"State's Rights" Party crushes local government power in NC

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
North Carolina Lawmakers Vote To Ban Cities From Protecting LGBT People

HB 2, which passed in a special session, would set a statewide anti-discrimination policy, banning employers and businesses from discriminating against employees or customers based on their race, color, country of origin, religion, age or “biological sex.” The bill offers no protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, and prevents local governments from passing any nondiscrimination policy that goes beyond the statewide standard.

the bill also prevents cities and counties from raising the minimum wage.
The bill would also end anti-discrimination protections for veterans. At least two North Carolina jurisdictions — Greensboro and Orange County — have anti-discrimination ordinances in place banning bias based on military or veteran status. Under the new measure, cities and counties would be prohibited from passing protections for veterans or service members.

Whenever the Federal Government attempts to impose any law on the states the Republican go ape shit crazy (unless the law is passed by Republicans).

But when it comes to blocking rights for gays, the poor, or veterans....the Republicans are all for using the higher government to impose a dictatorial will upon the local governments in the state.

Hypocrites?

I suggest you actually read what it says dumb ass. It clearly bans discrimination and stops reverse discrimination as well.

The bill sets a minimum bar for discrimination (mostly following federal law anyway...) and prevents local governments from going any further. You have to be a dunce to think this is in anyway made to help people affected by discrimination.

You have to be a dunce to think this is in anyway made to help people affected by discrimination.

You're just mad because the bill dares to apply the same rules to LGBT people as they do to straight people. It prevents either side from engaging in discriminatory practices against one another.

You want equal protection under the law? You got it.

You people are such LIARS and not just that, but disgusting and low how you twist things to suit your AGENDA while tearing this country apart. and it's from the HUFFERpuffingpaint so no wonder that title is DISHONEST . Homosexuals are no more SPECIAL than the rest of the people in this country. they should have to live under the same laws WE ALL DO

You have to be a dunce to think this is in anyway made to help people affected by discrimination.

You're just mad because the bill dares to apply the same rules to LGBT people as they do to straight people. It prevents either side from engaging in discriminatory practices against one another.

Right...cause people get fired for being "straight" all the time.

You people are such LIARS and not just that but disgusting and low how you twist things to suit your AGENDA. I can't stand a liar

Does the bill prevent local governments in NC from having their own ordinances on these issues or doesn't it? It's pretty black and white here.

Well, you were close, but I'll help ya a little since I know you're challenged...

"right... cause "straight" people get fired all the time."

Well, you were close, but I'll help ya a little since I know you're challenged...

We're talking about discrimination here correct?

Straight people get fired all the time for being an ignorant dumbass , just like you are being on this topic.

That has nothing to do with what the bill addresses. We're talking about bathrooms of all places. Bathrooms.

However, to you, it's okay for you to be a boy and go into a girl's locker room because you "identify" as a girl. Yes, yes, let's forget that every biological girl in the locker room have any rights to privacy. Do you understand how awkward and traumatizing that is? I doubt you do.

the hell with that. we could all wail about being discriminated against over something . they are the ones who just WANTED to be left alone and then we get beat over the head with BS titles like the one from Huffingpaint. just one of the dishonest lying leftwing hates sites out there. Now we are seeing them trying to destroy people who won't bake them a gawddam cake. it's them and you who are discriminating against the people freedoms to not be forced to be bent over for a small minority in this country

In this case, reverse discrimination. The kind people like you pretend doesn't exist, just like reverse racism.

If you're WHITE and STRAIGHT, you are AUTOMATICALLY a RACIST HOMOPHOBE... ain't that right?

That has nothing to do with what the bill addresses. We're talking about bathrooms of all places. Bathrooms.

However, to you, it's okay for you to be a boy and go into a girl's locker room because you "identify" as a girl. Yes, yes, let's forget that every biological girl in the locker room have any rights to privacy. Do you understand how awkward and traumatizing that is? I doubt you do.

In this case, reverse discrimination. The kind people like you pretend doesn't exist, just like reverse racism.

If you're WHITE and STRAIGHT, you are AUTOMATICALLY a RACIST HOMOPHOBE... ain't that right?

Okay fine...explain the portion crushing local minimum wages?

The bill is pretty darn expansive and direct: Local governments in NC are to have NO real power at all....you obey the state government and shut up.

/facepalm

The bill covers WAY WAY more than bathrooms...

/facepalm

Yeah, I just got through reading it. You are all up in arms because it applies anti discrimination laws to everyone.

/facepalm

Yeah, I just got through reading it. You are all up in arms because it applies anti discrimination laws to everyone.

If you are a pea-brain you might think that. It's blatantly obvious what the intentions were.

North Carolina already had discrimination laws for race, age, "biological gender" etc (by Federal Law)....the bill does not "Add" any anti-discrimination law, it merely sets a bar that denies any local government from going any further than the state law.

/facepalm

If you are a pea-brain you might think that. It's blatantly obvious what the intentions were. North Carolina already had discrimination laws for race, age, "biological gender" etc (by Federal Law)....the bill does not "Add" any anti-discrimination law, it merely sets a bar that denies any local government from going any further than the state law.

I'm sorry you can't wrap your mind around it. And I'm sorry you paid little to no attention to the concept that rules do apply to you, not just to people you happen to not like.

/facepalm

If you are a pea-brain you might think that. It's blatantly obvious what the intentions were. North Carolina already had discrimination laws for race, age, "biological gender" etc (by Federal Law)....the bill does not "Add" any anti-discrimination law, it merely sets a bar that denies any local government from going any further than the state law.

I'm sorry you can't wrap your mind around it. And I'm sorry you paid little to no attention to the concept that rules do apply to you, not just to people you happen to not like.

what?

Forum List

Back