Sotomayor: Right to Bear Arms Is Unconstitutional

I confess to a certain amount of shadenfrueden when I see you people squiriming in discomfort with this SC appointment.

Your guns are safe, folks.

Of course the Dems will garner Hispanic votes in that manner. And black votes, and white votes, and the votes of the people on the factory floor.

True but why do we have to lose so much too the voice of unreason

You did for eight years.

Who did? You mean the Republicans that flinched every time Harry wagged his finger or Nan popped out of her chair? Puh-lease ...:eusa_hand:

The Republicans won't learn from this. They didn't last time. They were given power and acted for 12 years like they were still the minority. Let you lefties get your hands on some power and you invent new ways to offend, abuse it, and just generally violate as many principles of the US Constitution as you possibly can.

So "we" -- whoever that is besides those that had little choice but vote against the leftwing lunacy that is happening right this minute -- didn't do jack shit.

Of course the Dems will garner Hispanic votes in that manner. And black votes, and white votes, and the votes of the people on the factory floor.

what factory floor? People who live in Mexico and China can't vote in our elections.

Really? I am still working in a steel mill in the US. Good wages and exceptional benefits. Of course, it is a Russian company, but ol' Bushie approved of the sale, so it must be a good thing, right?

Well, as long as YOU are okay.:cuckoo:

Let's see, your fellow sent jobs overseas, but that is President Obama's fault? Hmmm.........

Because that's what he said, right? A perfect example of left-(non)think.

Let me help you out here .... what's the difference between you working for a foreign company here, and some foreigner working for an American company "there"?

None. Shut up. You are supporting another nation's economy. Good fucking job.

You did for eight years.
Here we go again....

Anyone who questions a demlemming MUST be a Bushie. :rolleyes:

And here I thought the Hannitoids were the elite of brain dead automatons.

Then put some real facts out there, real reasons, not just Limpbaugh lies and Repub Talking Points.

I do not know if what President Obama is doing will prevent the Second Great Republican Depression or not. I do know that simply doing nothing is not an option. By 2012, we will know if the President's actions are succeeding. If they are not, he will be a one term President. If they are succeeding, then he will be a two term President, and have a real shot at enacting a real health care system for this nation.

I just did. Address them.

You did for eight years.

I admit Bush did some things I didn't agree with,
but the enchanted one is killing this country
and is going to get a lot of Americans killed because of his apology tour

You mean you prefer the macho stupidity of Bush.

I prefer the government not trying to get into every orifice of my body under Bush or someone like him to this fascist YOU support who'd shake down his granny for a nickel if he hadn't already tossed her ass under the bus.

You need to change your user ID because "rocks" is one thing you don't have a pair of. You'd prefer fascism to freedom so long as it keeps you comfy and you don't have to work or think to hard and the government wipes your ass for you.

Then put some real facts out there, real reasons, not just Limpbaugh lies and Repub Talking Points.

I do not know if what President Obama is doing will prevent the Second Great Republican Depression or not. I do know that simply doing nothing is not an option. By 2012, we will know if the President's actions are succeeding. If they are not, he will be a one term President. If they are succeeding, then he will be a two term President, and have a real shot at enacting a real health care system for this nation.

Well, dipshit, he does not think they will succeed because he wants healthcare reform now since he know he will not get it later.

well he mentioned he works at a steel mill,
I would say it's a union shop
they have already good benefits
but the dummy must not realize that if health care gets passed
his taxes goes up and his already good health care goes down

Too easy. They're talking national sales tax now. They're going to jack us for this mythical healthcare that will be the burden of those who pay taxes to take care of those who don't. Taxpayers are footing the bill for the US government artificially propping up failed corporations. The wealthy are already hoarding their money and no doubt realigning it overseas where Obama can't touch it, but it isn't going into developmental investments here.

But that's okay with some union slug who just wants to eek along with the rest of the sheep. So long as he isn't discomforted too much, it doesn't bother him that his betters are paying to prop up his one-size-fits-all bullshit.

There's one good thing about Obama's pick of ultra-left zealot Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court: it should enlighten those clueless enough not to realize that Chairman Zero is an extremely dangerous radical. At Jumping in Pools, we learn of Sotomayor's take on the crucial Second Amendment, which guarantees our right to bear arms:

Sotomayor is a graduate from Princeton University, where her legal theses included Race in the American Classroom, and Undying Injustice: American "Exceptionalism" and Permanent Bigotry, and Deadly Obsession: American Gun Culture. In this text, the student Sotomayor explained that the Second Amendment to the Constitution did not actually afford individual citizens the right to bear arms, but only duly conferred organizations, like the military. Instead of making guns illegal, she argues that they have been illegal for individuals to own since the passing of the Bill of Rights.
Sotomayor also helped to establish our current pro-terrorist anti-terror strategy with the insane ruling that illegal combatants captured on foreign battlefields are entitled to all the rights of American citizens. She is militantly racist, as she made obvious in an appalling ruling by which test scores were discarded so that unqualified blacks could be promoted instead of qualified whites in New Haven's fire department.

Here she is declaring that the Constitution be damned, courts are where policy is made:
Moonbattery: Sotomayor: Right to Bear Arms Is Unconstitutional

But despite being one of the last people on earth who could be counted on to faithfully interpret the Constitution, Sotomayor is assured of confirmation, because she has the qualifications that actually matter, being not only a flaming moonbat but a Hispanic and a female, and having grown up in a South Bronx trashcan. Here's Joe Biden discussing her unassailable credentials:

I think that the only reason Clarence Thomas is on the Court is because he is black. I don't believe he could have won had he been white. And the reason is, I think it was a cynical ploy by President Bush.
Whoops, he was talking about Clarence Thomas. But I'm sure Plugs must have said something similar about Sotomayor, if his point of view has any consistency at all.

