Some of these U.S. school districts are either cowards or slaves to Islam

You are advocating that religious extremists should be able to set a schools curriculum in line with their narrow set of beliefs. How is that healthy ?

Excuse me?

Are you drunk?

I am advocating placing the same constraints on the promotion of Islam in public schools as are placed on Christianity.

If you want a school to require children to confess the Shihada, open a Madrassa. Public schools have no business promoting Islam, even considering the democrat - Islamic alliance.
Teaching the basics of a religion in a history class is hardly promotion. As you are Islamaphobic I understand that any discussion of Islam is probably too much for you but you hold an extremist position and that shouldnt be allowed to dictate educational needs.
Why do American school children 'need' to recite the shahada?
I cant see any evidence that they are required to do so. Unless you base it on the testimony of a banned extremist.
Where is the extremist?

You are advocating that religious extremists should be able to set a schools curriculum in line with their narrow set of beliefs. How is that healthy ?

Excuse me?

Are you drunk?

I am advocating placing the same constraints on the promotion of Islam in public schools as are placed on Christianity.

If you want a school to require children to confess the Shihada, open a Madrassa. Public schools have no business promoting Islam, even considering the democrat - Islamic alliance.
Teaching the basics of a religion in a history class is hardly promotion. As you are Islamaphobic I understand that any discussion of Islam is probably too much for you but you hold an extremist position and that shouldnt be allowed to dictate educational needs.
Why do American school children 'need' to recite the shahada?
I cant see any evidence that they are required to do so. Unless you base it on the testimony of a banned extremist.
Are you referring to a child who was forced to recite the shahada a liar?
Thomas More Law Center Files Federal Lawsuit On Behalf of Marine Dad Banned from School Property After He Objected to Islamic Indoctrination of Daughter
The Woods’ daughter was forced to profess and to write out the Shahada in worksheets and quizzes. The Shahada is the Islamic Creed, “There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.” For non-Muslims, reciting the statement is sufficient to convert one to Islam. Moreover, the second part of the statement, “Muhammad is the messenger of Allah,” signifies the person has accepted Muhammad as their spiritual leader. The teenager was also required to memorize and recite the Five Pillars of Islam.

Thomas More Files Suit Against School's Islamic Teaching

You mean you refuse to be honest about the evidence presented because you hold party above integrity.
He's posting links to a different case of Islamic indoctrination in US schools. Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier :)

This was what they were required to do.It seems to be a legitimate exercise to me , albeit a bit boring. Clearly it falls short of indoctrination.

Have you even read the OP and the article it links to?
I have, and I have also read the Schools response which is rooted in reality.
Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) social studies curriculum adheres to the Maryland World History curricular standards that are a requirement for all counties in the state. These standards include an analysis of the elements of culture such as art, music, religion, government, social structure, education, beliefs and customs in societies throughout history. Regarding the study of history specifically, the standards also state that students should be able to analyze the customs and beliefs of world religions and their expansion, as well as how their establishment has impacted other areas of culture, and in certain times and regions, even caused conflict.

The particular unit in question at La Plata High School is on the formation of Middle Eastern empires in which students learned the basic concepts of the Islamic faith and how it, along with politics, culture, economics and geography, contributed to the development of the Middle East. Other religions are introduced when they influence or impact a particular historical era or geographic region. For example, when reviewing the Renaissance and Reformation, students study the concepts and role of Christianity. When learning about the development of China and India, students examine Hinduism and Buddhism.

There is also misinformation about why the school issued a No Trespass Order on a parent. This parent threatened to cause problems that would potentially disrupt La Plata High School this morning. To ensure the safety of students and staff at the school, the school administration placed a No Trespass Order on this parent.

That seems to me to be entirely reasonable and commendable. It would be difficult to teach the history of America without a basic understanding of Christianity and the history of Russia without a basic understanding of communism. What has happened here is that a man with extreme views has sought to impose them on others and has been put in his place.

This was what they were required to do.It seems to be a legitimate exercise to me , albeit a bit boring. Clearly it falls short of indoctrination.

Please provide a link.
Marine Banned
You are mixing up two different incidences of Islamic indoctrination. The calligraphy incident occurred in a Virginia school last year.
Yes I understand that. However it has as much relevance as the bogus claims of indoctrination that have been bandied about this story.

Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) social studies curriculum adheres to the Maryland World History curricular standards that are a requirement for all counties in the state. These standards include an analysis of the elements of culture such as art, music, religion, government, social structure, education, beliefs and customs in societies throughout history. Regarding the study of history specifically, the standards also state that students should be able to analyze the customs and beliefs of world religions and their expansion, as well as how their establishment has impacted other areas of culture, and in certain times and regions, even caused conflict.

The particular unit in question at La Plata High School is on the formation of Middle Eastern empires in which students learned the basic concepts of the Islamic faith and how it, along with politics, culture, economics and geography, contributed to the development of the Middle East. Other religions are introduced when they influence or impact a particular historical era or geographic region. For example, when reviewing the Renaissance and Reformation, students study the concepts and role of Christianity. When learning about the development of China and India, students examine Hinduism and Buddhism.

There is also misinformation about why the school issued a No Trespass Order on a parent. This parent threatened to cause problems that would potentially disrupt La Plata High School this morning. To ensure the safety of students and staff at the school, the school administration placed a No Trespass Order on this parent.

That seems to me to be entirely reasonable and commendable. It would be difficult to teach the history of America without a basic understanding of Christianity and the history of Russia without a basic understanding of communism. What has happened here is that a man with extreme views has sought to impose them on others and has been put in his place.
So, again, you think American school children need to recite the shahada and that Christian parents who object to that are extremists?

So, again, you think American school children need to recite the shahada and that Christian parents who object to that are extremists?
There is no evidence that they are required to do so.

So you are calling the school child who said they were forced to recite it, a liar. Where is your evidence she lied?

So you are calling the school child who said they were forced to recite it, a liar. Where is your evidence she lied?
Where is your evidence that she said that ?
What you have here is a bigot using a hate group to persecute a school.

Forum List

Back