So, they don't want you to have a gun, and besides private security is only 5 million a year...

Zuckerberg doesn't want anyone to have guns? Has he ever said that?

And there's nothing wrong with him having bodyguards. Our gun fetish culture has led to there being 400 million+ guns in this country. The best argument against gun control here is that it's easier for someone who wants to kill to get a gun here than anywhere elese in the world. So you might as well have a gun of your own just in case.

And yet 70-80% of gun murder victims are not normal people........they are people who have multiple felony convictions....

and taking your number...4,000,000 million guns in private hands...we had 8,124 gun murders....90% of which were committed by people with multiple felony convictions...

So subract 80% from 8,124 and that means a total of about 1,624 innocent people were murdered with guns.....

so.....400,000,000 million guns in private hands....and 1,624 innocent people murdered with guns......

Can you even begin to see why that is not an issue.....?

Cars accidentally kill 35,000 people.....

Drowning accidentally killed over 3,000 people....

Nothing you believe about guns is true, factual or based in reality....
You twist stats to create whatever narrative you want. I don't need to. All I have to do is point out our astronomically high gun crime rate and our high homicide rate.

I have no problem with guns. I've never been againt them and own them myself. But I can't stand you lunatics who worship guns as the answer to all things.

Nope...that is lying by omission....

Americans use guns to actually stop violent criminal attack and to save lives 1,500,000 times a year according to bill clinton and supported by about 13 other studies on self defense with guns.......

I don't twist any stats.....I give the stats, the links and show how you guys lie about guns in this country....
Tell me... do you know where that 1.5 million number came from? Or are you just repeating what you've read in a NRA brochure?

Of course.....I have posted the link to the actual study over and over again...here is a collection of all the gun studies over the last 40 years including that one...I will highlight the bill clinton study....

And notice......not one of them is from the NRA.......

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

And yet 70-80% of gun murder victims are not normal people........they are people who have multiple felony convictions....

and taking your number...4,000,000 million guns in private hands...we had 8,124 gun murders....90% of which were committed by people with multiple felony convictions...

So subract 80% from 8,124 and that means a total of about 1,624 innocent people were murdered with guns.....

so.....400,000,000 million guns in private hands....and 1,624 innocent people murdered with guns......

You twist stats to create whatever narrative you want. I don't need to. All I have to do is point out our astronomically high gun crime rate and our high homicide rate.

I have no problem with guns. I've never been againt them and own them myself. But I can't stand you lunatics who worship guns as the answer to all things.

Twisting stats? Oh.....you mean I am telling the truth.....yes...that would be a foriegn concept to you.........

I don't worship guns...I believe in the right of innocent people to be able to defend themselvs from violent attack, wether it is by violent criminals or by their own government...history proves me right.
No you definitely worship guns. You obsess over them and constantly post about them. You probably think it would be great for our country to have 800 million+ guns instead of what we have now.

If you have to perform lengthy math to create stats that favor your opinion then that is "twisting" stats. But you don't even stop there. You like to use completely unquantifiable variables like saying that Europe has "friendlier" criminals than we do, and that (NOT the scarcity of guns) is why they don't have gun crimes.

If you have to perform lengthy math to create stats that favor your opinion then that is "twisting" stats.

WRong...I state what the stats actually show.....you know, the truth, the facts and reality.....the actual death stats for gun murder show that only about 1,642 innocent people a year are murdered by guns in a country you said has 400,000,000 million guns....the research shows that most gun murder victims 70-80% have multiple felony convictions.....and that doesn't even take into account innocent people who are killed because they are connected to the criminals...like the family in Ohio murdered over Pot.

saying that Europe has "friendlier" criminals than we do,

Please...try to read what I post...it will make your posts more intelligent.....

I have never said they are friendlier...in fact I have posted that Britain is 2 x as violent as the United States....they stab and torture as readily as our criminals do...and more often.....

I have stated, accurately, that they do not choose to commit murder as often as our criminals do.....against each other or against innocent victims.....as you can see by our rate our criminals murder each other far more often than they do completely innocent people...

as we always tell you nuts.....ban guns and only the criminals and police will have guns...and that is exactly what you have in Britain, Australia, and Europe........I post the crimes with guns from those countries all the time.
They're more violent, they just chooooose not to murder. Of course it has nothing to do with them being forced to use fists and knives instead of far deadlier guns because they can't get their hands on one.

