Spike Lee to boycott Oscars. No mention of boycotting NBA

Our useless controlled media won't ask him about that. Why do we need racial quotas in the movie biz but not in pro sports??

Spike Lee Boycotts Oscars, Compares Himself to Martin Luther King, Jr.

jan 18 2016 Spike Lee will boycott this year’s Academy Awards after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences nominated exclusively white actors in top categories for a second consecutive year.

In an Instagram post Monday morning, the Chi-Raq director said he meant “no disrespect” toward ceremony host Chris Rock and Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs, but felt compelled to act after seeing this year’s nominations.

“How is it possible for the second consecutive year all 20 contenders under the acting category are white?” Lee wrote in a lengthy post. “And let’s not even get into the other branches. Forty white actors in two years and flava at all. We can’t act?! WTF!!”
I missed where he asked for quotas?

They're bitching about not enough blacks....not just in the Oscars but all sorts of places. So....how many is enough?
I didnt ask about all that. I asked where quotas were asked for. They shouldnt be bitching. I dont know why they actually think a system set up to glorify white people would recognize Black people. They should have realized that white people as a group only give lip service to the idea. I say Black people should focus on our award shows and stop trying to solicit recognition from white people. The irony of Denzel Washington finally getting an award only after portraying a villain in Training Day should have been enough proof that whites in general dont care for Black actors unless they are fulfilling a stereotype.
Good guys don't win Oscars. Good guys aren't memorable.

Blacks should just concentrate on their own awards where no one else is allowed. Or, just set up black categories in the Oscars. Best black actor since they aren't capable of honest competition.
I like having our own awards. I boycott the Oscars every year because I put more emphasis on the BET awards. I dont even know most of the white actors except the really good ones. Its weird to me that Black people would think white film makers and producers would recognize the scores of incredibly great Black actors when most of their money comes from white audiences.

What do you mean by....... black actors are not capable of honest competition?

Blacks don't want fair competition outside of pro sports. In everything else they demand quotas and affirmative action. They know they are mentally inferior.

Blacks don't want fair competition outside of pro sports. In everything else they demand quotas and affirmative action. They know they are mentally inferior.
Whites must know that whites are mentally and physically inferior. They did their best to keep Blacks out of sports and the rest of the job market for centuries.

Last edited:
Look man.....in general God created blacks with many having somewhat better athletic ability in the fast twitch muscle sports like football, basketball, track, etc.

But all the races were created equally by God in all other physical and mental abilities. He just decided he'd make blacks on average somewhat better at fast twitch sports.

That's what the media tells us anyway. There are physical differences between blacks and whites/asians but mentally we're all the same!!! Even though all the evidence says blacks are mentally inferior.

Mentally inferior to who? Certainly not yourself. Just look at your idiotic avatar.

Our useless controlled media won't ask him about that. Why do we need racial quotas in the movie biz but not in pro sports??

They're bitching about not enough blacks....not just in the Oscars but all sorts of places. So....how many is enough?
I didnt ask about all that. I asked where quotas were asked for. They shouldnt be bitching. I dont know why they actually think a system set up to glorify white people would recognize Black people. They should have realized that white people as a group only give lip service to the idea. I say Black people should focus on our award shows and stop trying to solicit recognition from white people. The irony of Denzel Washington finally getting an award only after portraying a villain in Training Day should have been enough proof that whites in general dont care for Black actors unless they are fulfilling a stereotype.

Blacks should just concentrate on their own awards where no one else is allowed. Or, just set up black categories in the Oscars. Best black actor since they aren't capable of honest competition.
I like having our own awards. I boycott the Oscars every year because I put more emphasis on the BET awards. I dont even know most of the white actors except the really good ones. Its weird to me that Black people would think white film makers and producers would recognize the scores of incredibly great Black actors when most of their money comes from white audiences.
Nah, the truth is you know 10 times as many white actors. I know lying comes naturally to you, but you should avoid telling obvious lies. Most of your favorite movies are made by white people too. Quit being a lying cave monkey.

Nah, the truth is you know 10 times as many white actors. I know lying comes naturally to you, but you should avoid telling obvious lies. Most of your favorite movies are made by white people too. Quit being a lying cave monkey.
Nah. I know Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hanks, and a few others but I rarely watch white cave monkey actors unless they are in Black movies. My favorite movies of all time are Boyz In the Hood, Deja Vu, and my absolute favorite is Man On Fire. I think Deja Vu and Man On Fire are made by a white guy but Denzel is Black and the main character.

jan 18 2016 Spike Lee will boycott this year’s Academy Awards after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences nominated exclusively white actors in top categories for a second consecutive year.

