South African variant can 'break through' Pfizer vaccine, Israeli study says

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The coronavirus variant discovered in South Africa can "break through" Pfizer/BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine to some extent, a real-world data study in Israel found, though its prevalence in the country is low and the research has not been peer reviewed.

The study, released on Saturday, compared almost 400 people who had tested positive for COVID-19, 14 days or more after they received one or two doses of the vaccine, against the same number of unvaccinated patients with the disease. It matched age and gender, among other characteristics.

The South African variant, B.1.351, was found to make up about 1% of all the COVID-19 cases across all the people studied, according to the study by Tel Aviv University and Israel's largest healthcare provider, Clalit.

But among patients who had received two doses of the vaccine, the variant's prevalence rate was eight times higher than those unvaccinated - 5.4% versus 0.7%.

This sure ain't comforting. So, Pfizer is going to have to work on it.

The coronavirus variant discovered in South Africa can "break through" Pfizer/BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine to some extent, a real-world data study in Israel found, though its prevalence in the country is low and the research has not been peer reviewed.

The study, released on Saturday, compared almost 400 people who had tested positive for COVID-19, 14 days or more after they received one or two doses of the vaccine, against the same number of unvaccinated patients with the disease. It matched age and gender, among other characteristics.

The South African variant, B.1.351, was found to make up about 1% of all the COVID-19 cases across all the people studied, according to the study by Tel Aviv University and Israel's largest healthcare provider, Clalit.

But among patients who had received two doses of the vaccine, the variant's prevalence rate was eight times higher than those unvaccinated - 5.4% versus 0.7%.

None of the vaccines have claimed 100% protection. From what I see these numbers fall within the original studies of 95% protection. So I don't see any reason for anxiety among folks that have gotten the Pfizer vaccine.

Well. . . if they just let folks catch the first wave of Covid-19, then. . and I may have this messed up, so anyone can correct me if I have this wrong. . . but;

The case numbers and deaths in China, Japan, and SE Asia were significantly lower than all other parts of the world. The reason for this is because this part of the world had already been exposed to SARS, which is a closely related type of coronavirus. This then conferred T-cell background immunity throughout those entire populations.

So. . . when COVID-19 came along, it did far less damage to these populations than it did to Europe and the Americas. This is what the epidemiologists and virologists called the "dry leaves" or "dead timber" phenomenon. . . the disease goes through a population that has no background immunity already, causing higher excess mortality rates than in other places that already have had a similar disease go through, cutting down the "at risk" and aged, and conferred T-cell back-ground immunity.

IOW, all these mitigation strategies and trying to force mass immunizations for a disease that has only a .2 IFR on that total population? Is motivated by money, power, greed, and a desire by governments and corporation for control, not by an interest in public health.

Covid is just another seasonal respiratory virus. The flu typically kills 30-50K people in the U.S. each year. Flu vaccines reduce the risk of getting the flu by 40-60%. We've been willing to live with that. Even with the highly distorted ginned up fake Covid Death counts, when we eliminate the elderly and morbidly obese, the remaining risk is not any worse than the flu.

[/QUOTE
I hope Moderna can cover it

I have said it before the World shouldn’t count on the vaccine to stop this virus and we as a society shouldn’t let our guard down against this virus...

It will take a decade before we come up with a proper vaccine and we are doing is bandaid treatment for the virus at the moment while trying to convince the World everything will get better...

This summer is going to see a massive rise in fatalities from the virus and most people will deny this now but I truly believe this is the Summer of Death...

Think the "vaccine" is really triggering allergic reactions-----------which means the more exposures the worst the symptoms of the disease that will be.

I have said it before the World shouldn’t count on the vaccine to stop this virus and we as a society shouldn’t let our guard down against this virus...

It will take a decade before we come up with a proper vaccine and we are doing is bandaid treatment for the virus at the moment while trying to convince the World everything will get better...

This summer is going to see a massive rise in fatalities from the virus and most people will deny this now but I truly believe this is the Summer of Death...
Due to the nature of this particular pathogen, I am nearly certain that a traditional DNA vaccine cannot be made, for the same reason they can't make vaccines for other coronaviruses, rhinoviruses, retroviruses, etc. Otherwise, they would have already cured the common cold and HIV.

Biden and Harris will have us all locked in our bedrooms before they let this sweep through the population and let herd immunity be achieved and let nature take it's course.

