Tolerance: a rant

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Disney and Marvel are threatening to take their productions out of Georgia, and the NFL is threatening to remove Atlanta from consideration as a future Super Bowl venue if Governor Deal signs the newly passed Religious Freedom bill, because it allows "discriminatory practices." Perhaps they figure that other people can gain rights while also discriminating (oooh big surprise) against people of faith for not upholding values they see as sinful. Discriminating to stop discrimination as it were.

Tolerance.

We all demand it, but we never give it. It would be nice if we lived in a country that allowed controversial viewpoints to receive just as much attention as politically correct ones. It would be great to live in a country which allowed an individual to uphold his or her values in both commerce and in everyday life.

Don't want to bake the cake because the customer is gay? Don't like being discriminated against because of your sexual preferences? Don't like it when someone has an opinion you don't like? Get over it. America would be far less divided if we learned to tolerate each other's views and choices. If you don't get your cake, go find someone else to make one for you. But if you're the baker, think long and hard before saying no.

If someone has an opinion you don't like, accept that reality and move on. Nobody has to be just like you. If someone has their faith to uphold, accept that reality and move on. You don't get to force your values on others. The tolerance road runs both ways. I was in church earlier, and we were discussing on different ways to turn the other cheek. Too many willing to deal the backhand and not many willing to take it. Tolerance isn't unique to one person or another, it's capable of being exercised by everyone. However, if you have no tolerance of someone's beliefs or choices to the point where you are driven to use our legal system to purge them from our society, you in turn deserve no tolerance.

Dude, if anyone needs tolerance it's you. We all tolerate you.

Shit. This again?

Tolerating intolerance is not what is meant when we demand tolerance.

You have to know this by now. You've been down this road a dozen times and never reached your destination. When will you learn?

Disney and Marvel are threatening to take their productions out of Georgia, and the NFL is threatening to remove Atlanta from consideration as a future Super Bowl venue if Governor Deal signs the newly passed Religious Freedom bill, because it allows "discriminatory practices." Perhaps they figure that other people can gain rights while also discriminating (oooh big surprise) against people of faith for not upholding values they see as sinful. Discriminating to stop discrimination as it were.

Tolerance.

We all demand it, but we never give it. It would be nice if we lived in a country that allowed controversial viewpoints to receive just as much attention as politically correct ones. It would be great to live in a country which allowed an individual to uphold his or her values in both commerce and in everyday life.

Don't want to bake the cake because the customer is gay? Don't like being discriminated against because of your sexual preferences? Don't like it when someone has an opinion you don't like? Get over it. America would be far less divided if we learned to tolerate each other's views and choices. If you don't get your cake, go find someone else to make one for you. But if you're the baker, think long and hard before saying no.

If someone has an opinion you don't like, accept that reality and move on. Nobody has to be just like you. If someone has their faith to uphold, accept that reality and move on. You don't get to force your values on others. The tolerance road runs both ways. I was in church earlier, and we were discussing on different ways to turn the other cheek. Too many willing to deal the backhand and not many willing to take it. Tolerance isn't unique to one person or another, it's capable of being exercised by everyone. However, if you have no tolerance of someone's beliefs or choices to the point where you are driven to use our legal system to purge them from our society, you in turn deserve no tolerance.

TOLERANCE?!?!?!?!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL ME I SHOULD BE TOLERANT, YOU FUCKING ASS HOLE?

/sarc

The previous comment is brought to you by Black Lies Matter

Shit. This again?

You have to know this by now. You've been down this road a dozen times and never reached your destination. When will you learn?

You just demand tolerance for your corruption, perversion and treason, thats all.

And I tolerate you. Plus, I am a gamer, and have played in LGBT friendly guilds with a number of trans and gay members. I've known one of them since 2011. I am likely and by far more tolerant than any liberal here claiming to champion tolerance who in turn fail to exercise it.

But understand that my "tolerance" doesn't mean I have to like or agree with you or what you believe in. Let's not cast stones in glass houses, okay?

Last edited:
Shit. This again?

You just demand tolerance for your corruption, perversion and treason, thats all.

Derrrrrrr.....OOOOOTAAAYYY, Panky!

And I tolerate you. Plus, I am a gamer, and have played in LGBT friendly guilds with a number of trans and gay members. I've known one of them since 2011. I am likely and by far more tolerant than any liberal here claiming to champion tolerance who in turn fail to exercise it.

But understand that my "tolerance" doesn't mean I have to like or agree with you or what you believe in. Let's not cast stones in glass houses, okay?
We all tolerate your rants. Take it easy.

What do I have to learn from a malcontent like you? How do be a worthless forum troll? Nah, nothing so childish.

I already am at my destination. I decided a long time ago that intolerance is not good for my health.

Don't patronize me.

"We all tolerate your rants." Not likely. Since your first comment to me was "if anyone needs tolerance, it's you."

What do I have to learn from a malcontent like you? How do be a worthless forum troll? Nah, nothing so childish.

I already am at my destination. I decided a long time ago that intolerance is not good for my health.

You use words that you don't comprehend.

You have....once again.....started a thread tha begs others to tolerate the fact that you don't want to tolerate gay people. Shall I go back and post links to a dozen threads of yours JUST like this one?

Please....learn. You are on the wrong side of this issue. Still.

Don't patronize me.

"We all tolerate your rants." Not likely. Since your first comment to me was "if anyone needs tolerance, it's you."

Why do you make silly demands like that? You will be patronized. You ought to appreciate that anyone gives you even that much play.

Don't patronize me.

Liberals are like greased pigs; slippery when wet, always running all around like they dont know what the fuck they are doing and all they ever contribute to the world around them is shit....nothing but shit.

Don't patronize me.

Liberals are like greased pigs; slippery when wet, always running all around like they dont know what the fuck they are doing and all they ever contribute to the world around them is shit....nothing but shit.
Wow. You're really tolerant.

Forum List

Back