CDZ Song of The South

WinterBorn

No its worse, the owner has to fear a bunch of violent thugs attacking him ( and the business) and burning down cities for showing it. A film/song that actually is a huge improvement for black image over the rappers seen today.

Last edited:
WinterBorn

No its worse, the owner has to fear a bunch of violent thugs attacking him and burning down cities for showing it. A film/song that actually is a huge improvement for black image over the rappers seen today.

Disney responded to negative press and did not reissue the film. The last time it was legally released in the US was in 1986.

Disney responded to negative press and did not reissue the film. The last time it was legally released in the US was in 1986.

How is it available on Amazon then? The copy I got specifically said that it didn't appear to be bootlegged. Either way, I'm not going to be held accountable for buying it though. If that was truly the case they would be the ones accountable for selling it to me.

How is it available on Amazon then? The copy I got specifically said that it didn't appear to be bootlegged. Either way, I'm not going to be held accountable for buying it though. If that was truly the case they would be the ones accountable for selling it to me.

Disney has allowed reissues in Europe and Asia all along. Maybe that is the source.

KAREN no matter what.jpg

WinterBorn It's a shame...I remember the warm grandfatherly singer and I loved the song as a child.

Yeah so did I. My pawpaw used to sing it to me whenever we went out for a walk on a beautiful day. I was just thinking about it last night and I think the only reason Song of The South has been dubbed racist is because people don't like to be reminded of bad things that occurred in history. I love Uncle Remus and I would have as a child as well and would have wished that I could have adventures with him as well and hear his stories. Heck! I want to as an adult!! :D Now come on everybody you all know the words. ;)

Here it is on Amazon. My wife and I agreed that we should order a copy, if for no other reason, than as a “fuck you” to the modern censorship movement.

Not sure how this publisher acquired the rights to this film, but apparently, it's legitimate.

Yeah I got it because I'm a rebel as well lol, but also because somebody else had it and made a copy of it for me and I loved it but mine got damaged so I went looking for a commercial copy of it on Amazon and I found it!!! :D

WinterBorn It's a shame...I remember the warm grandfatherly singer and I loved the song as a child.

Yeah so did I. My pawpaw used to sing it to me whenever we went out for a walk on a beautiful day. I was just thinking about it last night and I think the only reason Song of The South has been dubbed racist is because people don't like to be reminded of bad things that occurred in history. I love Uncle Remus and I would have as a child as well and would have wished that I could have adventures with him as well and hear his stories. Heck! I want to as an adult!! :D Now come on everybody you all know the words. ;)

As a child we lived one block from the Uncle Remus home of Joel Chandler aka The Wrens Nest'. We use to play in the back yard and of couse visit the house.Last time we wnet to 'The Wrens Nest' was about 15 yr ago when we took the grandkids to listen to the story teller there ,A young black lady was quite the story teller.She acted out all the charactors and it was really enjoyable.

Last edited:
Btw I'm not sure if anybody's seen Holes or Finnian's Rainbow but it's the same sort of thing. The only way they would appear as racist is because it depicts history. Well, newsflash! Attempting to erase history doesn't make it disappear.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back