Even if they have to call out FEMA. . .

giphy.gif

Due to the nature of this particular pathogen, I am nearly certain that a traditional DNA vaccine cannot be made, for the same reason they can't make vaccines for other coronaviruses, rhinoviruses, retroviruses, etc. Otherwise, they would have already cured the common cold and HIV.

Biden and Harris will have us all locked in our bedrooms before they let this sweep through the population and let herd immunity be achieved and let nature take it's course.

giphy.gif

If no Vaccine can be made then there is no point in lockdowns and we must accept a culling will happen.

Over time Humanity grows to a size and then a virus usually lowers our numbers until we reach heard immunity.

I have maintained since the outbreak we shouldn’t treat this virus as the Flu but as Pneumonia and the mistakes we have made has caused harm.

I am not a anti-Vaccine type but I have deep concern over the vaccines and do not trust them at this moment.

I have had mine but I am worried what side affects will happen in the next ten years or so and if I made a mistake by getting one because of my lung condition?

giphy.gif

If no Vaccine can be made then there is no point in lockdowns and we must accept a culling will happen.

Over time Humanity grows to a size and then a virus usually lowers our numbers until we reach heard immunity.

I have maintained since the outbreak we shouldn’t treat this virus as the Flu but as Pneumonia and the mistakes we have made has caused harm.

I am not a anti-Vaccine type but I have deep concern over the vaccines and do not trust them at this moment.

I have had mine but I am worried what side affects will happen in the next ten years or so and if I made a mistake by getting one because of my lung condition?

I am not an expert in these matters. . . TBH. My expertise lay in other fields. I am only going by what I remember form 8th grade science, which was decades and decades ago, and of course, what we have all read. I won't toot my own horn about my ability to read and think critically here.

I too have no problem with Vaccines. I never have. Some vaccines I have gotten, and some I made my kid get. Some, when I did a risk/benefit analysis. . I thought it would be better to let my kid get. I got the flu, I always have. It's a good way to keep your immune system strong. And I believe getting the Chicken Pox is a great way to shield you from Shingles. These are illness are silly excuses for unnecessary medical risks, but that is just my risk/benefit analysis. My own opinion for my life, others can do what they want.

I have read that there are many. . many types of traditional vaccines.

And that the Russians? Their vaccine is a more traditional type.

I too have a very deep concern over using new rushed technology, and sense an ulterior agenda for a disease whose IFR is being exaggerated. I see the way that other nations outside of the nations of DAVOS are treating this, and I am a wee bit suspicious.

It was a really welcome sign when the governor of Florida, FINALLY had the cojones to host the Great Barrington Declaration Scientists. Science is not done by consensus. There are many points of view on this. When the billionaires of the world who run the media and silicon valley, are censoring other legitimate points of view? We all should be gravely concerned.

Great Barrington Declaration Scientists with Gov. DeSantis in Florida

Censored by YouTube: Governor DeSantis covid roundtable with top scientists

Let everyone research their risk of getting ill from this disease, and how well their system can build an immune response to it. . . and let them make their own mind up.

. . . nothing pisses me off more than when the propaganda tells the public only vaccines can confer immunity though. Where do these idiots that repeat that blathter think vaccines get the genetic material to confer immunity? :dunno:

. . and if the global technocratic state should start to treat us all like slaves for exercising our free will? Whelp. . .

553d3b527831dda18ed9b7f5e7eecdc35e8e2157b5b6adb8a509c47c1517b1d2_1.gif

Post #1: The Israeli report is misleading because it does not mention the specific mutations that comprise the B.1.351 variant, thus reifying South African geography.

B.1.351

K417N
E484K
N501Y
D614G

The N501Y mutation was first shown in Chinese lab mice, reported in Sep 2020. It is also an Alzheimer’s presenilin mutation. The D614G mutation happened within one week apart in both Germany and China. This is the mutation that Fauci got backwards in his Youtube video.

P.1 variant (Japan-Brazil) is almost identical, except that K417N can also sport a threonine (T) at that position:

P.1 Japan-Brazil

K417N/T
E484K
N501Y
D614G

And that the Russians? Their vaccine is a more traditional type.
Actual the Russian’s vaccine was yet again an mRNA based vaccine, its just that it uses a virus shell to get the mRNA into the cell, like the Johnson and Johnson vaccine

We think it’s the E484K mutation that’s most concerning and causing vaccine breakthrough, which should be tended to in the future. We’ve already peered into the brain of COVID-19 about this:

Posts 264 & 265 E484K

New Topics

Forum List

Back