They want HER for the Supreme Court when she can't even read the Second Amendment correctly?

I don't give a damn who she is ... she's an activist judge who puts her whacky political beliefs before the law and not qualified for a position on the Supreme Court.

There must be some point this Obama idiocy stops.
Activist, like Scalia, Alito, and Thomas? They are wingnuts, thus a whole different standard.

Surely you can do better than this lame attempt at deflection?

I confess to a certain amount of shadenfrueden when I see you people squiriming in discomfort with this SC appointment.

Your guns are safe, folks.

Sure they are. The typical leftwing response. Don't think, don't worry ... then WHAM, your ass is bent over a desk.

I wouldn't believe a LOT of shit could happen in this country until the past 5 months.

schadenfreude is my favorite word.

It's one of those ugly aspects of our human natures that few of us (grownups, at least, kids revel in it! --Nyah! nyah! nyah!) acknowledge except in the most extreme circumstances but all of us (even the best of us) experience.

Here's one of the great songs which express that sentiment rather well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQivqHlEnrA"]YouTube - " I WANT TO BE AROUND " TONY BENNETT & BONO // DUETS[/ame]

True but why do we have to lose so much too the voice of unreason

You did for eight years.

Who did? You mean the Republicans that flinched every time Harry wagged his finger or Nan popped out of her chair? Puh-lease ...:eusa_hand:

The Republicans won't learn from this. They didn't last time. They were given power and acted for 12 years like they were still the minority.

They did? You get more and more delusional every day this aministration is in office, dude.

When the Rs had the hammer they used it like Thor, just as the Ds used it when they had it, and will use it again now that they have it, again.

Nevertheless, your guns are safe.

Let you lefties get your hands on some power and you invent new ways to offend, abuse it, and just generally violate as many principles of the US Constitution as you possibly can.

Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way...
Gee! what the matter with liberals today?

I admit Bush did some things I didn't agree with,
but the enchanted one is killing this country
and is going to get a lot of Americans killed because of his apology tour

You'd prefer fascism to freedom so long as it keeps you comfy and you don't have to work or think to hard and the government wipes your ass for you.

This comment from somebody who lived in a military dictatorship long enough to retire?

You crack my ass up, Gunny.

Your capacity to live in and thrive in a fascist society is pretty god damend apparent to anyone who ever served.

Now you're going to lecture US on freedom?

Get a clue.

You'd prefer fascism to freedom so long as it keeps you comfy and you don't have to work or think to hard and the government wipes your ass for you.

This comment from somebody who lived in a military dictatorship long enough to retire?

Your capacity to live in and thrive in a fascist society is pretty god damend apparent to anyone who ever served.

Get a clue.

Anyone who does not understand that our military personel give up the same rights that they are defending to achieve that goal is simply a mindless tool of the anti-american sentiment so prevelent in our society.
Any US citizen that does not appreciate these peoples service is not a patriot, and may well be a raving idiot.
Thank you for your service Gunny, I for one appreciate it.

Get a clue.

Anyone who does not understand that our military personel give up the same rights that they are defending to achieve that goal

I understand that perfectly.

Not germane to the point I was making, but a valid statement.

Get a clue.

Anyone who does not understand that our military personel give up the same rights that they are defending to achieve that goal

I understand that perfectly.

Not germane to the point I was making, but a valid statement.

you had a point?

They want HER for the Supreme Court when she can't even read the Second Amendment correctly?

I don't give a damn who she is ... she's an activist judge who puts her whacky political beliefs before the law and not qualified for a position on the Supreme Court.

Frankly Gunny it may stop only when it is too late. This may be the largest scam yet on this nation. The Obama wrecking ball will leave the American fabric in shreds!

A poem:

Activist Judges Gunny is funny Doesn't even know what Fascism means
So he goes on the web and says please for for Jeb
Because right is the way Gunny leans

That's right Gunny! Activist judges like Alito and Roberts have no right being on the Supreme Court. Even a former right wing Supreme said the two dumb fucks need to follow Stari Decisis

FOXNews.com - Transcript: Former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on 'FNS' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace

We know why you worry that our judges are going to be activist judges. Because your judges are!!! Sorry, not gonna put another right winger on the bench so you can make abortion illegal. Hopefully Obama gets to appoint another one and then the next President, John Edwards, can appoint another 2 to replace all the old farts. Unfortunately Alito and Roberts will work long enough to protect Corporations for generations to come. Just look at what they did to the Exxon Valdez settlement. The jury awarded the appropriate amount to the victims and the Supreme's lowered the settlement to an amount that is less than a slap in the face to the victims.

So Corporations can literally get away with murder, and the penalty will be not worth worrying about. So fuck it, lets pollute the waterways. The Supreme's have our backs.

So we need more liberal activist judges, that lean left. They all legislate from the bench. They all know it too. But you keep brainwashing the American people the same way you badmouthed John Edwards for being a TRIAL LAWYER.

And don't act like most greedy rich trial lawyers aren't GOP'ers.

Frankly Gunny it may stop only when it is too late. This may be the largest scam yet on this nation. The Obama wrecking ball will leave the American fabric in shreds!

And the icing on the cake will be when we finally see his real birth certificate and find out he wasn't even legally eligible to be President.

Forum List

Back