So tired of this weather...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I can't remember the last time I had to shovel snow every morning before work. This has BY FAR been the craziest winter I can remember in many years.
And the rolling blackouts because of Texas are super frustrating. I live in an area with pretty good infrastructure but because of other areas we have to suffer.
The good news is today we're supposed to be above 0 for the first time in a week.

I can't remember the last time I had to shovel snow every morning before work. This has BY FAR been the craziest winter I can remember in many years.
And the rolling blackouts because of Texas are super frustrating. I live in an area with pretty good infrastructure but because of other areas we have to suffer.
The good news is today we're supposed to be above 0 for the first time in a week.

We are having a sunny day before the ice storm tonight. We haven't had a shovel worthy snow but it is super wet. Ground is so saturated that water squishes out walking on the high places.

We have a foot of snow today and no water since it hit -15 Monday night. Electricity is doing fine all the problems is with Liberty Utilities from Seneca to Joplin. I am on a line from the power plant in Gentry, Ark.

The real fun begins when it melts and makes lots of black ice at night, or the fog it will cause by the river and the road becomes icy at night with freezing fog. So far I haven't tried driving because once I go down the long driveway I won't be able to drive back up....

I find it rather pleasant,,, yesterday it was up around 10 and pretty sunny and nice to be out in, we havent had any blackouts down here just north of the sports complex,, and the snow is pretty to look at

We still have snow from last Winter,,,Lol jk

Yeah, it's been a really strain for many residents in America. Especially, that Artic Freeze from up north - as we call it in Michigan - didn't help not the least. In Fargo, ND...it hit a record low of minus 56 on Saturday, February 13. In Michigan, where I am from, it was mostly minus 20 at night, but above zero during the day.
It seems like every year, the Winter grows longer and the Summer gets much shorter - even though, the days are longer.

Instead of shoveling, use a snow blower. If you weren't too far, I would come by and plow your driveway.

• Banned
I find it rather pleasant,,, yesterday it was up around 10 and pretty sunny and nice to be out in, we havent had any blackouts down here just north of the sports complex,, and the snow is pretty to look at
Lost power yesterday on the job while I was framing in a new bathroom shower. Heard on the news we may have more blackouts today.

We still have snow from last Winter,,,Lol jk

Yeah, it's been a really strain for many residents in America. Especially, that Artic Freeze from up north - as we call it in Michigan - didn't help not the least. In Fargo, ND...it hit a record low of minus 56 on Saturday, February 13. In Michigan, where I am from, it was mostly minus 20 at night, but above zero during the day.
It seems like every year, the Winter grows longer and the Summer gets much shorter - even though, the days are longer.

Instead of shoveling, use a snow blower. If you weren't too far, I would come by and plow your driveway.
Too many steps down from my house to the driveway for snow blowing.
Years ago I had a weed eater that have a variety of attachments including a snow blower but I burned it up using the garden tilling attachment.

Lost power yesterday on the job while I was framing in a new bathroom shower. Heard on the news we may have more blackouts today.
at some point you just have to say F-it and take some time off,,

not sure why we havent been blacked out,, we are in independence but our electric comes from the kc side so that might have something to do with it, do plan on getting a gen back up by next yr though,,

I would love to be outside building my new shop instead of sitting on my ass but what can you do,,

The real fun begins when it melts and makes lots of black ice at night, or the fog it will cause by the river and the road becomes icy at night with freezing fog. So far I haven't tried driving because once I go down the long driveway I won't be able to drive back up....
We have a 3 level bridge system at the Grandview triangle and the high bridge yesterday was solid ice. Had to drive to overland Park supplier yesterday and there were a dozen cars and trucks all pointing in various directions on the top bridge. A normal 30 second drive across it took 15 minutes. Terrifying minutes to boot

not sure why we havent been blacked out,, we are in independence but our electric comes from the kc side so that might have something to do with it, do plan on getting a gen back up by next yr though,,

I would love to be outside building my new shop instead of sitting on my ass but what can you do,,
I feel obligated to make it to work once I've torn up someone's home to the degree they have no main functioning bathroom.

20210215_161721.jpg
20210215_161731.jpg

We have a 3 level bridge system at the Grandview triangle and the high bridge yesterday was solid ice. Had to drive to overland Park supplier yesterday and there were a dozen cars and trucks all pointing in various directions on the top bridge. A normal 30 second drive across it took 15 minutes. Terrifying minutes to boot
Yes, and I bet those neato guys in the hood had a hard time stealing shit in this weather also...Every damn time i would do commercial work in KC they steal stuff off my truck including the license plates.

I feel obligated to make it to work once I've torn up someone's home to the degree they have no main functioning bathroom.

View attachment 458221View attachment 458222
Isn't that why they made five gallon buckets?

You can come down and shovel my 650 foot drive..

View attachment 458221View attachment 458222
got a point there,,

The biggest pain on this job is the customers garage is full of hotrods and building materials so I have nowhere to put my tools or even the new tub. Constantly have to move all this shit around the room to work.

You can come down and shovel my 650 foot drive..
UH,, no I cant,,,

How is Texas affecting Kansas or Missouri? (I don’t know which side you live in)

Forum List

Back