Someone help with this

In its current form, the legislation does not include a mandate requiring service.

Nor does it seem to be some sort of army of Brown Shirts as seems to be alleged by some posters. It was merely an expansion of the call to service originally put out by Bush ... it will probably not even go anywhere.

Actually, it is likely to go somewhere, when coupled with funding for college.

Already, a number of high schools include community service as a graduation requirement. This could expand that to all public high schols, colleges, and universities.
[/QUOTE]

Doesn't most public schools and Universities have a left wing slant already?

I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

You must be thinking of the Civilian National Security Force. :razz:

Right-wing crackpots?? As what....compared to left-wing crackpots???

Left-wing crackpots are anarchists. You won't have to worry about any of them running for public office!

You can say that for both ends of the spectrum. Your not going to have a right wing "crackpot" running a country. But, then again....isn't labeling a person pretty much subjective? I happen to think that Obama is pretty much out there. But, he might not be too far out there for you. It just comes down to ideology of an individual.

Who said anything about right-wing crackpots running the country?

The right-wing crackpots to whom I referred are the people who clearly -- and likely deliberately -- misinterpreted a proposal to increase community service opportunities.

In its current form, the legislation does not include a mandate requiring service.

Nor does it seem to be some sort of army of Brown Shirts as seems to be alleged by some posters. It was merely an expansion of the call to service originally put out by Bush ... it will probably not even go anywhere.

Already, a number of high schools include community service as a graduation requirement. This could expand that to all public high schols, colleges, and universities.

Doesn't most public schools and Universities have a left wing slant already?[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?[/QUOTE]

Go drink the Kool-Aid, Ann, there's a of it keg over there.

I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

This bothers me too. The questions I'm asking myself right now are "Is it OK to shoot uniformed members of the Civilian Defense Corps? What do we do with the members who don't wear a uniform? Can we send them to GITMO? Do we just give them battlefield justice? Will the American people even give a crap?" That last question is the most important of all. My personal opinion is that these so-called foot soldiers will need to be dealt with with extreme prejudice, if they ever actually take to the streets.

It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

There is no such prohibition in the Constitution itself. I don't know where you got that. Posse Comitatus is a federal law, not a constitutional protection, and a "civil defense" force is by definition a non-military body.

BTW - did you vote for Bush (or were you too young at the time)? Because if you did maybe you should google "Terrorism Information and Prevention System" to find how what a hypocrite you are.

Last edited:
It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

There is no such prohibition in the Constitution itself. I don't know where you got that. Posse Comitatus is a federal law, not a constitutional protection, and a "civil defense" force is by definition a non-military body.

BTW - did you vote for Bush (or were you too young at the time)? Because if you did maybe you should google "Terrorism Information and Prevention System" to find how what a hypocrite you are.

Militia. regulated by Congress, not by the President.

If this doesn't belong in conspiracy theories, y'all must have a mighty low threshhold for what constitutes a legitimate topic for debate.

No one has demonstrated anything other than that some right-wing crackpots have taken a simple suggestion to expand community service opportunities and exploded it into the insane fairy tale that Obama is proposing arming and indoctrinating youths.

Right-wing crackpots?? As what....compared to left-wing crackpots???

Left-wing crackpots are anarchists. You won't have to worry about any of them running for public office!

Huh? When in history did anarchy rein across the land? Other than hot spots, usually racially motivated, anarchists is quite a strong word. Oh, yes, there were those rebels who threw all that tea into Boston Harbor once. I forgot about those guys.

These days, when I think of "anarchists," I envision fat, tatooed white biker dudes flying the rebel flag (whether they live in the South or not). And they're hardly "left-wingers."

Doesn't most public schools and Universities have a left wing slant already?[/QUOTE]

The community service bill passed the Senate Friday with only 17 nays.

Militia. regulated by Congress, not by the President.

Except that it's not a militia. Read the facts, some posted herein. You're relying on what became just another urban myth.

Maggie's Quote:
The community service bill passed the Senate Friday with only 17 nays.[/QUOTE]

Now we just need to tax the rich some more to fund it. It won't be long until the definition of "rich" will be the $80,000 a year crowd.

Last edited:
It is a militia. You can try to spin it anyway you want, but a force equal to the us military cannot be called anything other than military in nature. And, if I ever see them in my neighborhood, I'll shoot them myself.

It is a militia. You can try to spin it anyway you want, but a force equal to the us military cannot be called anything other than military in nature. And, if I ever see them in my neighborhood, I'll shoot them myself.

Please do. I'd love to see you go to prison.

Lets say I do, and I go to prison. Are you a better citizen than me?

I'm not planning on murdering anyone in cold blood, so at least on that count, yes.

I curious as to why you don't get an early start and shoot down a Civil Air Patrol plane.

I'm not planning on murdering anyone in cold blood, so at least on that count, yes.

I curious as to why you don't get an early start and shoot down a Civil Air Patrol plane.

The CAP serves a purpose, the proposed brownshirts of the Obama "liberty" brigade serve no purpose except to harass American citizens. It is blatantly un-constitutional, and history tells me that the way to deal with them is to kill them before the History Channel can make a documentary about them. And, I'm deadly serious about shooting them. Can you bring that same commitment to your ideological beliefs? As far as your citizenship reply, You didn't answer to my satisfaction. Obama brigades running through our streets.....do you think it's good or bad, and what would you do in either case....inaction does not make you a good citizen, it makes you a sheep.

The CAP serves a purpose, the proposed brownshirts of the Obama "liberty" brigade serve no purpose except to harass American citizens.

In your opinion.

It is blatantly un-constitutional, and history tells me that the way to deal with them is to kill them before the History Channel can make a documentary about them. And, I'm deadly serious about shooting them.
Why wait for them to even be formed? Why not just go straight to the source? Not serious enough about protecting your country? Don't worry, you'll likely be immediately executed in a hail of bullets, it will be a very quick death.

Were you similarly committed to murdering those who would have worked for Bush in his TIPS program?

Damn right in my opinion, I am an American citizen, and when it comes to my actions, my opinion is the only opinion that counts.I'm beginning to believe that you don't have your own opinion.

Damn right in my opinion, I am an American citizen, and when it comes to my actions, my opinion is the only opinion that counts.I'm beginning to believe that you don't have your own opinion.

Great. Than go take down #44. When should I expect to see that on the news? Next week some time?

I had no idea we were a "nation of opinions" and not laws.

Forum List

Back