Some People left their dogs to die in Harvey

gali-bti-poor-dogs-abandoned-during-floods-2-59a3d8bbe6d98__700.jpg

gali-bti-poor-dogs-abandoned-during-floods-4-59a3d8bfe618f__700.jpg

gali-bti-poor-dogs-abandoned-during-floods-3-59a3d8bdc9bf2__700.jpg

Some People Left Their Dogs Tied Up To Die In The Flood And It Will Break Your Heart

But then you'll be eating meat tonight, right? Yeah, poor dogs left to die, fuck the pigs and cows, they're food..... go figure.

I mostly don't eat meat anymore.

Mostly? Well, a lot of people do, and they'll be sympathetic about dogs, but won't give a damn about other creatures who died.

I'd want to save farm animals.
In an emergency situation ...sometimes saving everything isn't possible.

Oh, isn't possible or we don't give a fuck?

:eusa_think: It depends on the emergency and how quickly it could escalate to your own death. Most people have some kind of plan when they have livestock...at least ones Ive known.
"don't give a fuck" wouldn't be in the plan.

But then you'll be eating meat tonight, right? Yeah, poor dogs left to die, fuck the pigs and cows, they're food..... go figure.

Mostly? Well, a lot of people do, and they'll be sympathetic about dogs, but won't give a damn about other creatures who died.

:eusa_think: It depends on the emergency and how quickly it could escalate to your own death. Most people have some kind of plan when they have livestock...at least ones Ive known.

No, but how many people do you think give a damn about livestock? One person dies, tragedy, five dogs die, half tragedy. 100,000 cows dies, who cares?

That's the mentality going on right now, don't you agree?

I'm the sort of asshole who will assert "Animals do not have rights, they have recipes".

I do hate the sorts of people who abandon "pets" in that fashion. I'm sure some of them have reasons why they can't take their pets with them, but keeping them tied up to a fucking tree in a flood? That's something a sociopath does.

No, but how many people do you think give a damn about livestock? One person dies, tragedy, five dogs die, half tragedy. 100,000 cows dies, who cares?

Can you start a thread with a topic about it?

Well this thread is about people being shocked at dogs being left to die in a hurricane, right? And I'm talking about people's attitudes to animals, which is what this thread is about, right?

Well this thread is about people being shocked at dogs being left to die in a hurricane, right? And I'm talking about people's attitudes to animals, which is what this thread is about, right?

I'm just asking if you would stick to my topic. I guess your answer is no. :(

Despite Texan officials repeatedly warning people about leaving their pets and livestock behind, one dog was spotted holding onto a road barrier while a river of rain threatened to carry it away, while others have been seen chained up to trees and telephone poles in areas that have seen as much as 10 inches of rainfall in just 24 hours.

Some People Left Their Dogs Tied Up To Die In The Flood And It Will Break Your Heart

Here ya go........
Of course someone will be eating em in short order but they were rescued.
upload_2017-8-28_22-30-20.png

WATCH: Texas Police Move Cattle to ‘Higher Ground’ Following Hurricane Harvey

I'm tell you that your topic isn't just what you want the topic to be about. The reason you come on here is to get other people's views on things.

It's my view that this topic is about how people feel about animals. How people feel about dogs and other animals and whether it's okay to leave them to die or not.

How are you going to discuss whether it's okay to leave dogs tied to a post in a hurricane or not if you REFUSE to talk about humans's attitudes towards animals? Beats me.

I'm tell you that your topic isn't just what you want the topic to be about. The reason you come on here is to get other people's views on things.

It's my view that this topic is about how people feel about animals. How people feel about dogs and other animals and whether it's okay to leave them to die or not.

How are you going to discuss whether it's okay to leave dogs tied to a post in a hurricane or not if you REFUSE to talk about humans's attitudes towards animals? Beats me.
Here, as usual you come to minimize what happens as for the terrorist attacks drifter speaks of the abandoned dogs no other thing you do not know how to read a title anymore ?
People who leave their dogs attached to a pole should die trying to escape themselves. That is what I personally wish them.

Here, as usual you come to minimize what happens as for the terrorist attacks drifter speaks of the abandoned dogs no other thing you do not know how to read a title anymore ?
People who leave their dogs attached to a pole should die trying to escape themselves. That is what I personally wish them.

But you wouldn't wish death on them for sitting down to a steak though. Why not?

Despite Texan officials repeatedly warning people about leaving their pets and livestock behind, one dog was spotted holding onto a road barrier while a river of rain threatened to carry it away, while others have been seen chained up to trees and telephone poles in areas that have seen as much as 10 inches of rainfall in just 24 hours.

So you can't see the difference between letting an animal drown and the quick humane dispatch of an animal for food?

I agree it is sad to see these animals in dire straights but it's a hurricane that covers a number of states, you can't expect human beings to be perfect when many of them are stuck or dying themselves.

What if those people didnt have the means to take care of them in their travels? What if they couldnt take pets where they were going? What if they didnt have time?
Lots of possibilities. Not sure its fair to judge. This is a HUGE disaster.

What if those people didnt have the means to take care of them in their travels? What if they couldnt take pets where they were going? What if they didnt have time?

It is certainly fair to judge.

Millions of people have dogs and neglect them even when there isn't a hurricane coming. These people probably were already neglecting their animals

It is certainly fair to judge.

Millions of people have dogs and neglect them even when there isn't a hurricane coming. These people probably were already neglecting their animals
well, yes, i understand that. But this is a particular event. Some people dont look at animals like family like some do. I cant necessarily hold that against them.
I doubt everyone took their cattle, horses, goats etc too.

So you can't see the difference between letting an animal drown and the quick humane dispatch of an animal for food?

There is no such thing as "quick" death for the animals people eat.

drifter, thank you posting this. In news footage, I saw a lot of people struggling to carry their dogs but damn - tying them so they have no chance of escaping drowning?

frigidweirdo is absolutely correct in his posts about this and pets v. livestock are not two different issues. I agree that people love and care about some animals but blithely turn their backs on the unspeakable suffering of "food animals" and those used in medical experimentation.

Drifter, I can understand you're not wanting your thread to be hijacked but please - try to see that all animals are suffering and are deserving of our concern and our help.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

There is no such thing as "quick" death for the animals people eat.

drifter, thank you posting this. In news footage, I saw a lot of people struggling to carry their dogs but damn - tying them so they have no chance of escaping drowning?

frigidweirdo is absolutely correct in his posts about this and pets v. livestock are not two different issues. I agree that people love and care about some animals but blithely turn their backs on the unspeakable suffering of "food animals" and those used in medical experimentation.

Drifter, I can understand you're not wanting your thread to be hijacked but please - try to see that all animals are suffering and are deserving of our concern and our help.

Of course there is a such thing as a quick death. What we do to dispatch animals for food is far less cruel than them being killed by predatory animals

I have dispatched chickens for food and it took about 1 second to behead them tell me a chicken being killed by a cat or weasel is faster

BTW, HSUS, PETA and other animal rights orgs are in Houston, rescuing those animals they can.

It's the cats that are in the most peril. We've talked a lot about how we would protect our cats in case of a tornado.

I'm sure some of the owners are just disgusting individuals, and I have no intention of cutting them any slack, but to be fair, I believe some shelters don't allow pets. It had to be hard for some to save their family, but have to leave their pet behind. Chaining them where flooding was expected is pretty disgusting though.
MOST shelters don't accept pets, or motels or a lot of relatives you might go bunk with. However, leaving them tied and unattended should be criminal. Hope the SPCA is out there letting them loose, at least, and taking down addresses.

Forum List

Back