What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stick to Basics

beretta304

Rookie
Reaction score
If every politician and lawmaker would keep that in mind in their decision making we would all be better off.

Now I realize there are complex issues but if, as I said, they just would take a step back before "setting things in stone" and saying is this the best and simpliest way to get the job done, the nation and all of us would benefit.

Look at the complexity of trying to get anything gone in Congress and all the built tricks for creating gridlock.

Keep it simple.....

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember Paul Ryan saying something along the lines (in working with Dems) that they acknowledged their differences but in order to get anything done they focused on what they agreed upon and used that as a starting point. That's just good old common sense if you ask me.

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If every politician and lawmaker would keep that in mind in their decision making we would all be better off.

Now I realize there are complex issues but if, as I said, they just would take a step back before "setting things in stone" and saying is this the best and simpliest way to get the job done, the nation and all of us would benefit.

Look at the complexity of trying to get anything gone in Congress and all the built tricks for creating gridlock.

Keep it simple.....

Harry Reid intends to to that. I heard him crying about the philibuster yesterday. Said he wants to change the rules to put a stop to it.

Not good

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Keep it simple.....

Harry Reid intends to to that. I heard him crying about the philibuster yesterday. Said he wants to change the rules to put a stop to it.

Not good

Harry Reid is a dangerous man.

OP
beretta304

beretta304

Rookie
Reaction score
I remember Paul Ryan saying something along the lines (in working with Dems) that they acknowledged their differences but in order to get anything done they focused on what they agreed upon and used that as a starting point. That's just good old common sense if you ask me.

That's what I'm talking about. We as a nation have lost sight of "how" to get things done.

OP
beretta304

beretta304

Rookie
Reaction score

Keep it simple.....

Not good

Harry Reid is a dangerous man.

If one wants to worry about a "dangerous" man keep an eye closely on the "head guy" and his "executive order pen".

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
The problem being that anytime they agree, it means less liberty and freedom of choice for the populace.

See: USAPATRIOT Act, NDAA, bailouts, smoking bans, ad nauseum.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$166.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List