In an Instagram post Monday morning, the Chi-Raq director said he meant “no disrespect” toward ceremony host Chris Rock and Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs, but felt compelled to act after seeing this year’s nominations.

“How is it possible for the second consecutive year all 20 contenders under the acting category are white?” Lee wrote in a lengthy post. “And let’s not even get into the other branches. Forty white actors in two years and flava at all. We can’t act?! WTF!!”

Wonder if he even considered that no black actor or actress gave an academy level performance in 2015??

Nope. Guess that never crossed his mind.

Wonder if he even considered that no black actor or actress gave an academy level performance in 2015??

Nope. Guess that never crossed his mind.
Why would he consider that when that is not true?

Well if it weren't true that actor or actress would be up for an Oscar.
Thats dumb. It was all white people voting. Why would you think a white person would think the role of a Black person was oscar worthy?

Oh bullshit.

There have been many black actors and actresses who's received Oscars.

Speaking of dumb.
Thats an intelligent answer...not. We are just 50 years removed from civil rights and in the midst of a desperate white attempt to remain relevant. There have been plenty of roles played by Black actors that should have gotten an oscar but since whites control who wins then it makes sense they dont award them to Black people as much as they award them to white people. That would be like me thinking pig wrestling was more entertaining than say basketball. Since I am Black I wont think pig wrestling is more entertaining. Wake me when the voters are all Black and then you might have a point.

Thats dumb. It was all white people voting. Why would you think a white person would think the role of a Black person was oscar worthy?

Oh bullshit.

Speaking of dumb.
Thats an intelligent answer...not. We are just 50 years removed from civil rights and in the midst of a desperate white attempt to remain relevant. There have been plenty of roles played by Black actors that should have gotten an oscar but since whites control who wins then it makes sense they dont award them to Black people as much as they award them to white people. That would be like me thinking pig wrestling was more entertaining than say basketball. Since I am Black I wont think pig wrestling is more entertaining. Wake me when the voters are all Black and then you might have a point.

Bullshit. Pedal your racist crap somewhere else.

Oh bullshit.

Speaking of dumb.

Actually you were the racist one when you said no Black actors gave oscar performances. I just agreed you whites would really think that because you are racists.

Oh bullshit.

Speaking of dumb.

Actually you were the racist one when you said no Black actors gave oscar performances. I just agreed you whites would really think that because you are racists.
Don't be mad at us that your community didn't produce anything Oscar worthy. You guys need to learn how to get things based on merit. Don't worry though, we will hand you fuckloads of nominations next year. Not because you deserve it, but because you need to be coddled like children.

Just wait and see.... we will drown you with pity awards in 2016.

Oh bullshit.

Speaking of dumb.

Don't be mad at us that your community didn't produce anything Oscar worthy. You guys need to learn how to get things based on merit. Don't worry though, we will hand you fuckloads of nominations next year. Not because you deserve it, but because you need to be coddled like children.

Doesnt really matter to me. I still wont be watching the oscars so stop whining cave monkey.

Oh bullshit.

Speaking of dumb.

Bullshit.... Movie Concussion was an excellent performance by Wil Smith. Fassbender and Cranston rated tomato popo but got the nomination.
Last year 2015 Selma was a good movie but no blacks actors nominated. Oscar committee are consist of 98% whites mostly old men.
I'm not black. They don't need a pity they are just asking what is fair not this bullshit that you are parading.

Oh bullshit.

Speaking of dumb.

Bullshit.... Movie Concussion was an excellent performance by Wil Smith. Fassbender and Cranston rated tomato popo but got the nomination.
Last year 2015 Selma was a good movie but no blacks actors nominated. Oscar committee are consist of 98% whites mostly old men.
I'm not black. They don't need a pity they are just asking what is fair not this bullshit that you are parading.
I didnt see concussion, but I heard a lot of complaints about will smith's accent in it. You cant get an oscar without at least nailing the accent of the character you're playing. Selma wasn't that great last year, so no surprise there.

This year, straight outa compton was good, but not quite oscar worthy. Creed was good, but not oscar worthy, not even for best supporting actor, even though stalone did a good job.

Revenant was my pick for best picture/best actor before I knew it was even considered.

Forum List

Back