Stephen Miller's uncle: 'I felt it was incumbent upon me to raise my voice'...

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'David Glosser, uncle to White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, defended an editorial excoriating his nephew and the administration's immigration policy Tuesday, telling CNN, "I felt it was incumbent upon me to raise my voice to let people know that this is a country of immigrants and our family were immigrants -- in fact, we were refugees."

"If my ancestors had not immigrated to the United States when they did, if they waited a few more years until 1924, the door would have been shut," Glosser told CNN's John Berman on "New Day." "My parents would have gone up the crematory chimney, I wouldn't have born, my sister wouldn't have been born and certainly Stephen would never have existed."
Glosser's op-ed, published Monday in Politico, blasts Miller for being an "Immigration Hypocrite," and details his Jewish ancestors' decision to flee Antopol in the early 1900s, a village whose Jewish population was decimated during the Holocaust during World War II. Glosser writes, "I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, an educated man who is well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family's life in this country."
"The reason I wrote it now is because the administration had an increasingly hostile posture towards desperate people trying to enter the country," Glosser, a retired neuropsychologist, told CNN Tuesday. "I had been posting my opinions on Facebook for the past year or two, but various members of the family as well as myself thought I could no longer remain, have a, shall we say, a quiet voice on the subject in light of the incarceration of all these children. This was an act of inexcusable cruelty."'

Stephen Miller's uncle: 'I felt it was incumbent upon me to raise my voice' against administration's immigration policy - CNNPolitics

It's nice to know not everyone in Stephen Miller's family is as emotionally disturbed as he seems to be.

No doubt, now Trumpbots will viciously attack this person for daring to disagree with one of Trump's inner circle.

• Banned
Stephen Miller Is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I’m His Uncle.

'Let me tell you a story about Stephen Miller and chain migration.

It begins at the turn of the 20th century, in a dirt-floor shack in the village of Antopol, a shtetl of subsistence farmers in what is now Belarus. Beset by violent anti-Jewish pogroms and forced childhood conscription in the Czar’s army, the patriarch of the shack, Wolf-Leib Glosser, fled a village where his forebears had lived for centuries and took his chances in America.

He set foot on Ellis Island on January 7, 1903, with $8 to his name. Though fluent in Polish, Russian and Yiddish, he understood no English. An elder son, Nathan, soon followed. By street corner peddling and sweatshop toil, Wolf-Leib and Nathan sent enough money home to pay off debts and buy the immediate family’s passage to America in 1906. That group included young Sam Glosser, who with his family settled in the western Pennsylvania city of Johnstown, a booming coal and steel town that was a magnet for other hardworking immigrants. The Glosser family quickly progressed from selling goods from a horse and wagon to owning a haberdashery in Johnstown run by Nathan and Wolf-Leib to a chain of supermarkets and discount department stores run by my grandfather, Sam, and the next generation of Glossers, including my dad, Izzy. It was big enough to be listed on the AMEX stock exchange and employed thousands of people over time. In the span of some 80 years and five decades, this family emerged from poverty in a hostile country to become a prosperous, educated clan of merchants, scholars, professionals, and, most important, American citizens.

What does this classically American tale have to do with Stephen Miller? Well, Izzy Glosser is his maternal grandfather, and Stephen’s mother, Miriam, is my sister.'

I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, an educated man who is well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family’s life in this country.

'David Glosser, uncle to White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, defended an editorial excoriating his nephew and the administration's immigration policy Tuesday, telling CNN, "I felt it was incumbent upon me to raise my voice to let people know that this is a country of immigrants and our family were immigrants -- in fact, we were refugees."

"If my ancestors had not immigrated to the United States when they did, if they waited a few more years until 1924, the door would have been shut," Glosser told CNN's John Berman on "New Day." "My parents would have gone up the crematory chimney, I wouldn't have born, my sister wouldn't have been born and certainly Stephen would never have existed."
Glosser's op-ed, published Monday in Politico, blasts Miller for being an "Immigration Hypocrite," and details his Jewish ancestors' decision to flee Antopol in the early 1900s, a village whose Jewish population was decimated during the Holocaust during World War II. Glosser writes, "I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, an educated man who is well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family's life in this country."
"The reason I wrote it now is because the administration had an increasingly hostile posture towards desperate people trying to enter the country," Glosser, a retired neuropsychologist, told CNN Tuesday. "I had been posting my opinions on Facebook for the past year or two, but various members of the family as well as myself thought I could no longer remain, have a, shall we say, a quiet voice on the subject in light of the incarceration of all these children. This was an act of inexcusable cruelty."'

Stephen Miller's uncle: 'I felt it was incumbent upon me to raise my voice' against administration's immigration policy - CNNPolitics

It's nice to know not everyone in Stephen Miller's family is as emotionally disturbed as he seems to be.

