South Dakota Attorney General & Excellent Driver; Faces Impeachment

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg could face an unprecedented impeachment hearing in the House of Representatives following criminal charges filed against him last week, the Argus Leader has confirmed. The development comes four days after the Hyde County States Attorney's Office announced it would not pursue felony charges against Ravnsborg alleging criminal culpability in the death of Joe Boever, 55, of Highmore, who was walking along Highway 14 on Sept. 12 when he was struck. Instead, Ravnsborg will face three separate misdemeanor traffic charges in court for careless driving and distracted driving."

So this is the guy who hit a guy while driving; claimed that he thought he hit a deer...his Sheriff buddy came and let him drive one of his police cars home; no type of sobriety tests given, nothing...just tossed him the keys and told him to run along....maybe hit someone else if you get time.......crash investigators were able to discover that not only did he hit and killed a man, but he swerved out of his driving lane to hit this man -- either he was distracted, drunk or both....luckily, being Attorney General comes with perks in the justice system; so he won't be facing any felonies or anything serious; I am sure you or I would have gotten that same treatment, I am sure you or I would be able to drive a police car home after running over a person; instead of riding in that police car to jail...

Now impeachments of state wide elected officials don't happen in SD; last time it came close was back in the 30's when the Democratic governor at the time used troops to break up a union strike in order to serve big business...now if a guy did that today, he would be a GOP presidential candidate....

"South Dakota Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg could face an unprecedented impeachment hearing in the House of Representatives following criminal charges filed against him last week, the Argus Leader has confirmed. The development comes four days after the Hyde County States Attorney's Office announced it would not pursue felony charges against Ravnsborg alleging criminal culpability in the death of Joe Boever, 55, of Highmore, who was walking along Highway 14 on Sept. 12 when he was struck. Instead, Ravnsborg will face three separate misdemeanor traffic charges in court for careless driving and distracted driving."

So this is the guy who hit a guy while driving; claimed that he thought he hit a deer...his Sheriff buddy came and let him drive one of his police cars home; no type of sobriety tests given, nothing...just tossed him the keys and told him to run along....maybe hit someone else if you get time.......crash investigators were able to discover that not only did he hit and killed a man, but he swerved out of his driving lane to hit this man -- either he was distracted, drunk or both....luckily, being Attorney General comes with perks in the justice system; so he won't be facing any felonies or anything serious; I am sure you or I would have gotten that same treatment, I am sure you or I would be able to drive a police car home after running over a person; instead of riding in that police car to jail...

Now impeachments of state wide elected officials don't happen in SD; last time it came close was back in the 30's when the Democratic governor at the time used troops to break up a union strike in order to serve big business...now if a guy did that today, he would be a GOP presidential candidate....
Sounds like Democrats are back at it in their move to screw up every state in the country by filing criminal charges against an innocent Republican politician.
South Dakota works....and this must stop....NOW!!!

Sounds like Democrats are back at it in their move to screw up every state in the country by filing criminal charges against an innocent Republican politician.
multiple GOP leaders in Pierre confirmed Sunday night that members are actively discussing potential impeachment of Ravnsborg.

Hey, if Ted Kennedy can get away with it -- why not this guy right??

Uh.....Ted Kennedy was drunk, and drove off of a bridge with his mistress, while married, and left the scene and tried to hide from authorities.
Where do you get off comparing this to that?
Imagine driving down a dark road at night in South Dakota, where they don't have street lights out in the woods, and some guy wanders out in front of your car.
I've driven in South Dakota. Towns are few and far between. Driving at 70 mph at night is a risk because unless you have your brights on...you can't see something until it's too late. Swerving will only kill you as well as the idiot that was wandering on the road.
At least he called the cops and attempted to find out what he hit.
And your OP is a fabrication.....the car involved in the accident wasn't a police car.
Here's the pic on the webpage.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Last edited:

Uh.....Ted Kennedy was drunk, and drove off of a bridge with his mistress, while married, and left the scene and tried to hide from authorities.
Imagine driving down a dark road at night in South Dakota, where they don't have street lights out in the woods, and some guy wanders out in front of your car.
I've driven in South Dakota. Towns are few and far between. Driving at 70 mph at night is a risk because unless you have your brights on...you can't see something until it's too late. Swerving will only kill you as well as the idiot that was wandering on the road.
Imagine leaving the scene of a fatal injury accident, your ass would be in jail for vehicular homicide.

And your OP is a fabrication.....the car involved in the accident wasn't a police car.

View attachment 460384
I said stupid ass -- that his sheriff buddy allowed him drive one of his cars home.......

Did the Sheriff do that for you after you ran over a guy??

View attachment 460384
Oh yea, did you leave the scene initially like the AG did??

The fact that your goofy ass would have a totally different reaction based on if there was R or D by the person's name is what I am mocking...

I haven't seen any reports on the evidence that warrant more serious criminal charges.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see that maybe South Dakota will get this one atleast someone right.

For those of you who dunno this story (I know it's in a small state), the guy killed a man who was outside on the road - Drove home - Called his FRIEND in Congress to ask what to do - before ever calling the cops. This guy sat on the road dying while the Attorney General was calling around asking what to do.

It's disgusting.

How fucking old is this story?
Impeachment new, but story is not. Been languishing too long. Dana is correct. Anybody else would have been charged at least with a negligent vehicular manslaughter or more, especially due to delay in reporting and story.

How fucking old is this story?
Impeachment new, but story is not. Been languishing too long. Dana is correct. Anybody else would have been charged at least with a negligent vehicular manslaughter or more, especially due to delay in reporting and story.
IT'S A FUCKING MONTH-OLD STORY!!

WHY ISN'T ONE OF THE HACK MAUDES MERGING THIS THREAD?!?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see that maybe South Dakota will get this one atleast someone right.

For those of you who dunno this story (I know it's in a small state), the guy killed a man who was outside on the road - Drove home - Called his FRIEND in Congress to ask what to do - before ever calling the cops. This guy sat on the road dying while the Attorney General was calling around asking what to do.

It's disgusting.
And of course you're simply lying. Why are you lying to the USMB forum, jackass?

This man got away with vehicular murder as far as I'm concerned.

The only reason why he has not been properly charged is because he's a politician.

He killed someone didn't report the accident to the authorities and lied about it.
You're full of shit, liar. He called 911 immediately after the accident. The 911 call was released several months ago, totally debunking you moonbat conspiracy theorists.

The 911 operator dispatched the county sheriff to the scene. The sheriff arrived on the scene and assumed that he hit a deer. After all, it was ~10:30 at night on a dark unlit rural South Dakota highway in the middle of nowhere. Not exactly the time or place you would typically expect there to be a pedestrian walking down the highway.

You've obviously been consuming too much fake news. Lay off the grape kool-aid. That shit will rot your brain.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back