So while we're busy defending Ukraine, Americans are being kidnapped right across the southern border

They did and the last two years the (D)'s did NOTHING to fix that.
Biden isn't obsessed with Trump's policies, as Trump was with Obama's policies.

Instead of Trump leaving things as they were, he changed them, now republicans, blame democrats for NOT fixing their fuck up in time?

Nor did Democrats.
Who do you think introduced these bills?
Who do you think blocked them?
The cap should be on ALL medication.

Biden isn't obsessed with Trump's policies, as Trump was with Obama's policies.

Instead of Trump leaving things as they were, he changed them, now republicans, blame democrats for NOT fixing their fuck up in time?

I'm not a Republican BUT yes I blame the Democrats for not fixing this. What's the point if they are not going to?

Who do you think blocked them?

Progressives Outraged Over Booker, Democrats’ Vote on Prescription Drugs From Canada - Roll Call

I'm not a Republican BUT yes I blame the Democrats for not fixing this. What's the point if they are not going to?
BUT.........NOT Trump for tampering and modifying it?
The democrats are expected to go though everything Trump changed in four years, with a fine tooth comb, then reverse everything Trump did?

It wasn't Booker.

The amendment, drafted by Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, would “establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund relating to lower prescription drug prices for Americans by importing drugs from Canada.”

BUT.........NOT Trump for tampering and modifying it?

I have constantly in many posts.

The democrats are expected to go though everything Trump changed in four years, with a fine tooth comb, then reverse everything Trump did?

Important things like train safety? Absolutely. What has Pete been doing the last two years?

Again, if not, what is the point?

It wasn't Booker.

The amendment, drafted by Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, would “establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund relating to lower prescription drug prices for Americans by importing drugs from Canada.”

I like Sanders. The Democrats not so much.

I have constantly in many posts.
BUT, not this one?
Important things like train safety? Absolutely. What has Pete been doing the last two years?

Again, if not, what is the point?
So, what other obscure bills that Trump signed into law, that hasn't affected anyone yet, that Pete should work on rescinding now?
I like Sanders. The Democrats not so much.
I do, also.

Is this really a problem? I mean our illustrious President has been told about this, but his press secretary has declined to answer questions. Maybe President Joe will trade them some drug cartel members we have in exchange for those kidnapped Americans?

"The four Americans kidnapped in Mexico had crossed over the border to get medicine, the Mexican president revealed Monday, as new details emerged about the moment they were taken.

The US citizens came from Texas before they got caught in the crossfire and were abducted, officials said. At least one Mexican citizen was killed in the broad daylight shooting...

...The four were riding in a white minivan with North Carolina license before getting shot on Friday shortly after they entered the dangerous city of Matamoros in Tamaulipas from Brownsville, Texas, the FBI San Antonio Division office said Sunday...

..The identities of the four kidnapped victims were not revealed as of Monday afternoon, but a Mexican official told Reuters that three men and one woman were taken..."

Kidnapped Americans crossed border to buy medicine: Mexican president

mexico-kidnapping-002.jpg
So if we let Russia invade Ukraine these people wouldn't have been kidnapped?

Is your translator failing?

So if we let Russia invade Ukraine these people wouldn't have been kidnapped?

Is your translator failing?

I don't fucking care about Ukraine or Russia. Neither one of them are right on my border, nor are they a threat to me. Neither one of them are flooding my country with criminals, drugs, or gangs.

If you're so worried about them, you're free to go there and straighten out their mess.

What good is medication people can not afford?
They can only not afford it when it first comes out and the company is trying to recoup the hundreds of millions they spent developing it before the patent runs out and it gets copied by generics. If the company can't get the development money back during that first phase, they won't invest in new drugs.

They can only not afford it when it first comes out and the company is trying to recoup the hundreds of millions they spent developing it before the patent runs out and it gets copied by generics. If the company can't get the development money back during that first phase, they won't invest in new drugs.

If people can't afford it, what good is developing it?

I don't fucking care about Ukraine or Russia. Neither one of them are right on my border, nor are they a threat to me. Neither one of them are flooding my country with criminals, drugs, or gangs.

If you're so worried about them, you're free to go there and straighten out their mess.
Why the fuck did you include Ukraine in your thread title?

I don't care about Ukraine. What I do care about is all the money we're throwing away, when it could be put to better used here.
I know you support Russia, that's not the point.

Why the fuck did you include Ukraine in your title?

If people can't afford it, what good is developing it?
Several reasons:

1. Some people can afford the new drugs if they are wealthy or if their insurance covers it. Obviously, it can't be priced so far out of reason that absolutely no one can afford it. Look at it this way, I worked at Circuit City from the peak of their success to right before their collapse. When TV's were first manufactured, it took 40 years for them to go from luxury pricing to commodity pricing, where the stores selling them made only the bare minimum profit selling them. When DVD players came out, that took 2 years. When TV's first came out, they were luxury items that only the wealthy could afford, but as more of them were sold the prices came down until everyone has at least one of them now.

2. We need new drugs to treat conditions that kill people today. Consider the infamous cancer drug. Would a company spend hundreds of millions to develop a new drug if it was initially priced at $100,000 to cure a patient's cancer? Absolutely, and for the first several years, only the very wealthy would be able to afford it, but when the generics kick in, the price would fall into commodity territory where everyone could afford it.

Several reasons:

1. Some people can afford the new drugs if they are wealthy or if their insurance covers it. Obviously, it can't be priced so far out of reason that absolutely no one can afford it. Look at it this way, I worked at Circuit City from the peak of their success to right before their collapse. When TV's were first manufactured, it took 40 years for them to go from luxury pricing to commodity pricing, where the stores selling them made only the bare minimum profit selling them. When DVD players came out, that took 2 years. When TV's first came out, they were luxury items that only the wealthy could afford, but as more of them were sold the prices came down until everyone has at least one of them now.

2. We need new drugs to treat conditions that kill people today. Consider the infamous cancer drug. Would a company spend hundreds of millions to develop a new drug if it was initially priced at $100,000 to cure a patient's cancer? Absolutely, and for the first several years, only the very wealthy would be able to afford it, but when the generics kick in, the price would fall into commodity territory where everyone could afford it.

The Food and Drug Administration approved late last year CSL Behring’s hemophilia B gene therapy Hemgenix, a one-off infusion that costs $3.5 million a dose, making it the world’s most expensive drug.

It should have never been approved.

World’s Most Expensive Drug Revives Push for New Payment Models

If these are our options we need to do this another way. Free college for students who then work to develop new drugs for the public.

Forum List

Back