Songs that bring you back to a different/better place and time

Hey, Witchit, at least I gave you a good song and told you the reason it was my comfort song.

And.................like I said.................it was the strangest thing, because I never took breaks at the same time, so it wasn't like it was programmed to play a certain time each day, but somehow, whenever I got a chance to take a break, it would come on. It was almost like it was a Higher Power looking out for me and telling me to take it easy on myself.

That song actually helped me get through boot camp.

You ever have that thing happen when a song is playing in your head a matter of minutes BEFORE you hear it on the radio?

Yes, I have actually. It's a mild form of telepathy.

I do as well.

And in reverse form, this is a song I deeply empathize with but only discovered a year or two ago. I then listened to many more of their songs, and have a complete crush on the lead singer. I don't know his name, I just crush.

Ooh. I can ask the gang at large here. at 2:45 - who does he sound like?! Because the voice is so familiar, but I cannot identify.

Great song. At 2:45 maybe Roy Orbison. And have you heard the Haley Reinhart version. Incredible.

I remember listening to this playing the board game TwixT in summer school. Funny how a song freezes a moment in your head.

I had this '62 Chevy, with an 8 track player.....cops chased us all around back when .....played a lotta BB's ......this lady brings a country twang to one of their better ballads....

~S~

Hey, Witchit, at least I gave you a good song and told you the reason it was my comfort song.

And.................like I said.................it was the strangest thing, because I never took breaks at the same time, so it wasn't like it was programmed to play a certain time each day, but somehow, whenever I got a chance to take a break, it would come on. It was almost like it was a Higher Power looking out for me and telling me to take it easy on myself.

That song actually helped me get through boot camp.

You ever have that thing happen when a song is playing in your head a matter of minutes BEFORE you hear it on the radio?

Yes, I have actually. It's a mild form of telepathy.

I do as well.

And in reverse form, this is a song I deeply empathize with but only discovered a year or two ago. I then listened to many more of their songs, and have a complete crush on the lead singer. I don't know his name, I just crush.

Ooh. I can ask the gang at large here. at 2:45 - who does he sound like?! Because the voice is so familiar, but I cannot identify.

Great song. At 2:45 maybe Roy Orbison. And have you heard the Haley Reinhart version. Incredible.

I remember listening to this playing the board game TwixT in summer school. Funny how a song freezes a moment in your head.

Hadn't heard Reinhart, but she is amazing.

At my age, this is the song that totally hits it out of the ballpark for reflecting my sentiments exactly.

This is one of my favorite songs to ride a bicycle to...................

This is my fave song to ride a bicycle to. I try to make it a point to pass at least 2 dykes in Spandex every time. Record is 4..Has been done several times. I don't play. :) This song helps.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back