Southern Strategy

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Jun 4, 2011
JAkey Fakey, come out an play....so lets have a thread on this so it doesnt get lost in other conversations.....

Wrong man, I have studied it.....lets look at them shall we?

United States presidential election, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

without the south
Nixon-247
Muiskie 191
Wallace-100

ooh close.....very close, but still a win for team Nixon...

United States presidential election, 1972 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EVERYONE voted for Nixon, even Hawaii, MA, NY, CA, and the south! Sp if Nixon lost the south he would have only had hmmmm....lets see

Nixon---403
crazyman-124

Wow.....so it wasnt neccessary.....
United States presidential election, 1976 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hmm the south voted for Carter...AFTER the southern strategy? how can this be?

United States presidential election, 1980 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reagan- amillion
Carter-not close

seriously it wouldnt have mattered until lik 1988 maybe?

United States presidential election, 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinton split the south....hmmmm how is this???

United States presidential election, 1996 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well he lost a few there, but still those dam Arkansas an west virginia...hmmmmmm

The point is the south is more republican NOW.......for a variety of factors, but the US presidential elections are your very best evidence......and it's not that great

then you get to sentaors, congress, state elections and local elections and it was a very very long time after....so why is that?????

and we know the senators didnt switch parties......and their seats remained in democrat hands.....in fact I'll post it for you again...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LqPedoxSk"]Revealing the Truth about the Democratic Party Part 2: The Parties Switched - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3LqPedoxSk"]Revealing the Truth about the Democratic Party Part 2: The Parties Switched - YouTube[/ame]​

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political scientists Richard Johnston (University of Pennsylvania) and Byron Shafer (University of Wisconsin) have argued that this phenomenon had more to do with the economics than it had to do with race. In The End of Southern Exceptionalism, Johnston and Shafer wrote that the Republicans' gains in the South corresponded to the growth of the upper middle class in that region. They suggested that such individuals believed their economic interests were better served by the Republicans than the Democrats. According to Johnston and Shafer, working-class white voters in the South continued to vote for Democrats for national office until the 1990s (ahem these are your jim crow demcrats...pig sooooooie!). In summary, Shafer told The New York Times, "[whites] voted by their economic preferences, not racial preferences".[11]

ACADEMICS

BINGOOOOOO and republicans moved south over the decades....hence this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Williams_(politician)

Williams was elected as speaker of the Tennessee House on January 13, 2009, in a surprising divergence from the Republican party's accepted plan for succession. Democrats, who had lost the majority in the House for the first time since 1969,

Southern Democrats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another exception is North Carolina. Despite the fact that the state has voted for Republicans in every presidential election from 1980 until 2004, the governorship (until 2012), legislature (until 2010), as well as most statewide offices remain in Democratic control, the congressional delegation was heavily democratic until 2012 when the Republicans passed a redistricting plan to put them in the driver's seat.

and from academics.......thank you!!!!!!

Forum List

Back