Southerners: Happy Robert E. Lee & Confederate Heroes Day

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Since I was born in the South, I'm not black, I'm not a government employee, and I celebrate MLK Day as little as I'd expect black folks to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I'd like to extend a hearty happy Robert E. Lee Day, a happy Lee/Jackson Day, and a happy Confederate Heroes Day to all you Southerners, as well as anyone else who values their independence. This has nothing to do with white/black/whatever, it's a "Southern" thing. It's "Heritage", not "Hate" and if you have a problem with that, you obviously know nothing of the pride that comes with being born in the South.

"Robert E. Lee Day, also called Lee's Birthday, is a public holiday commemorating the birth of Robert E. Lee, observed each year on the third Monday in January.[1] Because Lee was General in Chief of the Armies of the Confederate States, it is mainly observed in the U.S. South,[2] particularly Alabama[3] and Mississippi.[4][5]"

Robert E. Lee Day - Wikipedia
"Lee–Jackson Day is a holiday celebrated in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the U.S., for the birthdays of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.[1] The original holiday, created in 1889, celebrated Lee's birthday. Jackson's name was added to the holiday in 1904.
"

In 1983, the holiday was merged with the new Federal holiday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, as Lee–Jackson–King Day in Virginia. This merger was reversed in 2000.[citation needed]

Lee–Jackson Day is currently observed on the Friday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is the third Monday in January. Typical events include a wreath-laying ceremony with military honors, a Civil War themed parade, symposia, and a gala ball.[2] State offices are closed for both holidays.[3]"

Lee–Jackson Day - Wikipedia

"Confederate Heroes’ Day commemorates those who died fighting for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. An official state holiday in Texas, Confederate Heroes’ Day has fallen annually on January 19—the birthday of Robert E. Lee—since its approval on January 30, 1931."

The Sons of Confederate Veterans and the United Daughters of the Confederacy sponsor the annual celebration of the holiday, which includes parades, reenactments in honor of past Confederate heroes, and other events."

Confederate Heroes’ Day: Texas

Last edited:
Since I was born in the South, I'm not black, I'm not a government employee, and I celebrate MLK Day as little as I'd expect black folks to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I'd like to extend a hearty happy Robert E. Lee Day, a happy Lee/Jackson Day, and a happy Confederate Heroes Day to all you Southerners, as well as anyone else who values their independence. This has nothing to do with white/black/whatever, it's a "Southern" thing. It's "Heritage", not "Hate" and if you have a problem with that, you obviously know nothing of the pride that comes with being born in the South.

"Robert E. Lee Day, also called Lee's Birthday, is a public holiday commemorating the birth of Robert E. Lee, observed each year on the third Monday in January.[1] Because Lee was General in Chief of the Armies of the Confederate States, it is mainly observed in the U.S. South,[2] particularly Alabama[3] and Mississippi.[4][5]"

"Lee–Jackson Day is a holiday celebrated in the Commonwealth of Virginia in the U.S., for the birthdays of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson.[1] The original holiday, created in 1889, celebrated Lee's birthday. Jackson's name was added to the holiday in 1904.
"

In 1983, the holiday was merged with the new Federal holiday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, as Lee–Jackson–King Day in Virginia. This merger was reversed in 2000.[citation needed]

Lee–Jackson Day is currently observed on the Friday before Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, which is the third Monday in January. Typical events include a wreath-laying ceremony with military honors, a Civil War themed parade, symposia, and a gala ball.[2] State offices are closed for both holidays.[3]"

"Confederate Heroes’ Day commemorates those who died fighting for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. An official state holiday in Texas, Confederate Heroes’ Day has fallen annually on January 19—the birthday of Robert E. Lee—since its approval on January 30, 1931.
"

The Sons of Confederate Veterans and the United Daughters of the Confederacy sponsor the annual celebration of the holiday, which includes parades, reenactments in honor of past Confederate heroes, and other events."

But isn't this just Happy White Flag Day in reality? Robert E Lee, now HE knew how to surrender ah do d'clare!

