Something To Be Thankful For

Well, that's never happened. Except at a Grateful Dead concert.

You are wrong

Sheriffs are warning people now.

October 5, 2022

You are wrong

Sheriffs are warning people now.

October 5, 2022

So this is the WHOLE COUNTRY or just Buchanan County?

And why would druggies want to give expensive drugs away?

Every year around Halloween the news media begins to report on stories of the dangers parents need to keep an eye out for in their children’s Halloween candy. When it comes to stories on razors in apples or drugs in Halloween candy, the media has a sweet tooth.

But those stories are more fear-based than fact-based, according to University of Delaware sociology professor Joel Best, who has studied media reports on Halloween candy fears for decades.

Experts say it is highly unlikely for narcotics to end up in your child's Halloween basket.

When I was a kid it was the razor blade scare.

Every year around Halloween the news media begins to report on stories of the dangers parents need to keep an eye out for in their children’s Halloween candy. When it comes to stories on razors in apples or drugs in Halloween candy, the media has a sweet tooth.

But those stories are more fear-based than fact-based, according to University of Delaware sociology professor Joel Best, who has studied media reports on Halloween candy fears for decades.

Experts say it is highly unlikely for narcotics to end up in your child's Halloween basket.

OMG, my friend's parents' 2 door down..the girls' parents I went Trick-or-Treating with.. gave out freakin' popcorn balls and candied apples and I couldn't eat them when I got home. :(

Right into the garbage because something came on the TV while we were out Trick-or-Treating.

I did smell pot when we came up to the door. :auiqs.jpg:

They damn sure didn't put any drugs or razor blades in things they were giving us kids, though. C'mon now!

They gave their own kids the same stuff, wtf?! That caramel apple looked very good, too.

My opinion on that did not count at all in them days. :nono:

OMG, my friend's parents' 2 door down..the girls' parents I went Trick-or-Treating with.. gave out freakin' popcorn balls and candied apples and I couldn't eat them when I got home. :(

Right into the garbage because something came on the TV while we were out Trick-or-Treating.

They damn sure didn't put any drugs or razor blades in things they were giving us kids, though. C'mon now!

They gave their own kids the same stuff, wtf?!
When my kids were trick or treating, we threw homemade shit away anyway. I never gave out homemade shit either. Those days are long gone.

They gave their own kids the same stuff, wtf?! That caramel apple looked very good, too.

My opinion on that did not count at all in them days. :nono:
They wouldn't give killer buds to the kids.:thewave:

Last edited:
When my kids were trick or treating, we threw homemade shit away anyway. I never gave out homemade shit either. Those days are long gone.
Shiet..that was so long ago. The mask I wore was a realistic witch's mask from like the 30s. It was old and when I went to take it off it disintegrated. The Klan was gathering on a corner as we were walking by n stuff, there were no "fun size" candy bars yet, and that was a good thing! :auiqs.jpg: Yeah, but I gotta lotta sourballs, (which I liked) Candybars and them cheap candybar-type things. Sugar Babies and Charleston Chew. Some Jolly Rancher stuff, no minis yet, just the bigger flat things, and real candy bars. Gum, (Juicy Fruit or Spearmint or Doublemint), fruity Lifesavers, and Chiclets, too. Lemon Drops.

Last edited:

They just made the candy smaller so it would not hide a razor blade.

Shiet..that was so long ago. The mask I wore was a realistic witch's mask from like the 30s. It was old when I went to take it off it disintegrated. The Klan was gathering on a corner as we were walking by n stuff, there were no "fun size" candy bars yet, and that was a good thing! :auiqs.jpg: Yeah, but I gotta lotta sourballs, (which I liked) Candybars and them cheap candybar-type things. Sugar Babies and Charleston Chew. Some Jolly Rancher stuff, no minis yet, just the bigger flat things, and real candy bars. Gum, (Juicy Fruit or Spearmint or Doublemint), fruity Lifesavers, and Chiclets, too. Lemon Drops.
Yep, I remember all that candy! In my neighborhood (when I was a kid) there was an old woman who used to get after us for walking or riding bikes on her lawn near the edge of the sidewalk. Mostly by mistake. We really thought she was a witch. One Halloween a few of us got the guts to trick or treat her house. She actually gave us the best candy of the night!!! Later she gave me a job and paid me for mowing her lawn!!! LOL

Forum List

Back