sotomayor unimpressive

She's only but slightly more intelligent than the Senators from Minnesota who questioned her....And she's a shoo-in for confirmation.

I weep for my country.

Interesting... a woman who has more federal judicial experience than any justice in the last 70 years and she's "unimpressive"?

over 300 published decisions and only 4 reversed by the high court? and even then, the decision on the big ones were 5-4 and she's "unimpressive"?

see... this is why no one listens to you loons.

i dont see why anyone would be that worried about her,she is not going to change the makeup of the court.....but time will tell if she is like SHE says she is....if she is not....then we can dump on her....

i dont see why anyone would be that worried about her,she is not going to change the makeup of the court.....but time will tell if she is like SHE says she is....if she is not....then we can dump on her....

politicians always like putting on a show. it let's their constituents know they're doing something. I'm sure jeff sessions will tell his people all about it in his next taxpayer paid for newsletter.

I half agree with you about the make-up of the court. but honestly, i think people should be qualified to take the bench. I don't like Alito or Roberts' politics, but both were clearly qualified. Same with Sotomayor.

Now she was born in this country so there should be no excuse for an erudite judge to make mistakes such as (and i am paraphrasing here)

"when one is in eminent danger"...

did she mean imminent?

or

"...vagrancies in the fire department..."

you mean vacancies do you not?

These may be minor things but in the world of jurisprudence minor mistakes in language can have significant ramifications.

And no one before her has ever misspoken, right?

george-w-bush-picture.jpeg

I think she'll be comic relief for Thomas and Scalia.

"No, seriously Sonia, what do you really think about the case..." C Thomas, wiping tears from his eyes as he listens to Sonia describe her thoughts on a case before SCOTUS

Now she was born in this country so there should be no excuse for an erudite judge to make mistakes such as (and i am paraphrasing here)

"when one is in eminent danger"...

did she mean imminent?

or

"...vagrancies in the fire department..."

you mean vacancies do you not?

These may be minor things but in the world of jurisprudence minor mistakes in language can have significant ramifications.

And no one before her has ever misspoken, right?

george-w-bush-picture.jpeg

But but but but but but I thought that misspeaking was a sure sign of abject stupidity, or is it only when a Republican misspeaks?

"No, seriously Sonia, what do you really think about the case..." C Thomas, wiping tears from his eyes as he listens to Sonia describe her thoughts on a case before SCOTUS

you clearly don't know anything about the court.

thomas asks no questions and doesn't really engage in discussion about caselaw. he usually says "me, too".

but thanks for your continued showing that you know nothing.

My garlic nose tells me that instead of "Vagaries" she meant to say "My Latina vagina -- the source of all my wisdom"

thomas asks no questions and doesn't really engage in discussion about caselaw. he usually says "me, too".

Have you ever actually read a Thomas decision? He asks no question during the presentations but I'll put his decisions against any other Justice since the founding of the Republic.

Stop spewing stupid fucking Librul talking points when you're around me, I find it offensive and you should at least give me warning so I can put on a Hazmat suit and avoid your spittle

Have you ever actually read a Thomas decision? He asks no question during the presentations but I'll put his decisions against any other Justice since the founding of the Republic.

Stop spewing stupid fucking Librul talking points when you're around me, I find it offensive and you should at least give me warning so I can put on a Hazmat suit and avoid your spittle

you don't see me saying those things about scalia, roberts, alito and kennedy, do you, nutbar?

didn't think so.

and if you asked who my favorite justice is/was, I'd tell you Sandra Day O'Connor even though I didn't always agree with her.

see, that's the problem with you wingnuts, you have no ability to separate politics from whether you think someone is smart or not so you think no one else does either.

Thomas had no business being appointed to the court.

Do you know what a "hot bench is"?

As for whether I've read his opinions, it's pretty much part of my job TO read decisions.... not all, but a lot.

Last edited:
Hypocrite thy name is Jefferson Sessions.

More on Sessions v. Sotomayor—By Ken Silverstein (Harper's Magazine)

"There’s more than a little irony in some of the questioning U.S. Sen. Jefferson Beauregard “Jeff” Sessions III has subjected Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor to during this week’s confirmation hearings.

The Alabama Republican — the top GOP member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and a former prosecutor and state attorney general — has led the charge for his party, raising concerns about Sotomayor’s impartiality. but what of Sessions’ own racial impartiality? After all, his 1986 nomination by President Ronald Reagan for a federal judgeship was killed by the Senate Judiciary Committee over his history of racist actions and comments.

A year before Reagan nominated him, Sessions — who was then serving as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama — was involved in a controversial and ultimately unsuccessful voter fraud prosecution of three civil rights workers, including a former aide to Martin Luther King Jr. Other Sessions’ comments that came to light in those hearings..."

Thank you, Jillian for proving yourself a coward. Instead of attacking JB, why don't you start a thread and lay out the case against mr Thomas, since you seem to have such an issue with him...

you sure you aint misunderestimating her i guesses our children aint learning and i thinks a fish and we's can get along and live too gather.

You well learned tools helped elect the worst president in history, or at least the dumbest and most incompetent, you worship at the corporate and wealth trough, and you then have the nerve to criticize a few words you may not even heard correctly from an American who worked her way to the top. Bah humbug!

I do declare dat dont seem to make no sense to dis here American.

I cant tell if you are referring to Bush 2 or to Obama here as they are both fit under your description.

Which one do you mean?

Forum List

Back