Social-Democratic Denmark Shows How to Respond to Coronavirus

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The US and UK responses to coronavirus have failed miserably. But Denmark has moved swiftly to help workers by protecting wages and preventing layoffs — showing yet again, in the midst of a pandemic, that we’d all be better off living in a social democracy.

#Corona situation in Denmark
Tests 12,351
Confirmed infections 1395
In hospital 232
In intensive care 46
Deaths 13

26 flere indlagt for coronavirus siden i går - 46 er på intensiv

The US and UK responses to coronavirus have failed miserably. But Denmark has moved swiftly to help workers by protecting wages and preventing layoffs — showing yet again, in the midst of a pandemic, that we’d all be better off living in a social democracy.

Tests 12,351
In hospital 232
In intensive care 46
Deaths 13

How has the US failed massively? Denmark has only tested 0.2% of its population so of course their number of confirmed cases is very low! And Denmark has no better medicine nor care for an influenza patient than anyone else, neither of which has a thing to do with a government's "response."

Tests 12,351
In hospital 232
In intensive care 46
Deaths 13

Thought you ought to know.

Tests 12,351
In hospital 232
In intensive care 46
Deaths 13

Want to post Italy's data?

• Banned

Tests 12,351
In hospital 232
In intensive care 46
Deaths 13

the Danish government struck a historical deal with trade unions and employers’ associations to stop mass layoffs during the quarantine. During the next three months, the state will cover 75 percent of the wages of workers threatened by job loss, up to $3,300. Companies will cover the remaining 25 percent, while workers will give up five days of paid vacation time — in other words, work five days for free.

please produce a link showing Italy did the same

Tests 12,351
In hospital 232
In intensive care 46
Deaths 13

the Danish government struck a historical deal with trade unions and employers’ associations to stop mass layoffs during the quarantine. During the next three months, the state will cover 75 percent of the wages of workers threatened by job loss, up to $3,300. Companies will cover the remaining 25 percent, while workers will give up five days of paid vacation time — in other words, work five days for free.

The Danish population..as opposed to the Italian population. Older, more densely packed..need I go on?
Size of Italy compared to Denmark

• Banned

let the record show no link was produced

Forum List

Back