Steve Schmidt warns of ‘deadly political consequences’ if GOP takes away health care from Trump vote

brummelben

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2016
Republicans will face “deadly political consequences” if they take away access to health care from voters who backed them and Donald Trump, agreed MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough and GOP strategist Steve Schmidt.

Scarborough slammed the House GOP bill, which has drawn widespread criticism, as both poorly thought-out and clumsily rolled out.

“Can you imagine how badly they’re misplaying all of this?” Scarborough said Thursday on “Morning Joe.”

He pointed out that the AARP, along with the conservative groups Freedom Works and Club for Growth, were all working against the legislation, and Scarborough blasted GOP lawmakers for cruel comments about low-income Americans.

“You have a Republican congressman (Wednesday) coming out saying, ‘Well, the poor are so lazy, they don’t really even want health care,’ another Republican congressman saying, maybe they just don’t buy an iPhone for a year and they can afford health care,” Scarborough sai

Health insurance is a land mine, no question. It was the intent all along to get government so involved only government could handle it. I'm not a fan of what I've heard so far but have no doubt Hillary would have continued the failing system. And it isn't just Trump voters that have insurance.

The lying comes from the far right that hates the idea of a healthy America so much.

• Banned
Health insurance is a land mine, no question. It was the intent all along to get government so involved only government could handle it. I'm not a fan of what I've heard so far but have no doubt Hillary would have continued the failing system. And it isn't just Trump voters that have insurance.
The current system could have been improved for all, Republicans refused to do it. Now they want to put in a new system so fast, that the CBO hasn't even scored it yet. What will it cost? How many will be covered or lose coverage?

I'm worried also. It could be a disaster for the midterms. The GOP better do this in a smart way.

I doubt many voters who look for handouts from the government were backing Trump.
Access to healthcare insurance won't be blocked for anyone. Access to handouts to pay for healthcare insurance, probably.
No hopefully.

I doubt many voters who look for handouts from the government were backing Trump.
Access to healthcare insurance won't be blocked for anyone. Access to handouts to pay for healthcare insurance, probably.
No hopefully.
No "handouts" as you refer to them, and millions upon millions will lose health insurance coverage which is bad for everyone

Oh please, stop with that collective bullshit.

It will be good for the funeral business.

No hopefully.
Its the insurance companies probably doing the most whining cause the gigs up.

The current system could have been improved for all, Republicans refused to do it. Now they want to put in a new system so fast, that the CBO hasn't even scored it yet. What will it cost? How many will be covered or lose coverage?
I understand this is an attempt to improve obiecare. I imagine the only ones in danger of losing insurance are those not paying for it.

I understand this is an attempt to improve obiecare. I imagine the only ones in danger of losing insurance are those not paying for it.
Those who get subsidies represent the majority of those who will lose coverage, but not all

Those who get subsidies represent the majority of those who will lose coverage, but not all
The bills have to be voted into law, we are a ways off.

The bills have to be voted into law, we are a ways off.
As of now, the speaker of the house is confident that this will pass through congress. Does that make you happy?

Forum List

Back