No doubt, now Trumpbots will viciously attack this person for daring to disagree with one of Trump's inner circle.

Oh boo hoo, come LEGALLY or don't come at all. Damn simple.

Typical dumbass leftard strawman. No one is against legal immigration, pull your head out of your ass.

It begins at the turn of the 20th century, in a dirt-floor shack in the village of Antopol, a shtetl of subsistence farmers in what is now Belarus. Beset by violent anti-Jewish pogroms and forced childhood conscription in the Czar’s army, the patriarch of the shack, Wolf-Leib Glosser, fled a village where his forebears had lived for centuries and took his chances in America.

He set foot on Ellis Island on January 7, 1903, with $8 to his name. Though fluent in Polish, Russian and Yiddish, he understood no English. An elder son, Nathan, soon followed. By street corner peddling and sweatshop toil, Wolf-Leib and Nathan sent enough money home to pay off debts and buy the immediate family’s passage to America in 1906. That group included young Sam Glosser, who with his family settled in the western Pennsylvania city of Johnstown, a booming coal and steel town that was a magnet for other hardworking immigrants. The Glosser family quickly progressed from selling goods from a horse and wagon to owning a haberdashery in Johnstown run by Nathan and Wolf-Leib to a chain of supermarkets and discount department stores run by my grandfather, Sam, and the next generation of Glossers, including my dad, Izzy. It was big enough to be listed on the AMEX stock exchange and employed thousands of people over time. In the span of some 80 years and five decades, this family emerged from poverty in a hostile country to become a prosperous, educated clan of merchants, scholars, professionals, and, most important, American citizens.

What does this classically American tale have to do with Stephen Miller? Well, Izzy Glosser is his maternal grandfather, and Stephen’s mother, Miriam, is my sister.'

I have watched with dismay and increasing horror as my nephew, an educated man who is well aware of his heritage, has become the architect of immigration policies that repudiate the very foundation of our family’s life in this country.

The problem with immigration is not policy - its law. Congress needs to fix the immigration system in this country. Unfortunately, they gain a lot more by keeping it an open and 'unsolvable' problem even though there are several easy fixes that can be implemented fairly easily.

Typical dumbass leftard strawman. No one is against legal immigration, pull your head out of your ass.

When you attack chain immigration you are against legal immigration.

The whole thing was about legal immigration.

How's it smell up there kid?

Is that the new buzzword for illegals?

I've got about 2 dozen good friends who are first generation immigrants.

You leftards have solidified all of them into avid Trump fans, so thank you.

Ummm. NO! I’m talking legal immigration . Chain is under fire by the right . Why??? Cause they really want to stop ALL immigration that’s why .

Stephen Miller is just a younger version of the Svengali-like mentorship that Trump received from the bastard, Roy Kohn.

Ummm. NO! I’m talking legal immigration . Chain is under fire by the right . Why??? Cause they really want to stop ALL immigration that’s why .

Of course they want to stop virtually ALL immigration........

White Europeans, Canadians, Australians, etc. are better off than we are.....their standard of living puts ours to shame.....

So, who would be left?.......Brown and black and some Oriental folks and closeted-racist, conservative old folks do NOT want these folks.......Miller is a scumbag serving the wishes of the scumbag-in-chief.

Sure they do.
Nutter.

Of course they want to stop virtually ALL immigration........

White Europeans, Canadians, Australians, etc. are better off than we are.....their standard of living puts ours to shame.....

So, who would be left?.......Brown and black and some Oriental folks and closeted-racist, conservative old folks do NOT want these folks.......Miller is a scumbag serving the wishes of the scumbag-in-chief.
Link to the Bills in Congress to stop,all immigration.

Dumbass liar.

' raise my voice to let people know that this is a country of immigrants and our family were immigrants -- in fact, we were refugees."

Hypocrite," and details his Jewish ancestors' decision to flee Antopol in the early 1900s, a village whose Jewish population was decimated during the Holocaust

Yellowcaust

Cowardice is the crime that enables all others.

Another illogical attitude: The Ku Klux Klan hates Blacks, Jews, and Catholics. Why do Jews then identify with Black "oppression" when Catholics don't?

Someone should tell uncle David the world has changed over the last 100+ years.

Oh boo hoo, come LEGALLY or don't come at all. Damn simple.

Trump is throwing out people who did emigrate legally. Hundreds of thousand who came in on visas after hurricanes, floods and earthquakes.

People who ask for asylum are doing so legally and they’re being deported without hearings.

He’s also threatening to deport any immigrant who lives in a household which has ever received any form of government assistance, including CHIP, food stamps, or earned income credits.

Miller’s uncle is right about his disgusting nephew. I’d love to be a fly on the wall at that family Seder.

Forum List

Back