So tired of this weather...

I can't remember the last time I had to shovel snow every morning before work. This has BY FAR been the craziest winter I can remember in many years.
And the rolling blackouts because of Texas are super frustrating. I live in an area with pretty good infrastructure but because of other areas we have to suffer.
The good news is today we're supposed to be above 0 for the first time in a week.

We are trying to move in this crap. I’m ready to move to the southwest.

I can't remember the last time I had to shovel snow every morning before work. This has BY FAR been the craziest winter I can remember in many years.
And the rolling blackouts because of Texas are super frustrating. I live in an area with pretty good infrastructure but because of other areas we have to suffer.
The good news is today we're supposed to be above 0 for the first time in a week.
How is Texas affecting Kansas or Missouri? (I don’t know which side you live in)
The plants here are having a hard time keeping up, In NW Ark, NE Ok, they get their power from hydro dams from the lakes and they are freezing up.

How is Texas affecting Kansas or Missouri? (I don’t know which side you live in)
We are in some kind of pact with multiple states so that if they have power problems we cut our usage to accommodate their needs. I assume it's Texas since they had 5 million without power

We are in-between winter storms at the moment, up here in the Baltimore suburbs. Tonight's forecast is calling for 5+ inches of new snow and 1/4" of ice. Last week's ice storm was more entertaining than dangerous, for us at least—although there were something like fifty fender benders in the Harford/Baltimore County I-95 corridor.

No problems with our power grid up here. Good luck to all you guys in the middle.

I find it rather pleasant,,, yesterday it was up around 10 and pretty sunny and nice to be out in, we havent had any blackouts down here just north of the sports complex,, and the snow is pretty to look at
Lost power yesterday on the job while I was framing in a new bathroom shower. Heard on the news we may have more blackouts today.
I would think that your line of work would require you to invest in one of these, to not interrupt your progress.

The biggest pain on this job is the customers garage is full of hotrods and building materials so I have nowhere to put my tools or even the new tub. Constantly have to move all this shit around the room to work.
Are those walls only 2x2 non load bearers? I've seen those tiny ass bathroom doors before...unless that's the closet

The biggest pain on this job is the customers garage is full of hotrods and building materials so I have nowhere to put my tools or even the new tub. Constantly have to move all this shit around the room to work.
Are those walls only 2x2 non load bearers? I've seen those tiny ass bathroom doors before...unless that's the closet
they look like 2x4's to me

It's a walk in closet. Everything is 2x4. Panoramic photo makes it look small

20210217_091424.jpg

Awful

I was referring to the wall with the door, not the exposed wall silly butt dart

Update that vanity for them. If they've got a garage full of dope cars, they can update dattttt shitttt

that wall has sheetrock on it butt nugget,,,

that wall has sheetrock on it butt nugget,,,
Exactly why I didn't say "looks like 2*4s to me."

That was you.

I couldn't see studs through sheet rock...therefore, I asked. Magnificent. You can find an argument about anything.

Update that vanity for them. If they've got a garage full of dope cars, they can update dattttt shitttt
It's all getting replaced. One thing at a time. Makes for a great work surface right now

It's not unusual for our area(eastern Washington state) to get hit with arctic front storms this time of year. We were down to clear fields/roads several days ago(early spring!) but 6/7 inches of snow & cold @ current. Weather seems to be going into another cooling phase like back in the 1960's @ least for now. Nothing like the brutal weather I experienced when up in Alaska(dismal to nightmare weather up there) but @ times I wish I resided in a state with more moderate weather.

We are in some kind of pact with multiple states so that if they have power problems we cut our usage to accommodate their needs. I assume it's Texas since they had 5 million without power
It's not Texas. Texas has an independent grid.

I played golf yesterday....it was 72 degrees.....:4_13_65:
if the warmth won't come to you.....then you go to it....

Illinois has been below freezing for 15 straight days, think it gets above freezing on Sunday, with a high of 36. Every other day, and inch of snow, for the past two weeks. Have at least 8 inches on the ground, when it melts, will be lakes all over the frozen tundra.

Forum List

Back