Stem-cell morality

My point is, if you wish to discuss the merit of what I posted, that is fine. Just don't spin it into anything more than what it is.

I could care less if you consider abortion to be murder. You're wrong, but entitled to your opinion. My questions to Abbey weren't about her calling abortion murder, but rather about her statement about murderers being born with an innate motivation to kill.

I don't believe that I've discussed YOUR opinion of abortion in this thread at all, so I fail to see how I've spun or attempted to put a spin on anything you've written. As such, your admonishment about spinning would be "presumptive" wouldn't it?

Not presumptive at all. One need look no further than your initial response to Abbey. However, it was not meant as an admonishment .... merely a parameter.

If you will refer to post #31 in this thread you will find that I, in fact, did. This appears to be another presumption on your part. Refresh my memory...isn't there a term for someone who admonishes someone for committing an offense of which they themselves are guilty?

You ask a question, then answer it yourself.

Really?

You're trying to compare murder to abortion...as a matter of fact, although I'm not sure if you have or not, I have seen abortion called murder by posters on this board. This logically leads to the conclusion that you consider women who get abortions to be murderers and makes my question a valid one.

Edited to add:
I did a search and you have indeed said that women who have an abortion have committed pre-meditated, 1st-degree murder.

So, to quote Missileman: If you already know the answer, why ask? And by supposedly already knowing the answer, it invalidates the question.

Now, in reference to my so-called "admonishment," let's look at the context in which you use the term "murder" in post # 31. Rather accusatory, if you ask me.

Lastly, I have not admonished you for anything. Not even a good try.

You ask a question, then answer it yourself.

So, to quote Missileman: If you already know the answer, why ask? And by supposedly already knowing the answer, it invalidates the question.

Now, in reference to my so-called "admonishment," let's look at the context in which you use the term "murder" in post # 31. Rather accusatory, if you ask me.

Lastly, I have not admonished you for anything. Not even a good try.

Earth calling cluless! My question to Abbey wasn't whether she considers abortion to be murder.

Oh look ... it's "Mr Giggles."

I'm dodging NOTHING, Howdy Doody. I made the EXACT same statement Missileman claims Abbey is making. He seems to be more worried with what she said than with the statement itself.

Either way, I don't see what that has to do with "Mr Wild-n-Crazy Guy" from the peanut gallery.

The peanut gallery, hehe, that must have been funny 40 years ago. "Howdy Doody", good one!

If you're not dodging, then why did you not answer the quesion directly?

I could care less if you consider abortion to be murder. You're wrong, but entitled to your opinion. My questions to Abbey weren't about her calling abortion murder, but rather about her statement about murderers being born with an innate motivation to kill.

1. I am not wrong.

2. I don't see Abbey's statement about murderers being born with an innate motiviation to kill as anything but what it is. You're applying it to her comment concerning abortion.

So, do you think murderers are born with an innate motivation to kill?

1. I am not wrong.

2. I don't see Abbey's statement about murderers being born with an innate motiviation to kill as anything but what it is. You're applying it to her comment concerning abortion.

So, do you think murderers are born with an innate motivation to kill?

Some probably, but very few, IMO. My question was trying to determine if Abbey believes that women who get abortions (murderers by her own definition) get pregnant on purpose so they can fulfill this innate motivation to kill.

Some probably, but very few, IMO. My question was trying to determine if Abbey believes that women who get abortions (murderers by her own definition) get pregnant on purpose so they can fulfill this innate motivation to kill.

Exactly. And it was to THAT I responded. I didn't read THAT into what she posted.

Exactly. And it was to THAT I responded. I didn't read THAT into what she posted.

But I did. And because I disagree that abortion is murder, I am trying to see just how far those who believe it is are willing to go when trying to equate your average scumbag who breaks into a house and kills an old man with a couple shots to the head to a woman who terminates her pregnancy. If you believe that they are the same thing, are you willing to argue that both are motivated by this supposed innate need to kill and are you willing to argue that a woman who gets an abortion should be executed?

To anyone who disapproves of ESC research:

Are you a pacifist? If not, then do you view the droppings of the atom bomb on Japan as a way to actually save lives that would have normally been lost in standard warfare?

