"Solar Generator"

5v charges won't drain a car battery, so an "inverter adapter" for the lighter 12v socket in a car can do the trick of charging phones, even laptops can be charged or used pluged into the lighter. Of course in your situation you don't want to have to go outside to a freezing car, but for future references for others reading this, it's good reference for future blackouts/grid issues and longated outages during damaging storms.
My 60 watt panel has two USB ports and one port that produces 18 volts. That can charge a car battery. One time on a river trip we had a canoe with a trolling motor and a marine battery. I wired two .5 amp solar panels in parallel to double the amperage and that kept the battery charged for the trip.

My 60 watt panel has two USB ports and one port that produces 18 volts. That can charge a car battery. One time on a river trip we had a canoe with a trolling motor and a marine battery. I wired two .5 amp solar panels in parallel to double the amperage and that kept the battery charged for the trip.
That's why I'm waiting for foldable solar panels to become more efficient, for that kind of portability and added amp hours to my grid during times I know I'll need more, like powering portable heaters in the winter at my cabin.
Keeping the foldables at home for outages yet still using them as needed additions to my cabin's roof panels or during camping trips.

Forum List

Back