Sorry for lives lost Boeing admits faulty system part of chain of events in 737 Max crashes

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
‘Sorry for lives lost’: Boeing admits faulty system part of ‘chain of events’ in 737 MAX crashes
Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg has said “it’s apparent” that the 737 MAX 8’s MCAS maneuvering system contributed to two fatal air accidents. Investigators had long suspected the system’s role in the disasters.

Oh they are sorry and you same lunatics who love AI / tech driver less cars want the smart ppl to trust this software kinda bs. Yeah u can blank off.

Let the lawsuits begin. I hope the claims result in actual and punitive damages sufficient to provide justice to those who lost their lives and to protect future air travelers.

It is a scary thing that computer software now controls cars and planes.

Any hacker that is a spook in an intel. agency can assassinate someone in a car or a plane, simply by altering the code.

Scary times.

Seems the only safe way to travel anymore is on a bike or a horse.

:abgg2q.jpg:

‘Sorry for lives lost’: Boeing admits faulty system part of ‘chain of events’ in 737 MAX crashes
Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg has said “it’s apparent” that the 737 MAX 8’s MCAS maneuvering system contributed to two fatal air accidents. Investigators had long suspected the system’s role in the disasters.

Oh they are sorry and you same lunatics who love AI / tech driver less cars want the smart ppl to trust this software kinda bs. Yeah u can blank off.

I wonder what the passenger manifests of those two crashes were.

Were they really accidents?

Or were they just testing this new system? Just to see if they can crash planes at will now?

:tinfoil:

• Banned

Or were they just testing this new system? Just to see if they can crash planes at will now?

Yeah that is always the question who was on that flight whose concted to who kinda thing.

I have been wondering what really happened. Apparently, the upgrade to larger engines caused the nose of the plane to come up too far, so they put a system in place to automatically trim the nose back down. The latest is that the pilots correctly engaged that system but then turned it off when the stick started to shake which is an indicator to tell them they were going into a stall. After they recovered from the stall, they turned it back on which caused the plane to nose down. There is something more to this I think. I would think the auto-trim should not have caused a stall in the first place but then, for them to turn it back on after they recovered is strange. Boeing says that the manual clearly states that if that system malfunctions it should not be turned on again.

i don't fly so i pay no attention . But from what i hear on radio there are or were hundreds of these planes with many hours of safe flight flying with no problems all over the world . The guy , talk host that was talking said that the problem was poor training or failure by the Pilots to understand the problem . Crashes came out of 'indonesia' and ' ethiopia' i think and i have no problem believing that the training out of those zhithole areas was the cause of the crashes . ---------------- for what its worth .

i don't fly so i pay no attention . But from what i hear on radio there are or were hundreds of these planes with many hours of safe flight flying with no problems all over the world . The guy , talk host that was talking said that the problem was poor training or failure by the Pilots to understand the problem . Crashes came out of 'indonesia' and ' ethiopia' i think and i have no problem believing that the training out of those zhithole areas was the cause of the crashes . ---------------- for what its worth .

It's not worth much. Because even Boeing admitted the pilots used proper procedures to deal with the planes problem. If the pilots did nothing wrong it really doesn't matter what shithole they came from.

The guy , talk host that was talking said that the problem was poor training or failure by the Pilots to understand the problem . Crashes came out of 'indonesia' and ' ethiopia' i think and i have no problem believing that the training out of those zhithole areas was the cause of the crashes . ---------------- for what its worth .

Colgan Air Flight 3407 - Wikipedia

I'm still suspicious. It would seem to me, if the training were the cause, there would be more of them. But, I am naturally suspicious. There aren't a lot of these, and it just seems too neatly explained away.

Like you said, lot of these planes, all over, with hundreds of hours of safe flight. And then, all of a sudden, two crashes, so close to each other?

And initial resistance by the West to even ground the system? :dunno:

I don't think it has anything to do with the, "training," to be perfectly honest. I don't believe much of what corporations, MSM or government tell me anymore. I suppose you are on board with their AGW theories as well then?

Your willingness to be so flippant about cultures you see as "backward" could make you blind to a global tyranny that sees no difference between you and plebes in "shit-holes." Best wake the up before it is too late. These corrupt elites don't have a nation they are loyal to. Just money, power, and the ability to kill and make it look like an accident. This power would be very convenient for them.

I'm still suspicious. It would seem to me, if the training were the cause, there would be more of them. But, I am naturally suspicious. There aren't a lot of these, and it just seems too neatly explained away.

Like you said, lot of these planes, all over, with hundreds of hours of safe flight. And then, all of a sudden, two crashes, so close to each other?

And initial resistance by the West to even ground the system? :dunno:

I don't think it has anything to do with the, "training," to be perfectly honest. I don't believe much of what corporations, MSM or government tell me anymore. I suppose you are on board with their AGW theories as well then?

