Stacey Abrams group donates $1.34M to wipe out medical debts

I negotiated my deductible from my hernia surgery last year. No 1099.
That's not the same thing. That's a negotiated settlement. If you ever got a debt collection letter, it is quite clearly spelled out. When you buy something on sale you don't get a 1099 either.

That's not the same thing. That's a negotiated settlement. If you ever got a debt collection letter, it is quite clearly spelled out. When you buy something on sale you don't get a 1099 either.

All insurance is the same. They pay my bill on my behalf.

A politician racks up millions and a PAC comes along, gathers money and pays off his debt. No 1099.

Rush Limbaugh? He promoted the fund called "Tunnels to Towers" that paid the mortgages of heroes who died in the line of duty. It's likely that Abrams took a page from the successful T. to T. to create her charitable agency and that's fine but why attack Rush's memory? Do lefties need a daily dose of hatred every day to make a point??

And yet Abrams for being bashed for wanting to help people.

My co-workers now husband was fired from a job for missing too many days, then he ended up in the ER and they found he has Crohn's and almost died. He spent 5 days in the ICU without insurance. His medical bill was more than some people make in a lifetime. And the follow on treatment for Crohn's is damn expensive and he had trouble getting it due to his massive unpaid hospital bill.

They did not even get married for years due to his bad credit and she did not want it messing up hers.

The idea that people only have medical debt due to their own fault is a sick joke
Hospitals will always negotiate a bill for the uninsured. Then there are state and federal agencies that will pick up the tab. My dad had a massive stroke, no insurance. He was taken to San Pedro and Peninsula hospital. A state social worker has a permanent office in the hospital. The minute intake flagged no insurance the social worker stepped in. My partner was on the transplant list to get a new liver. All medical care is taken over by the transplant team and paid for by more than a dozen private charities. Bet you there are Crohn's charities just anxious to write a check.

All insurance is the same. They pay my bill on my behalf.

A politician racks up millions and a PAC comes along, gathers money and pays off his debt. No 1099.
Insurance pays the bill as part of your contract.
When Oprah Winfrey gave her audience a new car each, she was shocked to find that they had to pay taxes on the value of the cars.

Politicians never rack up bills in their own names. It's the campaign. You are stretching.

Insurance pays the bill as part of your contract.
When Oprah Winfrey gave her audience a new car each, she was shocked to find that they had to pay taxes on the value of the cars.

Politicians never rack up bills in their own names. It's the campaign. You are stretching.

You've made accusations. That is all. Thousands of people get health care at no cost every year. No 1099.

You've made accusations. That is all. Thousands of people get health care at no cost every year. No 1099.
Of course they do. In cases where debt is sold, and resold, the amount discounted is unrealized income. It doesn't have to be medical debt. It could be credit card debt.

Of course they do. In cases where debt is sold, and resold, the amount discounted is unrealized income. It doesn't have to be medical debt. It could be credit card debt.

All those kids being treated by Shriners money gets a 1099?

All those kids being treated by Shriners money gets a 1099?
No. The Shriner's kids never agreed to pay anything. It's a charity. There is no debt. Not even a bill.. You want to be a deliberate dolt don't you.

No. The Shriner's kids never agreed to pay anything. It's a charity. There is no debt. Not even a bill.. You want to be a deliberate dolt don't you.

You continue to make claims with no verification........what exactly else do you expect me to do?

Hospitals will always negotiate a bill for the uninsured. Then there are state and federal agencies that will pick up the tab. My dad had a massive stroke, no insurance. He was taken to San Pedro and Peninsula hospital. A state social worker has a permanent office in the hospital. The minute intake flagged no insurance the social worker stepped in. My partner was on the transplant list to get a new liver. All medical care is taken over by the transplant team and paid for by more than a dozen private charities. Bet you there are Crohn's charities just anxious to write a check.
Hospitals often overcharge insurance companies to make up for losses form non-paying patients. People that pay cash usually can negotiate a much lower (and real) price.

One can not read something that does not exist. If it did you would have posted it.
Good for you.
Rush Limbaugh? He promoted the fund called "Tunnels to Towers" that paid the mortgages of heroes who died in the line of duty. It's likely that Abrams took a page from the successful T. to T. to create her charitable agency and that's fine but why attack Rush's memory? Do lefties need a daily dose of hatred every day to make a point??
If communist democrats get to tax unrealized income on capital gains do you really think those families will get to keep those homes?

Good for you.
If communist democrats get to tax unrealized income on capital gains do you really think those families will get to keep those homes?
I never thought of that. If Bidenistas treat T/T paid mortgages as capital gains those people are still in trouble. I hope T/T has a legal way around it.

Forum List

Back