Social justice?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
He Pleaded Guilty to Murdering the Man Who He Said Molested Him for Years Then the Astonishing Reaction in the Courtroom Video TheBlaze.com

This is a story of a man who said he was molested since the age of 12 by someone respected within the community who was a law enforcement officer and a boy scout leader. He lived with it for years and when he saw Sandusky of Penn State with a smirk on his face and a lawyer by his side he said he just lost it and decided to take matters into his own hands and kill the man he knew abused himself and many others, one of which committed suicide.

Of course, Sandusky was later put in prison, but we all know people who evade the law, particularly people of wealth or high social stature.

Is this justice?

This is vigilantism, social justice is an entirely different concept.

Diminished capacity...slap him on the wrist and tell him don't do that again. He's suffered enough

We all know that those who are socioeconomically advantaged are hard to bring to justice. I could give examples of such people are Michael Jackson or OJ to prove my point, or pretty much any leader within society.

The judicial system is stacked against those of lower socioeconomic position. But when it comes to pedophiles, injustice seems to be intolerable.

Diminished capacity...slap him on the wrist and tell him don't do that again. He's suffered enough

We all know that those who are socioeconomically advantaged are hard to bring to justice. I could give examples of such people are Michael Jackson or OJ to prove my point, or pretty much any leader within society.

The judicial system is stacked against those of lower socioeconomic position. But when it comes to pedophiles, injustice seems to be intolerable.

Some perverted pedo ever messes with one of our children being sent to a prison will be the least of their worries. I'll take my chances with a jury

Sad story.
I guess a little of both. You cannot condone murder and vigilantism – you simply cannot have that in a civilized society BUT I certainly do not feel sorry for the murdered and feel for the murderer in this particular case.
He will serve his time for what he did. There just is no ‘correct’ way to deal with something like this.

Some perverted pedo ever messes with one of our children being sent to a prison will be the least of their worries. I'll take my chances with a jury

And very few would fault you. The problem is this is not a case of finding out your child has been raped and snapping, killing the criminal. This is a case of the person snapping 30 years later and that makes a pretty big difference.

There is no excuse for murder. Period.

Even if it is to avenge another murder?

I recall the movie Shendler's List where the Russian army went into a concentration camp where people were being exterminated. They just rounded up all the Germans and hung them on the spot. Not a word was spoken.

There is no excuse for murder. Period.

Even if it is to avenge another murder?

I recall the movie Shendler's List where the Russian army went into a concentration camp where people were being exterminated. They just rounded up all the Germans and hung them on the spot. Not a word was spoken.
W arent savages.
WW2 was a very different time and you really cant derive any proofs from what went on. There were plenty of ex inmates who hunted down and killed their guards after the war.

Forum List

Back