Soviet-born author: Lenin stole Xmas from the people/Jacobin begs to differ: This Xmas, Radical Christianity+Marxism Inspires Us to build better world

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Marxism was animated by a critical Christian spirit, bringing a “hope” for the future in secularized form. Such radical hope is precisely what is denied by “capitalist realism,” which insists that the present economic and political order must carry on forever. But it can also be rekindled whenever, in the words of the Gospel of Matthew, “the wretched of the earth learn that God is on their side.”

• Banned
Fk0qmLhWAAEc0fP

Marxism was animated by a critical Christian spirit, bringing a “hope” for the future in secularized form. Such radical hope is precisely what is denied by “capitalist realism,” which insists that the present economic and political order must carry on forever. But it can also be rekindled whenever, in the words of the Gospel of Matthew, “the wretched of the earth learn that God is on their side.”

In what country is Christmas NOT secularized nowadays?

It's all about ornaments, food, time with family and exchanging gifts. Rarely about religion. Russians have always done all that by celebrating New Year's.

Last edited:
My brother front-ended a glass-blowing operation ... strictly Christmas sales ... it would take them folk maybe six months working ... and six months partying ... it was an easy lifestyle in rural San Diego County ... without Christmas, they'd have to get regular jobs ... my brother loaded up a truckfull on Saturday in the Fall and sold the stuff at the local flea market ...

Then my brother woke up one morning on some deserted Mexican beach with a pregnant girl in his arms ... instant family man so he got a regular job ...

Forum List

Back