State of the Union 2016

Did I hear Obama take credit for a low gasoline price?

Texas oil now trading below $30 a barrel for the first time in 12 years.
Over 70,000 Americans have lost their jobs this last year in the oil industry.

None of which has anything to do with the El Presidente, OPEC is flooding the global market in an attempt to squeeze the ascendant American Producers and other non-OPEC suppliers in an effort to defend their market share (and it's working), that coupled with flat global demand is what is causing oil prices to fall, simple supply and demand.

It appears that the fall in prices will continue until 3Q 2016 and possibly even longer as extra Iranian oil starts hitting the market.

The mask is coming off for the final SOTU speech. He can't hide it anymore. Nothing to lose at this point, let it all hang out, invite terrorists to attend your farewell "fuck you" speech to the Great Satan. What does he have to lose?

I wish he would just tell the GOP fuck you. You know he wants to, and most of us would love to hear it.

Define 'us'

-Geaux

Sane people/non teapeople

Did anyone else expect at any time the doors to open and mass numbers of armed terrorists would come in & round everyone up, while O so eloquently explained the 'new rules' for his vision of a new America? Or was that just me?

I doubt that you were alone, there's plenty of lefty loons out there, smoking dope and living in fantasy land...:itsok:

btw. Welcome to the USMB, I like you around already..:woohoo:

(I have a feeling you'll be easily accepted into the herd)

Thanks, it's a tough crowd around here though. For the record, I'm neither left or right. I'm for the one that I think can lead this country with a level head & common sense no matter what side of the aisle. Unfortunately I'm not seeing a stand out. I don't live in a fantasy land, nor smoke dope anymore. I refuse to answer on the grounds of self incrimination of any illegal activities of my youth. But with O's connections in question.....ya just never know.

January 13, 2016
Study: 93% of US counties have not recovered from recession

By Rick Moran

In his State of the Union address, the president bragged about how well the economy is doing, saying, "The United States of America, right now, has the strongest, most durable economy in the world."

Oh, really?

A study by the National Association of Counties has found that of the 3,069 counties in the US, 93% still have not recovered from the Great Recession. Only 214 counties have seen their economies return to pre-recession levels.
Wall Street Journal:

This is not an "uneven" recovery. This is a non-recovery. Livingston County, Ill., where I live, has an "official" unemployment rate of 6%. That is hilariously wrong. The actual rate is almost double that figure, as many of the unemployed have simply given up looking for work or are working two or more part-time jobs. Economic activity in my small town of Streator is at a near standstill. In the six years I've lived here, several retail outlets – including K-Mart – have closed, while there is already talk that the Walmart Super Store that opened four years ago may be shuttered.

A major employer – St. Mary's Hospital and Trauma Center – has virtually closed, at a cost of about 500 jobs. Several factories that employed about 1,500 workers have gone bankrupt or moved on in the last six years.

The president complains that the economic naysayers refuse to take into account job growth and other measures of success. As studies like this show, it is the president who lives in a dream world while the rest of us toil away, barely getting by.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/01/study_93_of_us_counties_have_not_recovered_from_recession.html#ixzz3x9BTNupt
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Forum List

Back