placed more than 1 million people into internment camps. Apple is heavily dependent on Chinese manufacturing, and human rights reports have identified instances in which alleged forced Uighur labor has been used in Apple’s supply chain.

The staffers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the talks with the company took place in private meetings, said Apple was one of many U.S. companies that oppose the bill as it’s written. They declined to disclose details on the specific provisions Apple was trying to knock down or change because they feared providing that knowledge would identify them to Apple. But they both characterized Apple’s effort as an attempt to water down the bill.
Not very social justice like of them? Is their WOKE image just marketing?

All big businesses use slave labour and tricks to avoid paying tax. And those who take the morale high ground against slave labour and tax avoidance, vent their anger on the internet using an iPhone, dinking a Starbucks coffee, wearing Nike trainers etc...

All big businesses use slave labour and tricks to avoid paying tax. And those who take the morale high ground against slave labour and tax avoidance, vent their anger on the internet using an iPhone, dinking a Starbucks coffee, wearing Nike trainers etc...

I sure as hell don't. I avoid their products as best I can. I've got a soul to maintain and ignorance isn't an excuse anymore.

I decided to ditch mine when they forced emojis with men wearing wedding dresses on me and a bunch of tranny symbol and flag emojis. I don't support any of that kind of in-your-face propaganda.

I've spent tens of thousands of Federal Reserve Notes on Apple products over the years, too. Definitely not the company Jobs started any more.

I haven't used Google or Google's products in over a decade and have no intention to move from one to another. That would defeat the purpose.

Don't really need twitter for anything, don't have a facebook and don't want one. I don't really do any of the stupid social media apps.

Why invite these anti-christs into your life anyway?

We have our own platforms which are under our own control, and they're far, far more effective in terms of policy education.

I ordered a Plum. lol.

ram7-sec1.png

It'll keep me free of the intrusions by these companies and all of their 'contact tracing' bullshit and all of the other government spyware that's built into useless apps that annoy you all day with lights and sounds to make you think your mobile device is the most important thing in your life, really all I need is a rugged phone/texter anyway.

I may pick up another Getac and ditch Baal's Windows OS and install Linux on that. I've always preferred Getac anyway.

Probably gonna go with the Getac X500 Server...

x500-server_2-1.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back