Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump

So anyway, does anyone know the difference between the Southern Baptists and the Northern Baptists?

The Northern Baptists say "There ain't no hell."

The Southern Baptists say "The hell there ain't."

But there are people that practice their religious beliefs without trying to determine who is worthy.
Really? Are they a prominent, in the spot light, not taking advantage of their celebrity status to be idolized- oh, wait- every sect has its dogma of who is and who isn't whatever- Baptist beliefs are no better than any other "group think" entity and surely no worse- they will ostracize and praise a hypocrite as well as anyone-

this brings to mind, the Cody Jinks song- I Cast No Stones which addresses the dogma of religion-

Dogma varies greatly between a plethora of religions ... And it doesn't always put man before God in judgement.
You can act within Grace without the need to attempt to exclude Grace from any other.

As to the Hypocrite statement ... That only applies if one put their judgement before God's judgement.
One is not required to cast a stone to practice their religious beliefs ... Some religions, or branches of larger religions, do not attempt to practice Divine judgement.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to join in with the Southern Baptist..

Apparently someone does. The Southern Baptist Convention is the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S. Right above the United Methodist Church.

American Religion Statistics: Trends in U.S. Religious Affiliations
Oh I know, I used to be a member until I came to my senses at fifteen..They are a little nutzi in my mind.
MLK was a member of the Southern Baptist Church.

What I don't get is why anyone would want to join in with the Southern Baptist..

Apparently someone does. The Southern Baptist Convention is the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S. Right above the United Methodist Church.

Oh I know, I used to be a member until I came to my senses at fifteen..They are a little nutzi in my mind.
And?

And?

And you "came to your senses." So apparently, you have more sense than did MLK, right?

Ebenezer Baptist Church is a Baptist church located in Atlanta, United States, affiliated with the Progressive National Baptist Convention and American Baptist Churches USA.

Not sure if they are affiliated with the Southern Baptists or not.

This is too much. Can you say Fascis?

Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump
The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
Trump is basically the holy Trinity reformed so I can perfectly understand why this church would do this....

The Trinity is now Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as embodied by Trump.....as scripture has taught us

The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
Trump is basically the holy Trinity reformed so I can perfectly understand why this church would do this....

The Trinity is now Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as embodied by Trump.....as scripture has taught us

Not quite, but close...

null.jpeg

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Not quite, but close...

null.jpeg
This is basically blasphemy....and very condescending towards Trump

Trump already knew how to read and write -- Jesus didn't need to teach him......

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Not quite, but close...

null.jpeg

Trump already knew how to read and write -- Jesus didn't need to teach him......

Would you like to compare the church's favorable view of President Trump, to the disdain and disgust they hold for Biden?

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

As fat as Trump is he can hold three entities...

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

The core of Trump's support has been working class whites. You are a moron.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued

Not quite, but close...

null.jpeg

Would you like to compare the church's favorable view of President Trump, to the disdain and disgust they hold for Biden?
I don't worship Trump or Biden...so what churches think of both is of no concern to me.....

I remember what churches thought of Bush tho....now they pretend as if Bush never existed.....
xfhqdefault.jpg

So I don't care much what reactionary right-wing pseudo-Christians think

Yeah. Some of them are something, aren't they?

I'm often surprised you don't often see a bunch of folks runnin about with lightening strike damage on their heads.

It might be because God loves them, and isn't in a hurry to get rid of anyone, go figure ... :dunno:

Where are evangelicals supporting whatever TRUMP says? What they are doing is supporting the actions TRUMP took while in office to defend religious liberties and the right to life. TRUMP gave people a new standard to hold elected officials to. Take DeSantis and Noem actions regarding transgenders in sports. Noem said all the right things, but when it came to actions part she failed the test.

Where are evangelicals supporting whatever TRUMP says? What they are doing is supporting the actions TRUMP took while in office to defend religious liberties and the right to life. TRUMP gave people a new standard to hold elected officials to. Take DeSantis and Noem actions regarding transgenders in sports. Noem said all the right things, but when it came to actions part she failed the test.

Libs just say shit.

Forum List

Back