Years ago I rode with my mother and older brother to the local highway department so that my older brother could take his driving test and get his driver’s license. The highway department was closed because of Robert E. Lee’s birthday. This was in the late 70s in SC. It’s no longer a holiday in SC.

they should have hung his sorry, racist ass when they had the chance.

Nevertheless, there are parades going on all over the South today. If I were down there today, I'd be digging out my Confederate re-enactor's uniform and musket, and would be joining them. But I will post some fine pictures of some repro Civil-War era firearms I own..

A pimped-out repro .44 Colt..

colt1.jpg

Another repro Colt...

cw%20stuff3.jpg

The Lorenz musket is an authentic rifle used by the South. It was made in Austria

lorenz1.jpg

Another Civil War era 58 caliber musket..

musket1.jpg

A repro Bowie knife..

musso1.jpg

A repro remington Zouave .58 caliber rifle..

rem%20zouave1.jpg

Last edited:

Nevertheless, there are parades going on all over the South today. If I were down there today, I'd be digging out my Confederate re-enactor's uniform and musket, and would be joining them.
There are events all over the United States. You don’t have to be down south. Go ahead and get your uniform and musket and go, and let us know how it works out for you.

Nevertheless, there are parades going on all over the South today. If I were down there today, I'd be digging out my Confederate re-enactor's uniform and musket, and would be joining them.

. . .with the rest of the assholes.

There are events all over the United States. You don’t have to be down south. Go ahead and get your uniform and musket and go, and let us know how it works out for you.

It's freezing-ass cold here. But I do wear them and march in the parade on Memorial Day, plus attend two Civil War re-enactments way up here in the North. :biggrin:

"

"Confederate Heroes’ Day commemorates those who died fighting for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. An official state holiday in Texas, Confederate Heroes’ Day has fallen annually on January 19—the birthday of Robert E. Lee—since its approval on January 30, 1931."

I'm not a southern, but thank you anyway.

"

No matter, it's the spirit that counts. I see quite a few stars & bars flags flown from people's front yards and houses way up here in Wisconsin.

"

No matter, it's the spirit that counts. I see quite a few stars & bars flags flown from people's front yards and houses way up here in Wisconsin.
no one claimed stupidity was regional

"

And on and on they go, "honoring" traitors, who took up arms against the United States of America. Lee & Company got off easy; their sorry asses should have been hung for treason!

"

Sadly most Americans have no understanding of what the War of Northern Aggression was about. They are stuck on stupid...meaning stuck on slavery. Statism rules the day.

How can a murderous tyrannical asshole like Dishonest Abe, be considered a great president?

"

Sadly most Americans have no understanding of what the War of Northern Aggression was about. They are stuck on stupid...meaning stuck on slavery. Statism rules the day.

How can a murderous tyrannical asshole like Dishonest Abe, be considered a great president?

are you seriously claiming that the southern traitors weren't fighting to keep their slaves?

lol

talk about stuck on stupid.....

here, rufus, edumicate yourself

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States | Civil War Trust

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia

"

And on and on they go, "honoring" traitors, who took up arms against the United States of America. Lee & Company got off easy; their sorry asses should have been hung for treason!

Wrong. Secession was not illegal..

"The 10th Amendment: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." The power to secede was not granted to the Federal government. Therefore...it is reserved for the States..."

Was the secession of the Confederate states illegal?
https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/2056/was-the-secession-of-the-confederate-states-illegal

"

Leave it to the Red South to celebrate losers.

"

are you seriously claiming that the southern traitors weren't fighting to keep their slaves?

lol

talk about stuck on stupid.....

here, rufus, edumicate yourself

The Declaration of Causes of Seceding States | Civil War Trust

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia
Good God does the stupidity ever end?

Slavery ended EVERYWHERE in the FUCKING West, without war...except for you know who. Has your small deluded statist brain ever asked why?

"Martin Luther King Jr. was so awesome. I love him. If only black people these days weren't so uppity, if he were alive he'd be ashamed. If only black people today listened to MLK. Did you know he was a Republican? . . . also, he was a communist spy and whoremonger who should have been tried for treason . . . he doesn't deserve a holiday, let's celebrate a man who fought a war against this country instead."

Forum List

Back