Squid!

all in all, i'd rather be a master chief. all the power, none of the bullshit.

What an intelligent guy. I could have been an Ensign in the Medical Service Corps but I turned it down. I was an HM1 and selected for HMC and I wanted to be a CPO like my father was. As a matter of fact, the first anchors I ever wore were a pair of his old ones! They are the ones I had the CO pin on. The only thing higher in rate than a Master Chief is Jesus himself...

• Thanks
Reactions: del

What an intelligent guy. I could have been an Ensign in the Medical Service Corps but I turned it down. I was an HM1 and selected for HMC and I wanted to be a CPO like my father was. As a matter of fact, the first anchors I ever wore were a pair of his old ones! They are the ones I had the CO pin on. The only thing higher in rate than a Master Chief is Jesus himself...

i know, i retired as an O-4 (USNR).
some of em even let me think i knew what i was doing......

Or Gunny ....:eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
del-oduck

Donald_Duck_sailor.jpg

that's what I wanted to name our first child----until the bastard dumped me.

Thought your post was about a term of endearment known only by sailors... I have a squid story for you. Once, long time ago when I was in the Navy my ship pulled into Naples, Italy. Some shipmates and myself went up into the "gut" area of Naples and got rip roaring drunk while roaming around in the back allies. It got to be dark and we were still quite snockered and we happened upon this old lady who had a big black cauldren with a fire built under it right in the middle of the alley. She motioned us over and showed us the big squid she was cooking up in the pot. We stood around until she said it was done and we helped her eat it. Tasted pretty good while I was drunk. Next day I wish this was oneof those stories I wasn't involved in... You live and you learn...

What a terrible way for del to end up.

Or Gunny ....

Before I joined the Navy I talked to the Marine recruiter. They wouldn't let me join the Corps because of two reasons:

(1) I could read and write.
(2) I knew the names of both parents.

Forum List

Back