Your willingness to be so flippant about cultures you see as "backward" could make you blind to a global tyranny that sees no difference between you and plebes in "shit-holes." Best wake the up before it is too late. These corrupt elites don't have a nation they are loyal to. Just money, power, and the ability to kill and make it look like an accident. This power would be very convenient for them.
---------------------------------------------------- i don't fly as i have no need and as a older guy i don't much care about the crashes except for polite sympathy . All i think is that there were hundreds or is it thousands of these planes that were in service for many miles and hours [i GUESS] and then 2 crashes in a matter of a week or 2 in different zhithole countries Mr. Beale .

It's not worth much. Because even Boeing admitted the pilots used proper procedures to deal with the planes problem. If the pilots did nothing wrong it really doesn't matter what shithole they came from.
------------------------------------ these has been different theories that i have heard and bad training is one of the theories . I think that the facts are that there have only been 2 crashes and both out of 2 zhithole countries with possible zhithole training and possibly zhithole pilots . Seems to me that Boening may be at fault or its bad training and pilots . Who knows , i'm just thinking and guessing AMech .

and as mentioned in post number 10 by Mr' Beale . There was initial resistance by authorities and experts to even grounding the planes and i think that is correct . And as part of that resistance i think that the planes flew for a few more days without incident and then they were grounded .

------------------------------------ these has been different theories that i have heard and bad training is one of the theories . I think that the facts are that there have only been 2 crashes and both out of 2 zhithole countries with possible zhithole training and possibly zhithole pilots . Seems to me that Boening may be at fault or its bad training and pilots . Who knows , i'm just thinking and guessing AMech .

But multiple AMERICAN pilots had reported problems with the airplanes pitch control system and nothing had been done about it.

Evidence shows that the pilots did the right thing, so the shithole places they came from are irrelevant.

Yeah that is always the question who was on that flight whose concted to who kinda thing.

(CNN)Grief and sorrow know no borders, but Sunday's Ethiopian Airline crash is truly an international tragedy.

The Nairobi, Kenya-bound plane went down within minutes of taking off from Addis Ababa.
The crash killed 157 people, seven of them crew members and one a security official, an airline spokeswoman said.

The passengers were from 35 nations, the airline said, with the greatest share from Kenya.

Nineteen United Nations staff members were among those killed, the UN said.
The staffers worked for the World Food Programme, the Office of the High Commissioner on Refugees, the International Telecommunications Union, the Food and Agriculture Organization, International Organization for Migration in South Sudan, World Bank and UN Assistance Mission in Somalia, and the UN Office in Nairobi.

Ethiopian crash victims: List of passengers killed in flight 302 - CNN

But multiple AMERICAN pilots had reported problems with the airplanes pitch control system and nothing had been done about it.

Evidence shows that the pilots did the right thing, so the shithole places they came from are irrelevant.
----------------------------------- seems that the American pilots were able to use their training to fix things up AMech .

You're right. There are more 737s in service all over the world than any other aircraft and it has a pretty good safety record, however these crashes involve the 733-MAX and what I've read is that Boeing screwed with the aircraft configuration thereby affecting the center of gravity of the plane in order to compensate for the installation of larger engines. This apparently caused the aircraft to tend to go nose-up under certain circumstances so in order to compensate Boeing came up with their anti-stall
system to push the nose back down if this should occur, in an effort to prevent the aircraft from stalling.

When the first plane crashed occurred I thought that this was not good considering that Boeing had just put these aircraft into service (perhaps a little too hastily), but when the second one crashed a few months later I sensed something was wrong.

Now it has been revealed that Boeing was rushing to get these the MAX into service because of competition from Airbus, and that they were actually allowed to participate in the certification process that the FAA is tasked with.

Profits over safety is not something any company wants to be accused of.

A damaged angle-of-attack sensor may have erroneously triggered anti-stall MCAS software on board a doomed Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max jet.
ABC News reports the sensor was damaged on takeoff from a bird or foreign object sending the plane downward and eventually crashing into the ground. ABC cites two aviation sources close to the investigation.

ABC News said the pilots followed Boeing procedure and disengaged power to the horizontal stabilizer at the tail of the jet. They then manually tried to bring the nose of the plane back up by using the trim wheel. After that, the pilots restored power to the stabilizer and re-engaged the MCAS. The pilots were unable to control the plane and crashed.

The pilots may have unintentionally re-engaged the MCAS, Reuters reported.
Sensor damaged on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max, ABC News reports

----------------------------------- seems that the American pilots were able to use their training to fix things up AMech .

They didn't "fix anything up". They managed to not crash the airplane but nobody said that in an identical situation that the other pilots encountered that they would not have. Not everything is identical in these flights.

I personally have known multiple pilots with over 20000 flight hours who are pushing up daisies right now. One was flying since the Vietnam war and died a few years ago in a Beech Baron that flipped over during a landing at a local airport. I'd flown with him, he taught me how to do spins. Shit happens. Training is not everything. Sometimes you just get lucky, and sometimes, YOU DON'T.

NTSB: Aborted Landing Led to July 18 Crash

Last edited:

Forum List

Back