Solution to our debt.

The quick and easy solution is in forcing the very wealthy to pay the debt.
Had they been paying their fair share all along the situation wouldn't even exist.

Trump was born of income inequality in America that had resulted in poverty for the working class.

Hitler was born out of the people's poverty.

In both cases a minority was blamed and the murders could begin.

Has America been saved from the problem by the election of Biden and the ousting of Trump.

No! America's problems are much deeper than anything the two main rightist parties can fix.

Trump was just a symptom of the much greater problem and that will now start to become obvious with the fall of Trump's evil regime.

Had they been paying their fair share all along the situation wouldn't even exist.

Trump was born of income inequality in America that had resulted in poverty for the working class.

Has America been saved from the problem by the election of Biden and the ousting of Trump.

No! America's problems are much deeper than anything the two main rightist parties can fix.

Trump was just a symptom of the much greater problem and that will now start to become obvious with the fall of Trump's evil regime.
Wealthy pay a ton in taxes, dregs pay nothing.

Isn't it more like the poor already paying according to their ability to pay? Is America's huge income inequality just a big lie?

Isn't it more like the poor already paying according to their ability to pay? Is America's huge income inequality just a big lie?
Americans can choose to do whatever they want....the poor make decisions to either stay the same or improve. What people earn is theirs and everyone should be paying the assigned percentage. Nobody should get a free pass like the dregs do now.

So what is the wealthy's fair share? Can you tell me?

Not if you think there's enough being paid into taxes already, by everybody . Trump was born out of inequality for the working class American and that's not denied by even his supporters. If you have to deny it then we might just as well not even get started.

What is it that makes America 15th. on quality of life?
If you don't need to deny that then we have a lot to talk about.

Wages are pathetic for 90 percent of jobs. Americans work so so so much harder than any nation on earth. Our current work ethic and productivity is unmatched. There is no way to fix this. People work until exhaustion to just hang on.

Maybe we could just be more fiscally responsible.

What a novel concept! Pity those in DC can't manage to do that.

It's not that they can't manage to do that. It's that the public itself wants to believe they can have free everything provided by government, and not have to work for it.

Government in a Democracy is merely a reflection of the country. Most people live in debt. Most people spend more than they make, and wonder why their lives suck. Government is merely doing, what the public wants them to do.

Remember after the 2009 stimulus package by Obama, and how the economy did not recover? The first thing I heard across the media and political pundits and even on this forum was..... well we needed to spend more.

And Obama got elected to a second term.

So don't blame the people in DC. The public is the problem. They are too dumb. Too irresponsible. Too cowardly to stand up for good choices.

You can scream and yell at politicians until the very day the US defaults on their loans. We need to deal with the incompetent public first.

The debt solution never was much of a problem for many countries.

They just repudiate the old currency and print new - adding 4 zeroes on the end.

One "old dollar" = 40,000 "new dollars".

Pay off your 400,000 old dollar mortgage with just ten "new dollar bills".

In Argentina, for example, it solved not just the national debt problem but everybody's credit card debt as well.

Wages are pathetic for 90 percent of jobs. Americans work so so so much harder than any nation on earth. Our current work ethic and productivity is unmatched. There is no way to fix this. People work until exhaustion to just hang on.

Here's the problem with that logic. Americans have the highest standard of living, of any civilization on Earth.

You compare America to any other 1st world nation, and we live extravagant lives. Even our poorest people, live better lives than the middle class of most 1st world countries.

Have you been to Europe? I have. They don't have cars like we do. They have tiny play toy cars. Three of their cars, could fit into one of ours.

They don't have appliances like we do. Have you been to London, and seen indoor clothes lines, in apartments smaller than 700 sq ft? Do you know why? Because the cost of a clothes drier is too expensive for most middle class people.

Have you seen the living spaces in Europe? I have. I've seen families of four, living in an apartment smaller than my 1 bed-room apartment that I had when I was in college.

The Mexican family next door to me, has 4 cars. In Europe, you are lucky if you have 1 car for the whole family. And no it's not because they love the bus so much, it's because they simply can't afford it.

Here's the kicker... in order to get all that, you have to work more. That's how life works. That's how all civilization works. You want more products and more services?

Then you have to earn that with more work. Yeah, Europeans work less... and they have less. That's how that works.

