State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because I was in lindergarten.

Why such ignorance? Do you not understand the way our laws work and the reason why they exist? Are you advocating for Americans to discriminate against gay people?

I'm not advocating it, but the freedom to associate also means the freedom to no associate for whatever reason you deem appropriate.

That applies to your personal life, yes. Not with your business practice. Not for "whatever" reason. Nope.

That's your opinion, which has no basis in logic whatsoever. It's purely a personal whim. You can't give a legitimate reason for forcing people to associate with people they don't want to have anything to do with. The notion appears noxious the minute it's stated. So how do you justify it?

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Your avatar is so fitting, you angry little man.
His avie is prominently displayed in a gay bar in Palm Springs.

Congratulations for making the connection we've all been waiting for. :clap:

Oh, you mean between gays and pedophiles? I'm not the one to make the connection. I just note it when I observe it.
Of course you're not the one making the connection.........:eusa_whistle:

So do pedophiles have a right to be served or not?
Pedophiles are criminals. It is disturbing that you don't seem to grasp that.
Not after they have served their time. They are citizens, just like queers.
You keep thinking that.

Oh, you mean between gays and pedophiles? I'm not the one to make the connection. I just note it when I observe it.

You keep thinking that.
They aren't citizens?

Why such ignorance? Do you not understand the way our laws work and the reason why they exist? Are you advocating for Americans to discriminate against gay people?

I'm not advocating it, but the freedom to associate also means the freedom to no associate for whatever reason you deem appropriate.

That applies to your personal life, yes. Not with your business practice. Not for "whatever" reason. Nope.

That's your opinion, which has no basis in logic whatsoever. It's purely a personal whim. You can't give a legitimate reason for forcing people to associate with people they don't want to have anything to do with. The notion appears noxious the minute it's stated. So how do you justify it?

Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Your avatar is so fitting, you angry little man.

So I must be a closet homosexual? Is that what you're implying?

The first thing a queer does when debating a homosexual issue is accuse her opponent of being gay.

You keep thinking that.
They aren't citizens?
They are criminals. Show me where businesses are required to serve criminals. Or.....perhaps you don't think pedophiles are criminals?

The first thing a queer does when debating a homosexual issue is accuse her opponent of being gay.
Oh no. I'm not implying you are a closet gay in the least.

You keep thinking that.
They aren't citizens?
They are criminals. Show me where businesses are required to serve criminals. Or.....perhaps you don't think pedophiles are criminals?

So if someone robs a liquor store, serves a 5 year sentence, you think any business should be free to not serve him?

Let's use a clearer example. What if someone is a Nazi. Should a Jewish baker be forced to sell him a chocolate cake?

And I'm not implying that you're a lying sanctimonious militant queer.

I'm sure you aren't.....and as I said....I'm not implying you are a closet gay in the least.

I'm sure you aren't.....and as I said....I'm not implying you are a closet gay in the least.

And I'm not implying you are the world's biggest dingbat. Honest!

You keep thinking that.
They aren't citizens?

So if someone robs a liquor store, serves a 5 year sentence, you think any business should be free to not serve him?

Let's use a clearer example. What if someone is a Nazi. Should a Jewish baker be forced to sell him a chocolate cake?

How would you know and why would you care? If they want your product and are willing to pay you for it, that is all that should matter. Whatever they do on their time outside of your store, is not your business.

You keep thinking that.
They aren't citizens?

How would you know and why would you care? If they want your product and are willing to pay you for it, that is all that should matter. Whatever they do on their time outside of your store, is not your business.
bodecea thinks businesses should be free to discriminate against pedophiles.

If you're a Nazi, word gets out, especially if you go around sporting swastikas.

Shy should how you run your business be anyone else's business?

State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Oregon Bakers

Nope no harm done to you if you disagree with homosexuality and won't bend to their will. None at all. Just lose your business,money,freedom,house,cars etc etc etc. Great thing about the internet is it NEVER loses its memory so when time comes it will be fairly simple to find the scum who destroyed this nation and get revenge.

Over a cake? Really? $135K? And this state is going to continue this stupidity? You can kiss this place goodbye...

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
Let me ask you...what are you ACTIVELY doing to get PA laws off the books? Because there IS a way. You can vote for those who promise to repeal such laws. You can run yourself for office. You can petition. You can help fund organizations who lobby to get such laws repealed. You can start such an organization if you wish. All those avenues are open to you.

Trying to change minds
Well, it ain't workin'. Your position is one of hatred. Give it up,

The only hate here is from your side.
Why is it that you consider it hateful to be against unlawful business discrimination?

Begging the question

Sure they do. Try to say you won't serve Christians or Jews. Try it. Make a public announcement on Twitter and FB.

So LGBT is a church then?
LGBT are minorities, and here minorities are protected from the whims of the majority. Now you know.

bakers who don't want to work gay weddings are a minority as well.
What baker was asked to "work" a gay wedding?

That's a clown question, bro-ette. What possible logical sequence did that make to what he said?

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
Let me ask you...what are you ACTIVELY doing to get PA laws off the books? Because there IS a way. You can vote for those who promise to repeal such laws. You can run yourself for office. You can petition. You can help fund organizations who lobby to get such laws repealed. You can start such an organization if you wish. All those avenues are open to you.

Trying to change minds
It IS the American way to affect change, you know.

No shit
So...if you are unhappy with PA laws in your state, what are you actively doing to affect change?

I already answered that like a hundred times. Do you clowns have any long term memory at all?

Trying to change minds
Well, it ain't workin'. Your position is one of hatred. Give it up,

The only hate here is from your side.
Why is it that you consider it hateful to be against unlawful business discrimination?

Keep hiding behind that crap to cover for your hatred of anyone who disagrees with you, or disapproves of your lifestyle.
I don't hate people. I am sad to see someone so unable to meet their obligations they signed up for when getting a business license. I am sad to see someone so weak in character that they have to post the name of their rejected customers on Facebook in order to deflect from their breaking the law. I am sad to see my fellow Americans willing to sit on their couches and complain about PA laws....but not care enough about their "cause" to actually do anything about it as American citizens.

That's classic. Do you clowns know anything? All a business license says is you're paying a local tax, it don't mean nothing at all.

And I am sad to see someone who lives in a free country want government to oppress it's people and force them to do it's bidding when they have been convicted of no crime. You people are clowns, for sure, you got that one thing right

Where in the constitution does it state you lose your rights when you open a business?
Where does it state that you can lose your right to own a gun if you're a criminal? Same place...

Nope, it doesn't say you lose your rights because you own business.
You don't. But you do not have the right to break the law claiming religious freedom.

Tell us, boys, when are going to start living in the real world and accept PA laws and the need for them?

The real world isn't the one where you have a right to be served. There is no such right.
So, the United States is not part of the real,world? Because in every state the law does require that you be served in any public accommodation regardless of race, etc.

So...your objection is that the couple actually exercised their right under the law to complain to the authorities.
What they do is up to them, I really don't care enough about this to object.

What I'm curious about is what the goal is. If it's to punish, that their call (although it's not what I would do).

If their goal is to improve relations between gays and those have some kind of problem with them, well, that's obviously not the goal.
The punishment was not the couple's call.
Oh, so all they wanted was the bakers to get a real stern talking-to, huh?

Come on. Look at all the happiness with the fine here. Not a chance.
Initially, that were not seeking damages. After the bakery published their names and contact information and the "values voters" began harassing them, they probably changed their tune.
It's not their call tho.....this wasn't ever a lawsuit. It's strictly been the state fining the bakery.
There was an administrative complaint and the money awarded was not a fine, they were damages payable to the couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back