So Why Do You Hate Obama?

By Andrew Sullivan: The Dish

If you ask why I remain such a strong Obama supporter, it is because I see him as that rare individual able to withstand the zeal without becoming a zealot in response, and to overcome the recklessness of pure religious ideology with pragmatism, civility and reason. That's why they fear and loathe him. Not because his policies are not theirs'. But because his temperament is their nemesis. If he defeats them next year, they will break, because their beliefs are so brittle, but will then reform, along Huntsman-style lines. If they defeat him, I fear we will no longer be participating in a civil conversation, however fraught, but in a civil war.

More: Republicanism As Religion - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

His temperament? His temperament is that of an insolent child.

Very telling that Sullivan predicts civil war if Obama is defeated...

Good grief... this shit is beyond clueless.. it's denial on a colossal scale, and that's scary.

So I guess the article is whining because he HASN'T been Radical Left ENOUGH for them.

poor things.
Does Obama really represent progressive policy? All his moves, or the moves he is guided towards, resemble the Reaganomic plan to a tee. Anyone who has been around long enough, or is honest with themselves, will recognize this to be an obvious assessment.

If you ask why I remain such a strong Obama supporter, it is because I see him as that rare individual able to withstand the zeal without becoming a zealot in response, and to overcome the recklessness of pure religious ideology with pragmatism, civility and reason. That's why they fear and loathe him. Not because his policies are not theirs'. But because his temperament is their nemesis. If he defeats them next year, they will break, because their beliefs are so brittle, but will then reform, along Huntsman-style lines. If they defeat him, I fear we will no longer be participating in a civil conversation, however fraught, but in a civil war.

More: Republicanism As Religion - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Ah, yes...here we go again. Repeat after me, kiddies...conservatives are reckless zealots while liberals are pragmatic, civil and reasonable.

And if you don't see it their way they'll start a civil war! Gotta love the libs on this board!!!

So I guess the article is whining because he HASN'T been Radical Left ENOUGH for them.

poor things.
Does Obama really represent progressive policy? All his moves, or the moves he is guided towards, resemble the Reaganomic plan to a tee. Anyone who has been around long enough, or is honest with themselves, will recognize this to be an obvious assessment.

Dude, if you REALLY think Barack Obama resembles Ronald Reagan in his beliefs? I don't even have a response to that. Seriously...the two men are Ying and Yang...you couldn't GET much further apart. One's fundamental belief is that government is the problem...the others fundamental belief is that government is the solution.

Last edited:

His temperament? His temperament is that of an insolent child.

Very telling that Sullivan predicts civil war if Obama is defeated...

Good grief... this shit is beyond clueless.. it's denial on a colossal scale, and that's scary.

No shit!

Basically he is saying, "You either let us win or we will go to war". And they have the nerve to call members of the Tea Party, violent.

Immie

Why do i hate obama?

He owes me money.

Dammit, he was supposed to pay your gas and your mortgage!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Wonder how long it took Peggy to figure out that Barry wasn't the Second Coming? Not only isn't he picking up the tab on her gas but the price of gas has gone from $1.83 to over $3.50.

Why do i hate obama?

He owes me money.

Dammit, he was supposed to pay your gas and your mortgage!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Wonder how long it took Peggy to figure out that Barry wasn't the Second Coming? Not only isn't he picking up the tab on her gas but the price of gas has gone from $1.83 to over $3.50.

I'm not sure she has figured it out yet. I think she may still be waiting for the check.

Immie

:lol:

His foreign policy has been much stronger then Bush's. He's reassured allies and killed enemies.

He's the Michael Corleone of Presidents.

]

You mean he's overly dramatic and chews the scenary?

Saudi Arabia is about to break off ties with the US over the Palestinian State issue. I would hardly say he's reassured anyone.

AFP: US risks being 'toxic' over Palestinian veto: Saudi prince

Pakistan is no longer co-operting with us...

We are currently letting the Taliban set up an office in Qatar in order to cut a peace deal with them that let's us high-tail it out of Afghanistan. Helicopters off the embassy roof, anyone?

So he got Bin Laden after Bin Laden stopped really being relevent. I'm glad the guy's dead, but don't make this out to be more than it is. He picked a fight with Qadafi when that really wasn't any of our business.

HE HAS SURE REASSURED iSRAEL ...

I don't 'hate' him, I just disagree with the majority of what he says and does.

But thanks for the overly emotional hysteria.

What she said.

I am sure he is a very Nice Guy, He is just dead ass wrong on so many levels, and clearly not willing to learn on the Job.

It's a shame really. Such High Expectations pinned on a guy who frankly had no real life Experience for the Job.

:lol:

His foreign policy has been much stronger then Bush's. He's reassured allies and killed enemies.

He's the Michael Corleone of Presidents.

]

You mean he's overly dramatic and chews the scenary?

Saudi Arabia is about to break off ties with the US over the Palestinian State issue. I would hardly say he's reassured anyone.

AFP: US risks being 'toxic' over Palestinian veto: Saudi prince

Pakistan is no longer co-operting with us...

We are currently letting the Taliban set up an office in Qatar in order to cut a peace deal with them that let's us high-tail it out of Afghanistan. Helicopters off the embassy roof, anyone?

So he got Bin Laden after Bin Laden stopped really being relevent. I'm glad the guy's dead, but don't make this out to be more than it is. He picked a fight with Qadafi when that really wasn't any of our business.

HE HAS SURE REASSURED iSRAEL ...

That must be why a Republican is Running 6 Points a head in Weiners Old Seat. a Long time Democrat Strong hold with a high % of Jewish People.

He pretty much stands for and accomplished everything the Right wants. That's why he is in trouble with his own party.

Historians agree the best Republican President was also the first: Abraham Lincoln. Who’s second runner up? Which President has represented Republican values best? Easy. President Barack Obama.

.....his signature legislative accomplishment was to implement a Republican/Heritage Foundation idea from 1989. Assuring Affordable Health Care for All Americans reads, “[N]either the federal government nor any state requires all households to protect themselves from the potentially catastrophic costs of a serious accident or illness. Under the Heritage plan, there would be such a requirement…A mandate on households certainly would force those with adequate means to obtain insurance protection.”

And on top of the Bush Tax Cuts – Obama cut even more taxes for 95 percent of Americans.

What does this mean? It means we currently have eight GOP candidates running against what’s essentially a GOP incumbent. It means we have eight mediocre Republican candidates running against the best Republican president since Lincoln.

Column

sounds like the left is trying to blame the right for Obamas policies !! we did not want trillions in spending and debt ,we did not want socialized health care ,we did not want to promote an Arab spring that is sweeping the middle east ,we did not want to ban offshore drilling and 4 dollar a golon gas,we did not want business busting epa regulations ,we do not want to increase taxes !!

You do realize that Andrew Sullivan is a fucking idiot, that no one other than the hardcore leftist idiots, take seriously? Citing him, is akin to using wiki as a reference.

No... really. Sullivan is a fucking laughing-stock across the blogsphere. Though, I'm not surprised, you would pull him out of your ass.

Forum List

Back