Soros Moves to Control Second-Largest Radio Group in US

How disappointing that with all our "laws" that such a thing is even possible to buy up and monopolize a major communication venue to the people affecting thinking and political outcomes. Law or no law, I would not trust Soros not to find a way around it. 80% of what goes on in law offices these days is figuring out how to get AROUND the laws (legally).
It isn't possible. Any public outlet has to air paid political ads for any legal candidate according to the FCC. Read all about it. https://www.fcc.gov › sites › default › files › political_programming_fact_sheet.pdf

The Democrat Nazi Cult must censor Freedom of Speech because the truth will destroy them.

sorosnaziposdemocrat2.jpg

Legal doesn't matter much to the current administration or their donators Incase you hadn't noticed.

Besides, even if they had to run Trump's stuff they can still run whatever anti republican rhetoric they want.

Or they could simply just shut down conservative stations.
Exactly. While they may be required to run Trump’s as, nothing stops him from immediately after running, and “analysis” of the “lies” in the ads.

An old rhetorical trick called poisoning the well.

So were many, many other Hitler Youth and collaborators.
I'm sure he was part of Hitler Youth....but, I didn't understand the Nuremberg comment.
That was reserved was for the heavy hitters of the Nazi party.

Side note, I was buying a set of tires at Les Schwab and was in the waiting room talking
to an old lady doing the same. She stated that she was involved with Hitler Youths as a child.
Damn, she was scary, still a Nazi to this day and sounded so jaded....also very single. I don't
think any man would have been involved with the head that lady was sportin.

I'm sure he was part of Hitler Youth....but, I didn't understand the Nuremberg comment.
That was reserved was for the heavy hitters of the Nazi party.

Side note, I was buying a set of tires at Les Schwab and was in the waiting room talking
to an old lady doing the same. She stated that she was involved with Hitler Youths as a child.
Damn, she was scary, still a Nazi to this day and sounded so jaded....also very single. I don't
think any man would have been involved with the head that lady was sportin.
Ya get her digits?

Really makes me wonder then why 95% of all press coverage and media between Trump and his opponent is all 95% NEGATIVE against Trump all the time???
You know the msm, they can spout any kind of garbage they want--but they have to run paid political advertising for any legal candidate, so the OP and the story are trying to elicit a response. There may be other reasons Soros bought into it, but it isn't to refuse advertising. Maybe he wants to shut the station down or something. IDK.

Not sure that is legal.

The equal-time rule specifies that American radio and television broadcast stations must provide equivalent access to competing political candidates. This means, for example, that if a station broadcasts a message by a candidate in prime time, it must offer the same amount of time on the same terms to an opposing candidate

That applies to candidates, not hosts.

Which is why crazy right wing radio dominated for such a long time until everyone stopped listening to radio.

You know the msm, they can spout any kind of garbage they want--but they have to run paid political advertising for any legal candidate, so the OP and the story are trying to elicit a response. There may be other reasons Soros bought into it, but it isn't to refuse advertising. Maybe he wants to shut the station down or something. IDK.

That does not stop the media from running 75% ads for one candidate. Why else does it matter that one politician gets twice the funding as another, just like the democrat replacing Santos who got twice the campaign finance as that girl. They can't run ads that their campaign can't pay for, and one thing Soros isn't doing is buying up 200 radio stations to make broadcast more fair.

But the real issue here isn't who runs what, it is the fact that this country continually sells all of its corporations, farmland, resources and infrastructure out to FOREIGN INTERESTS.
Try going to another country and tell them that you want to buy up half the radio stations in their country and don't wait for them to slam the door in your face!

Because Trump is a racist, misgoynistic, homophobic, corrupt, nihilistic, narcissistic piece of human excrement.
Trump is full of himself, that doesn't make him a bad president.
He was a good president and got a lot done in the 4 years he had.
Trump is not a racist no matter how much you lefties say he is.

Trump is full of himself, that doesn't make him a bad president.
He was a good president and got a lot done in the 4 years he had.
Trump is not a racist no matter how much you lefties say he is.

More to the point, even Putin just said today that given the choice, he prefers Biden over Trump because Biden is PREDICTABLE. That is exactly what a tyrant like him wants in a US president-- predictability. Whether chess, football, or war, it is always the opponent with PREDICTABLE moves and behavior that is most easily beaten.

The last thing they want is Trump BECAUSE they CANNOT predict him, and that makes them nervous and afraid to act. That is what you need in a world leader, not this:

613260_d2898.gif

Soros is the backer of the (tax exempt) "Media Matters" which makes no apology for it's mission to "monitor (only) conservative speech 24/7". The way it works is that Media Matters gleans provocative sound bites from conservatives and spins it to left wing blogs that spin it in turn to willing left wing idiots who eat it up like pablum.

Because Trump is a racist, misgoynistic, homophobic, corrupt, nihilistic, narcissistic piece of human excrement.

But aren't Xi and your CCP Overlords also " racist, misogynistic, homophobic, corrupt, nihilistic, narcissistic piece of human excrement"?

Left-leaning billionaire George Soros is prepping to take a huge stake in Audacy, America's second-largest radio company with its more than 220 stations nationwide, the New York Post reported Wednesday, citing court filings and sources close to the matter.

Soros Fund Management has, according to the report, bought $400 million of debt in Audacy. The Post reported the bankruptcy filings. The Post said the radio giant filed for bankruptcy protection in January with close to $2 billion in debt.

The Post acknowledged an "insider close to the situation," who is reportedly a Republican. That person speculated Soros may be buying the big stake to exert a greater influence as the November election draws near.

How much did the Hungarian-born financier pay? As per sources speaking to the Post, he "scooped up the debt" in recent weeks, parceling out roughly "50 cents on the dollar" from a hedge fund called HG Vora. Audacy confimed the investment amid reports of the acquisition, the Post said.

A federal court hearing concerning the debt restructuring is set for Feb. 20 in Houston.

I know, I know, you are thinking....What, is he gonna by-up all the K-Marts, phone booths, yellow pages, and maybe Sears next?

The thing is a lot of conservative talk shows are partially through Audacy.....He knows.
Meh. 90% + of talk radio is RWNJ crap. Can't hurt to realign a few of those with reality.

Forum List

Back