If you support the above, then you must also support ESC research because that is a way to potentially save lives that would be lost. Potentially living persons (as defined biologically) will be terminated, but they will feel no pain and they have not developed enough to have thoughts. People that do feel pain and have real lives will be saved from pre-mature death.

You must spread some Reputation around before dinging that moron CharlestonChad again.

lol...i love jim's features

You must spread some Reputation around before dinging that moron CharlestonChad again.

lol...i love jim's features

I didn't know we had any actual homosexuals on this board. I kinda thought all the neocons would scare them away.

manu-I support you getting married, so I'm one of the "good guys".:cool:

But I did. And because I disagree that abortion is murder, I am trying to see just how far those who believe it is are willing to go when trying to equate your average scumbag who breaks into a house and kills an old man with a couple shots to the head to a woman who terminates her pregnancy. If you believe that they are the same thing, are you willing to argue that both are motivated by this supposed innate need to kill and are you willing to argue that a woman who gets an abortion should be executed?

You think they are not the same thing?

Scumbag breaks into house and kills old man with a couple of shots to the head because he places more value on his selfish desires than he does another human life. Shooting the old man and taking his belongings enables Mr Scumbag to escape the responsibility of beign a law abiding citizen and earning his own way.

Woman has an abortion -- not each and every, but most -- to escape the responsibility for the consequences of her irresponsible actions. She places her selfish desires above those of another human life.

WHERE is the difference?

I am not arguing that there is some innate need to kill. I am arguing that in both cases, the individual places his/her desires and serving those desires above all else, to include other human beings.

As far as who gets executed, the ofrmer is against the law; while, the latter has disregarded completely the rights of unborn human being to life and is not against the law.

In other words, morally, there is no difference. Legally there is.

Until a fetus has developed to the point where it can be considered a human being, no, I don't think they are the same thing.

In other-other words, abortion is a sin, not a crime.

But they think sin should be legislated against. What amuses me is then they ask in what way they are trying to impose their religious beliefs on others.

Oh welll...

Anyway, have a good night.

Woman has an abortion -- not each and every, but most -- to escape the responsibility for the consequences of her irresponsible actions. She places her selfish desires above those of another human life.

:link:

Any evidence of that, or are you just making assumptions?

Until a fetus has developed to the point where it can be considered a human being, no, I don't think they are the same thing.

While I disagree with your opinion of what is considered a human being, you are entitled to it.

However, it is ignoring logic to disavow the fact that a fetus is an unborn human being. Any argeument otherwise is an argument of convenience, not fact nor logic.

In other-other words, abortion is a sin, not a crime.

Semantics.

But they think sin should be legislated against. What amuses me is then they ask in what way they are trying to impose their religious beliefs on others.

Oh welll...

Anyway, have a good night.

Who are you calling "they," Pumpkin?

You need to wake up and take along look at my argument which does not rely on religious belief beyond the fact that it is the basis for the values of the society in which we live.

My argument is much simpler. Anyone denying that a fetus is an unborn human being for the sake of absolving themselves of the guilt associated with murdering another human being are just plain stupid, and fooling no one but themselves.

Clear it up for you any?

:link:

Any evidence of that, or are you just making assumptions?

You left-wingnuts just don't comprende, do you? Now you want to deflect onto playing link vs link of statistics. Let's don't look too closely with our own eyes ... might see something we don't like.

You can define escaping the responsibility of irresponsible action all you want, and it STILL amounts to the same thing. I say "convenience." You of course come back with, "What about rape, incest, blah, blah, blah."

You want to bet the farm that the number of abortions performed due to life-threatening circumstances is more than even 10% of all abortions performed? EVEN IF you were to double that (20%), that STILL means 80% are a matter of convenience and escaping responsibility.

However, it is ignoring logic to disavow the fact that a fetus is an unborn human being. Any argeument otherwise is an argument of convenience, not fact nor logic.

There are quite a few more "uns" that apply to a fetus that figure into why it isn't an "unborn human being" until it develops to a certain point.

Forum List

Back