So, two straight Men walk into a Bakery..........

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
Two straight Men walk into a Bakery and requests a Wedding Cake for their Wedding reception. They live in Colorado that has PA Laws.

The Baker responds that he will not supply a wedding cake for them because his Religious belief is that Marriage is between a Man and a Woman.

The Men object and explain that they are both straight, that sex won't play a role in their relationship, and that they are simply getting Married for the financial benefits.

The Baker still refuses based on his previous stated Religious belief.

What law would the Baker be breaking?

Just don't ask for a wedding cake

Just say. I would like to order a 3 tiered white cake decorated with fresh flowers.

Those two men are gay. No self respecting hetero man is going to marry another man for "financial benefits".

Those two men are gay. No self respecting hetero man is going to marry another man for "financial benefits".

It is legal though and I suspect if it has not yet happened it may. Inheriting property, health and life insurance, tax benefits.

Plus, there is no law that would prohibit these two from continuing to date Women or even Live with one.

It is legal though and I suspect if it has not yet happened it may. Inheriting property, health and life insurance, tax benefits.

Plus, there is no law that would prohibit these two from continuing to date Women or even Live with one.

Legal has nothing to do with it. At some point a hetero man has to have some self respect. No self respecting hetero man will call another man his "husband" for financial benefits.

Two straight Men walk into a Bakery and requests a Wedding Cake for their Wedding reception. They live in Colorado that has PA Laws.

The Baker responds that he will not supply a wedding cake for them because his Religious belief is that Marriage is between a Man and a Woman.

The Men object and explain that they are both straight, that sex won't play a role in their relationship, and that they are simply getting Married for the financial benefits.

Those 2 dudes are soooo gay bro

Marriage is nothing but a property contract

This will happen and eventually will start marrying their pets and farm animals.

Legal has nothing to do with it. At some point a hetero man has to have some self respect. No self respecting hetero man will call another man his "husband" for financial benefits.

Maybe, but not for me to say, the question is.........

What law would the Baker break by not baking the cake?

You obviously have not been keeping up with SCOTUS. They are the ones that said sexuality can not preclude a couple from Marriage.

Ridiculous analogy

Ridiculous analogy

Why?

Marriage is nothing but a property contract there is nothing holy, sacred or religious about it

You obviously have not been keeping up with SCOTUS. They are the ones that said sexuality can not preclude a couple from Marriage.

I've been keeping up, and admittedly I sort of change the subject on your thread. I just can't get to the answer of you original question because I can't see two self respecting hetero men faking it for money.

Is it so much about the baker breaking a law as it is he's following one that says he has religious freedom?

Ridiculous analogy

Nope, it's perfectly relevant. You being unable to answer the question is proof enough

This will happen and eventually will start marrying their pets and farm animals.

And their rubber love dolls.

None, but he doesn't have to bake them a cake.

I've been keeping up, and admittedly I sort of change the subject on your thread. I just can't get to the answer of you original question because I can't see two self respecting hetero men faking it for money.

Is it so much about the baker breaking a law as it is he's following one that says he has religious freedom?

If the PA states you can't discriminate based on sexuality, and he breaks a law by denial of service to a homosexual couple, yet he would not bake for a same sex heterosexual couple, is he discriminating based on sexuality?

What difference does it make whether the two men are in love with each other or not? It's still a wedding between two men and that's against the religious beliefs of the baker. Why don't the two "straight" guys go somewhere else and save everyone a lot of trouble?

Forum List

Back