So Why Can’t I Find Simple Data About This Pandemic?

You can see how many cases exist.

I want to know the mortality rate in the US and of those that died, how many had preexisting medical issues or were senior citizens? The rate that healthy young adults are dying tells you how bad this virus is.

It’s very basic information that details how bad this really is. Best I can find are estimates on mortality rates. That’s BS. It’s simple math.

And yes, I’m suspicious as to why it is so difficult to learn this information.

If you know of a website that has updated information, please link. If you don’t know either, what’s your guess on why this information is not at our fingertips?
This seems to have some of what you are looking for:

Kids seem to be largely spared..good news:

"The new coronavirus that has already killed more people than the 2003 SARS epidemic appears to be sparing one population group: kids.
Of the more than 43,100 people it’s infected since Dec. 31, World Health Organization officials say the majority are over 40 years old and it’s hitting those with underlying health conditions and the elderly particularly hard.

“Increasing age increases the risk for death,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said Thursday at a news conference at the agency’s headquarters in Geneva. “It appears even over 80 is the highest risk factor.”"

As for your question..

As the deadly novel coronavirus continues to spread across the globe, Chinese health officials are revealing new details about the disease’s fatality rate.
A recent study from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) analyzing 72,314 coronavirus cases in mainland China found that while about 80 percent of cases are mild, the virus poses the greatest threat to elderly people with preexisting health issues.
The research shows patients older than the age of 80 had a 14.9 percent chance of dying after being infected, while those in their 70s were found to have an 8 percent chance of death. Patients in their 50s were about three times more likely to die than patients in their 40s, at a rate of 1.3 percent.
Patients ages 10 to 19 were as likely to die as patients in their 30s, at just 0.2 percent. The study did not report any deaths in children younger than 10, who represented less than 1 percent of patients.
The study collected data from confirmed patients through Feb. 11 and is one of the largest such samples in a study of its kind.
The risk of dying dramatically increased among patients in their 70s and 80s as many in this age group are more likely to have preexisting health conditions.
Coronavirus patients with heart disease had a 10 percent mortality rate, while those with diabetes had around a 7 percent mortality rate.

Men were also found to have a 2.8 percent fatality rate, versus 1.7 percent for women, according to the study. The overall fatality rate in China was 2.3 percent.

1585061624795.png

You are going to have estimations because we do not know how many people have been infected worldwide...

Now it can be broken down in deaths from the amount of people that have died and how many were elderly and had preexisting conditions that caused their death versus the healthy and it would give us a good percentage idea of who should be protected and who can survive this Pandemic...

If you find numbers, could you honestly believe them?

Would you believe WHo numbers?
how about CDC numbers?
maybe Chinese numbers, or Iran's numbers?
Since all information is now politicized and monetized, what numbers will you believe?
(,hint: likely none of the numbers are real and it is foolish to think otherwise)
Yeah, you're probably right. Trump's numbers are what we need to go by. Thanks!

The "numbers" are not available because they are impossible to glean sans testing a very large percentage of the population, including the asymptomatic. The other factor is that the number of deaths that are actually caused by (not attributed to) the virus is very difficult to ascertain. For example- If an 85 year old morbidly obese diabetic who has emphyzema contracts Covid-19 and dies, what is the cause of death? If you are a fear mongering loser- the answer is Covid 19!!

If you find numbers, could you honestly believe them?

Would you believe WHo numbers?
how about CDC numbers?
maybe Chinese numbers, or Iran's numbers?
Since all information is now politicized and monetized, what numbers will you believe?
(,hint: likely none of the numbers are real and it is foolish to think otherwise)
Yeah, you're probably right. Trump's numbers are what we need to go by. Thanks!
Hi marc, hope all is well in atlanta for you and your family.
So we have one person who believes Trump's numbers.....

I want to know the mortality rate in the US and of those that died, how many had preexisting medical issues or were senior citizens? The rate that healthy young adults are dying tells you how bad this virus is.

It’s very basic information that details how bad this really is. Best I can find are estimates on mortality rates. That’s BS. It’s simple math.

If you know of a website that has updated information, please link. If you don’t know either, what’s your guess on why this information is not at our fingertips?
My understanding is they were working on that.

I've been having a hard time finding data that differentiates deaths of people who died and also happened to be infected with the virus from those who died BECAUSE of the virus.

I cannot find data about which races are being infected or are dying from the virus. The data is relevant because various races are in different risk groups because of the varying number of ace2 receptors in their lungs. The data is as relevant as age and preexisting conditions.
How do you know a certain race is in a certain risk group if you just said you don't have any data?

this, this exactly. My point exactly. where's the data. The actual data. The county numbers? the actual numbers, the number of patients in hospitals? I'm with you weather, I'm not buying this thing at all. just not. I'm a logical person and so far there has been no logic at all for this thing. That therefor implies this isn't as bad as they say and they must squash the data because it doesn't line up to the stories being preached.

Because making the information readily available would not support the position of the leader of the administration.
the governors can all post the state's numbers. you're theory as usual is full of holes.

It doesn't work that way. We are early in the stages of this pandemic. People don't know they have it, feel fine, and spread it on. We find that the young people were not being as careful, have come down with it, and it is this age group that is exploding now. Also, they get into hospitals because they have a better chance of recovery. The older patients will likely die, so more and more they're being excluded in the race for hospital beds. The young should be able to fight off the first wave. However, this virus leaves a sticky substance on the lungs and it's the second wave that will cause more damage and do the young in. It's a nasty, killer virus.
how fking stupid. from the mouth of a lefist. healthy people are spreading the virus. yep, only in a leftist brain.