Sure, it's more than whatever they are paying now. Raising the top rate just bumps up what their fair share should be.

How is that fair considering so many pay no federal income taxes at all?

It ain't fair at all. My point was that when you ask a liberal democrat what a wealthy person's fair share should be, they'll never give you an honest answer. No matter what the top rate is at any point in time, they always want more. If I'm not mistaken, every country that has UHC pays for it with a much wider tax base and I believe also a consumption or vat tax. And if the American voters want to pay the higher tax burden and spread it out to so everybody pays something, well so be it. Although the recent election does cast some doubt on the election integrity IMHO. I kind doubt the democrats have the guts to run on that, they'd rather lie to the public and tell them the rich guys can pay for it by just raising their tax rates. Which doesn't happen, and our national debt continues to increase.

The debt solution never was much of a problem for many countries.

They just repudiate the old currency and print new - adding 4 zeroes on the end.

One "old dollar" = 40,000 "new dollars".

Pay off your 400,000 old dollar mortgage with just ten "new dollar bills".

In Argentina, for example, it solved not just the national debt problem but everybody's credit card debt as well.

While that might be true.... and I don't know for certain that it is... That would clearly be ignoring some of the other effects.

One: It is directly because of that reprinting of currency, that mortgages have been with 50% interest rates.

Screenshot_2021-01-11 Argentina defaults again; currency controls to hurt the housing market f...png

Banks are not stupid. If they can see that there is a good chance that the government will debase the currency, then they are going to have interest rates high enough to cover that loss.

In 2019, they literally had interest rates of up to.... 75%. Compare that to the US which has a 3% mortgage interest rates.

And by the way, you'll also notice that they only have 10 year terms. There is no 15 or 30 year mortgage in Argentina, again... for the same reason. If the bank knows the government is likely to debase the currency, because they are over spending... they are not going to have 30 year mortgages.

So how would you like to have a mortgage, that must be paid back in 10 years top, that has a 75% interest rate on it?

Of course that would suck, right? That's exactly what they are finding out in Argentina, because people are simply not able to buy homes anymore. Because people can't buy homes, construction has declined. This has caused more people to rent, which combined with price controls, is starting to see land lords close down and sell off apartment building.

Argentina right now, is going full speed into a housing crisis.

Not exactly the rosy outlook you seem to imply.

The inflation train has also damaged food production. This is because farmers in Argentina find that selling domestically isn't very profitable, because the money is debased and worthless. So instead farmers were selling crops outside the country, which resulted in an export ban. The export ban resulting in a farmer strike, which for a short time, farms simply refused to sell their crops at all.

They went on strike. Argentina is potentially on the verge of a food crisis as well as a housing crisis.

And lastly, while you might be able to pay off that mortgage more easily with inflation... that ignores the fact that ever other aspect of living, will be more expensive.

Screenshot_2021-01-11 Argentina Running a Restaurant With 40 Percent Inflation.png

This is an Argentina burger and fries from the lunch menu. That now costing 100 pesos. Remember that in 2001, the peso was 1 to 1 with Dollar. Even in 2010, it was 1 peso to 4 US dollars. Now 100 pesos can barely buy you a cheap burger and fries.

So while you can say it will be easier to pay off a mortgage, it is hard to afford anything else.

The bottom line is, while debasing the currency might have some short term positive effects, in the long term, it destroys and damages everything else in the economy, and the citizens suffer the most.

Middle class in america starts at 100 grand in today's america.

I don't know what that means.

By definition, middle class is the middle of the income ladder, which is about $48,000 a year. If you make near that amount, you are middle class.

So I don't know what your statement is even supposed to mean, unless you are just on a whim, redefining the meaning of words.

Further, I don't know why that is supposed to matter. It is up to the individual to decide if they want to be lower, middle, or upper class. My parents were both public school teachers. Today, they are millionaires.

How did that happen on public school teacher wages? They spent less than they made. They invested in stock market mutual funds. They invested in property. They saved money in the banks.

It's that simple. Money in the bank. Money in the market. Money in property. If you make $40,000 a year, you spend $30,000 a year, and save the other $10,000.

Not hard stuff. Honestly, every single person in this entire country, should retire a millionaire.

Literally EVERY single person should retire a millionaire. If you don't... it is because you CHOOSE to not retire a millionaire.

Forum List

Back