So tired of this weather...

I can't remember the last time I had to shovel snow every morning before work. This has BY FAR been the craziest winter I can remember in many years.
And the rolling blackouts because of Texas are super frustrating. I live in an area with pretty good infrastructure but because of other areas we have to suffer.
The good news is today we're supposed to be above 0 for the first time in a week.
How is Texas affecting Kansas or Missouri? (I don’t know which side you live in)
We are in some kind of pact with multiple states so that if they have power problems we cut our usage to accommodate their needs. I assume it's Texas since they had 5 million without power
No, Texas is totally independent. That's why they are in such deep shit.

hey gramps I noticed youre a Milwaukee guy,, this guy has your power loss solution,,

My kids bought me the boxes for Christmas. 600 damn dollars for all of them. But my truck/job box was broken into last summer and almost all my cordless stuff was stolen. I replaced it all that day with Ridgid cause the Fuel set was way more expensive and I just needed tools to get going again.
About 15 years earlier they got in a jobs trailer and stole all my Dewalt stuff and like a moron I went cheap and got Ryobi. COMPLETE TRASH tools.

hey gramps I noticed youre a Milwaukee guy,, this guy has your power loss solution,,

I posted a small generator with a Yamaha engine and you gave it a thumbs down, but then you post this crap.
4i6Ckte.gif

Who makes the engine for Milwaukee generators? I bet you don't have a clue. Probably Briggs & Stratton or Champion - crap. I'll take Yamaha over anything other than Honda.

I can't remember the last time I had to shovel snow every morning before work. This has BY FAR been the craziest winter I can remember in many years.
And the rolling blackouts because of Texas are super frustrating. I live in an area with pretty good infrastructure but because of other areas we have to suffer.
The good news is today we're supposed to be above 0 for the first time in a week.
How is Texas affecting Kansas or Missouri? (I don’t know which side you live in)
We are in some kind of pact with multiple states so that if they have power problems we cut our usage to accommodate their needs. I assume it's Texas since they had 5 million without power
It's not Texas. Texas has an independent grid.
Ah well I didn't catch all of Evergys conference cause the power went out. They were talking about a 7 state Co op or something so I just assumed

I posted a small generator with a Yamaha engine and you gave it a thumbs down, but then you post this crap.
4i6Ckte.gif

Who makes the engine for Milwaukee generators? I bet you don't have a clue. Probably Briggs & Stratton or Champion - crap. I'll take Yamaha over anything other than Honda.

I have 2 big generators that are for new construction/commercial along with big kerosene heaters but that isn't going on a small residential job. Far more Hassel than it's worth for short outages.

My kids bought me the boxes for Christmas. 600 damn dollars for all of them. But my truck/job box was broken into last summer and almost all my cordless stuff was stolen. I replaced it all that day with Ridgid cause the Fuel set was way more expensive and I just needed tools to get going again.
About 15 years earlier they got in a jobs trailer and stole all my Dewalt stuff and like a moron I went cheap and got Ryobi. COMPLETE TRASH tools.

I had my dewalt stuff for 15 yrs and decided to upgrade to milaukee and yes they are expensive,, gave the dewalt to my son for chrstmas gift, even though it was used it was still 1000 dollars worth of stuff and still working fine and yes the ryobi is trash,,

I had my van broken into and also lost most of the older dewalt stuff, I went with a knack job box in the side door of my van and havent had a problem sense,,

did you see the price of that power supply?? 2200.00 bucks,,

4i6Ckte.gif

gas generators dont work well inside,,,

you should watch videos before commenting on them,,

I had my dewalt stuff for 15 yrs and decided to upgrade to milaukee and yes they are expensive,, gave the dewalt to my son for chrstmas gift, even though it was used it was still 1000 dollars worth of stuff and still working fine and yes the ryobi is trash,,

I had my van broken into and also lost most of the older dewalt stuff, I went with a knack job box in the side door of my van and havent had a problem sense,,

I did not but last week I was looking at power plumbing crimpers. 1800.00! So I'm still arm wrestling the old way lol

I did not but last week I was looking at power plumbing crimpers. 1800.00! So I'm still arm wrestling the old way lol

they got some cool tools but FFS they will cost you,,,

thankfully I'm on my way out of the field work and if I can get my new shop built this spring at home might start making wood strip canoes and teardrop trailers,,

better to have stuff for sale then trying to find work,,

It got up to 14 here yesterday...felt like a heatwave.
Yeah the sun yesterday was very nice to see. What part of Missouri are you in?
Looks like central & southern Missouri got the worst of today's snow.
Pretty close to Springfield. We got about seven inches of snow here over the three day weekend and another three or four last night. Still snowing.

4i6Ckte.gif

I have 2 big generators that are for new construction/commercial along with big kerosene heaters but that isn't going on a small residential job. Far more Hassel than it's worth for short outages.

I bought that Yamaha this past summer, anticipating the usual Florida hurricanes that never came. When the pandemic hit and there were runs on the stores I also picked up a second, larger chest freezer to stock up on Costco meats and frozen foods in case society really shit the bed, and I wanted to make sure I could keep them running (I also bought a larger Furman generator that hasn't even been unboxed yet). I've been using the Yamaha to power my small chain saw and other yard tools instead of running 100 feet of extension cords. It's a nice little unit, very quiet. And since it's bought on the Costco credit card, they automatically add an extra year to the warranty.

4i6Ckte.gif

That's why you set it outside and run an extension cord.
4i6Ckte.gif

4i6Ckte.gif

4i6Ckte.gif

what was that you said in you other comment about running long extension cords??

did you watch the video??

Illinois has been below freezing for 15 straight days, think it gets above freezing on Sunday, with a high of 36. Every other day, and inch of snow, for the past two weeks. Have at least 8 inches on the ground, when it melts, will be lakes all over the frozen tundra.
For all the bad things I can say about the Land of Lincoln...here's a good one.

I wish Missouri and Indiana would take some lessons on highway snow removal from Illinois. They are absolutely on the ball when it comes to winter highway clearing.

It's not Texas. Texas has an independent grid.
Ah well I didn't catch all of Evergys conference cause the power went out. They were talking about a 7 state Co op or something so I just assumed
Its ok grandpa the combined total of human knowledge is to large to be known by a single man. Most would not know about a combined state co op. Yes, because of the co op power is being limited in some ares and diverted to areas in most need. I am not as familiar with the set up of your area as I am my own so I can not say as to what the specific causes of diversion is in your area but knowing Texas is not a part of a co op I can definitely state Texas is not drawing your power. I am no longer a part of government in my own area so am no longer in that loop here. I could make educated guesses they would still be gueses.

4i6Ckte.gif

4i6Ckte.gif

what was that you said in you other comment about running long extension cords??

* No, I didn't watch the video
* It doesn't have to be a long extension cord. I'm sure there's a window within 20-25 feet of where he's working.
* I only am doing that so that the generator gets used regularly, now that I have put the gas and oil into it, instead of it sitting until I actually need it (bad!) Otherwise I have plenty of long 12/3 extensions.

We are trying to move in this crap. I’m ready to move to the southwest.
Wife sent me a text Monday night...67 degrees in southern Arizona.

Think she might be trying to tell me something...

4i6Ckte.gif

4i6Ckte.gif

* No, I didn't watch the video
* It doesn't have to be a long extension cord. I'm sure there's a window within 20-25 feet of where he's working.
* I only am doing that so that the generator gets used regularly, now that I have put the gas and oil into it, instead of it sitting until I actually need it (bad!) Otherwise I have plenty of long 12/3 extensions.

get back to me when you get caught up,,,

Forum List

Back