I've been having a hard time finding data that differentiates deaths of people who died and also happened to be infected with the virus from those who died BECAUSE of the virus.

I cannot find data about which races are being infected or are dying from the virus. The data is relevant because various races are in different risk groups because of the varying number of ace2 receptors in their lungs. The data is as relevant as age and preexisting conditions.
How do you know a certain race is in a certain risk group if you just said you don't have any data?
There is currently no indication that race plays any role whatsoever in determining who gets the disease.
All of humanity is a blank slate for this one

Because making the information readily available would not support the position of the leader of the administration.
the governors can all post the state's numbers. you're theory as usual is full of holes.
And they do..at least in my state and a sampling of others.

post what your governor put up.

just looked on line, still nothing from illinois governor.

Less than 1%.

OK...

Just the gist..there's more:

COVID-19 in Idaho

*Case count and laboratory testing data updated at 5:00 p.m. MT, 3/23/2020. Demographic data to be updated every Friday at 5:00 p.m. MT. State-level case count data will be updated at 5 p.m. MT daily, based on surveillance system records provided by the health districts. Public health district data will be updated on their agency website at their discretion.

Public Health DistrictCountyCasesDeaths
Panhandle Health DistrictKootenai30
Southwest District HealthCanyon40
Central District HealthAda150
Valley10
South Central Public Health DistrictBlaine210
Twin Falls10
Southeastern Idaho Public HealthBingham10
Eastern Idaho Public HealthMadison20
Teton20
TOTAL500

COVID-19 Testing in Idaho

Number of people tested through the Idaho Bureau of Laboratories*997
Number of people tested through commercial laboratories**540

*Includes 4 Oregon residents and 1 Montana resident tested in Idaho.
**Some people may receive multiple tests.

Idahoans with COVID-19 by Age Group

<18 years0
19 to 49 years16
≥50 years15

Data updated at 5:00 p.m. MT, 3/20/2020. Next update at 5:00 p.m. MT 3/27/2020.

Idahoans with COVID-19 by Sex

Female20
Male11
Unknown0

Pondering thoughts from a life/health/financial underwriter.

Long time for the real stats.

-Most people die from this with a complicated condition. I believe we have no deaths for 15yrs and younger. This may change hourly.

Death rate for 60 and under is relatively low Some people may not know they are diabetic or hypertensive to begin with. These conditions that are untreated, are very dangerous with this.

Some may have come from a congenital conditions unknown compounded by this. Most congenital illnesses kill you before 60

This seems to be still concentrated in deep deep deep 10 libturd counties. Being a conservative seems we may have extra antibodies in our systems and a stronger constitution. This is obviously not scientific, but one has to ask why????

Pondering thoughts from a life/health/financial underwriter.

Long time for the real stats.

-Most people die from this with a complicated condition. I believe we have no deaths for 15yrs and younger. This may change hourly.

Death rate for 60 and under is relatively low Some people may not know they are diabetic or hypertensive to begin with. These conditions that are untreated, are very dangerous with this.

Some may have come from a congenital conditions unknown compounded by this. Most congenital illnesses kill you before 60

This seems to be still concentrated in deep deep deep 10 libturd counties. Being a conservative seems we may have extra antibodies in our systems and a stronger constitution. This is obviously not scientific, but one has to ask why????
It's population density, of course..but you know that.

Disease spreads slower in Rural areas..although when it clusters, it can get bad indeed. Rural areas are Red.

Cities are hotbeds of infection..with disease spread by the high amount of day to day contact. Most cities are Blue--even in red states.

Also, the virus is working its way inland from both coasts--two weeks from now the picture may be very different..even in Boise.

The libtard replies on this thread show that they are more interested in political effects of Covid-19 rather than its health effects. And crashing the economy is viewed as the best possible outcome.

OK...

Just the gist..there's more:

COVID-19 in Idaho

*Case count and laboratory testing data updated at 5:00 p.m. MT, 3/23/2020. Demographic data to be updated every Friday at 5:00 p.m. MT. State-level case count data will be updated at 5 p.m. MT daily, based on surveillance system records provided by the health districts. Public health district data will be updated on their agency website at their discretion.

Public Health DistrictCountyCasesDeaths
Panhandle Health DistrictKootenai30
Southwest District HealthCanyon40
Central District HealthAda150
Valley10
South Central Public Health DistrictBlaine210
Twin Falls10
Southeastern Idaho Public HealthBingham10
Eastern Idaho Public HealthMadison20
Teton20
TOTAL500

COVID-19 Testing in Idaho

Number of people tested through the Idaho Bureau of Laboratories*997
Number of people tested through commercial laboratories**540

*Includes 4 Oregon residents and 1 Montana resident tested in Idaho.
**Some people may receive multiple tests.

Idahoans with COVID-19 by Age Group

<18 years0
19 to 49 years16
≥50 years15

Idahoans with COVID-19 by Sex

Female20
Male11
Unknown0

I did the same thing as your post with Illinois, here's what we shut our state down for

1585068842918.png

Over 12 million people live here. You think if they showed this on tv that people would go, huh?

Forum List

Back