Status as a Candidate and our legal system.

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
It has been put forth in many threads that it is wrong to indict Trump due to his status as the leading candidate for the 'other party"?

So, my question is should the legal system take into account the status of someone as a candidate for some national/state/local office?

Should it be codified into law that a candidate for office cannot be charged with a crime till after whatever election they are a candidate for?

It has been put forth in many threads that it is wrong to indict Trump due to his status as the leading candidate for the 'other party"?

So, my question is should the legal system take into account the status of someone as a candidate for some national/state/local office?

Should it be codified into law that a candidate for office cannot be charged with a crime till after whatever election they are a candidate for?

It wouldn't be an issue if said candidate was charged with clear cut crimes, Murder, Robbery, even Bribery.

What Trump is facing is politicized lawfare, which makes this entire discussion irrelevant due to the political nature of the accusations and prosecutions.

Don't jump ahead of the fact that the entire justice system is corrupted by politics.

Can it ever return to normal again?

why didnt you ask this question when trump tried to investigate biden for his ukraine connections??

everyone said he couldnt be investigated because he was a candidate,,

so why the dbl standard??

Don't jump ahead of the fact that the entire justice system is corrupted by politics.

Can it ever return to normal again?
Until the corrupted RNC/DNC corporations are liquidated I would say corruption will remain if not outright increase. The below link illustrates just one side of the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) corruption but believe me, both sides of the duopoly party are corrupt to the core.

Until the corrupted RNC/DNC corporations are liquidated I would say corruption will remain if not outright increase. The below link illustrates just one side of the RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) corruption but believe me, both sides of the duopoly party are corrupt to the core.

Nobody is suggesting a rational alternative.

I've suggested social reform but that's roundly rejected by nearly all Americans.

No it should not. In the case of Trump.

They have been asking for those records and he refused to return them since day one when he left office.

So he knew that he was in trouble when he made the decision to take classified information home.

Like in what reality does government secrets seem like something you want to hang on to.

Thus announcing his candidacy serves him in two ways.

One if elected he can grant himself a pardon?

Two as a candidate he can claim all kinds of conspiracies against him, From government out to get me to government weaponization, and democrats are whatever floats from his mouth.

Last ditch effort but in the end it will not help him. It will only give his supports a train to jump on.

They have been asking for those records and he refused to return them since day one when he left office.

So he knew that he was in trouble when he made the decision to take classified information home.

Like in what reality does government secrets seem like something you want to hang on to.

Two as a candidate he can claim all kinds of conspiracies against him, From government out to get me to government weaponization, and democrats are whatever floats from his mouth.

Last ditch effort but in the end it will not help him. It will only give his supports a train to jump on.
he didnt refuse to return them,,

they were in discussion to determine who they really belonged too, and why the FBI gave trump the lock to lock the room they were in until the dispute could be resolved,,

America's system has already provided Trump with immunity against prosecution.
Trump will win back the presidency through methods that are above and beyond the law.

It can be imagined that vigilante justice has become Trump's only real threat to his future.

America's system has already provided Trump with immunity against prosecution.
Trump will win back the presidency through methods that are above and beyond the law.

It can be imagined that vigilante justice has become Trump's only real threat to his future.
now thats just stupid considering hes being prosecuted right now from several different directions,,

he didnt refuse to return them,,

they were in discussion to determine who they really belonged too, and why the FBI gave trump the lock to lock the room they were in until the dispute could be resolved,,
The Presidential Records Act, or PRA, governs the maintenance of presidential records. It was passed in 1978, after former President Richard Nixon sought to destroy recordings made in the White House that documented activities related to the Watergate scandal,

When a president leaves office, the archivist takes custody of the records from that administration and is responsible for their preservation and for providing access to the public, according to a Congressional Research Service report.
NARA had worked with representatives for Trump over the course of 2021 to find records that hadn’t been transferred, according to a statement from the administration.

When a president is living office NARA coordinates the transfer of records. This was done with Trump , They easily discovered that he did not return all the records. They attempt numerous time after he left office and he refused.

That is why they raided his home years after he left office. He was given the opportunity to return them but refused.

The Presidential Records Act, or PRA, governs the maintenance of presidential records. It was passed in 1978, after former President Richard Nixon sought to destroy recordings made in the White House that documented activities related to the Watergate scandal,

When a president leaves office, the archivist takes custody of the records from that administration and is responsible for their preservation and for providing access to the public, according to a Congressional Research Service report.
NARA had worked with representatives for Trump over the course of 2021 to find records that hadn’t been transferred, according to a statement from the administration.

When a president is living office NARA coordinates the transfer of records. This was done with Trump , They easily discovered that he did not return all the records. They attempt numerous time after he left office and he refused.

That is why they raided his home years after he left office. He was given the opportunity to return them but refused.

makes you wonder why this hasnt been enforced until trump left office,,

Forum List

Back