Good grief.
And yet every Muslim terrorist has no problem obtaining fully automatic weapons and explosives in those Countries. Grow up you retard and learn reality.

Zuckerberg doesn't want anyone to have guns? Has he ever said that?

And there's nothing wrong with him having bodyguards. Our gun fetish culture has led to there being 400 million+ guns in this country. The best argument against gun control here is that it's easier for someone who wants to kill to get a gun here than anywhere elese in the world. So you might as well have a gun of your own just in case.

Americans use guns to actually stop violent criminal attack and to save lives 1,500,000 times a year according to bill clinton and supported by about 13 other studies on self defense with guns.......

I don't twist any stats.....I give the stats, the links and show how you guys lie about guns in this country....
Tell me... do you know where that 1.5 million number came from? Or are you just repeating what you've read in a NRA brochure?

Of course.....I have posted the link to the actual study over and over again...here is a collection of all the gun studies over the last 40 years including that one...I will highlight the bill clinton study....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--
------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....
All phone surveys that range between 800,000 and 2.5 million. What a range! And none of the "yes" responses vetted in any way. Nor was "gun defense" defined in any way.

Twisting stats? Oh.....you mean I am telling the truth.....yes...that would be a foriegn concept to you.........

I don't worship guns...I believe in the right of innocent people to be able to defend themselvs from violent attack, wether it is by violent criminals or by their own government...history proves me right.
No you definitely worship guns. You obsess over them and constantly post about them. You probably think it would be great for our country to have 800 million+ guns instead of what we have now.

If you have to perform lengthy math to create stats that favor your opinion then that is "twisting" stats. But you don't even stop there. You like to use completely unquantifiable variables like saying that Europe has "friendlier" criminals than we do, and that (NOT the scarcity of guns) is why they don't have gun crimes.

If you have to perform lengthy math to create stats that favor your opinion then that is "twisting" stats.

WRong...I state what the stats actually show.....you know, the truth, the facts and reality.....the actual death stats for gun murder show that only about 1,642 innocent people a year are murdered by guns in a country you said has 400,000,000 million guns....the research shows that most gun murder victims 70-80% have multiple felony convictions.....and that doesn't even take into account innocent people who are killed because they are connected to the criminals...like the family in Ohio murdered over Pot.

saying that Europe has "friendlier" criminals than we do,

Please...try to read what I post...it will make your posts more intelligent.....

I have never said they are friendlier...in fact I have posted that Britain is 2 x as violent as the United States....they stab and torture as readily as our criminals do...and more often.....

I have stated, accurately, that they do not choose to commit murder as often as our criminals do.....against each other or against innocent victims.....as you can see by our rate our criminals murder each other far more often than they do completely innocent people...

as we always tell you nuts.....ban guns and only the criminals and police will have guns...and that is exactly what you have in Britain, Australia, and Europe........I post the crimes with guns from those countries all the time.
They're more violent, they just chooooose not to murder. Of course it has nothing to do with them being forced to use fists and knives instead of far deadlier guns because they can't get their hands on one.

Good grief.
And yet every Muslim terrorist has no problem obtaining fully automatic weapons and explosives in those Countries. Grow up you retard and learn reality.
Yeah all, like, 5 of them

:rolleyes:

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

All phone surveys that range between 800,000 and 2.5 million. What a range! And none of the "yes" responses vetted in any way. Nor was "gun defense" defined in any way.

Soooo....you enjoy talking out of your ass........Kleck details exactly his methods in his paper.....you should read it....

And here is Cook and Ludwig...hired to refute Kleck by bill clinton....

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

Applying those restrictions leaves 19 NSPOF respondents (0.8 percent of the sample), representing 1.5 million defensive users. This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known estimate of Kleck and Gertz, shown in the last column of exhibit 7. While the NSPOF estimate is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error. Inclusion of multiple DGUs reported by half of the 19 NSPOF respondents increases the estimate to 4.7 million DGUs.

So....the very guy who doesn't want you to have a gun will spend 5 million dollars a year to have a private army of security, armed to the teeth with the best guns available........

So...you can't have a gun, but all you have to do is spend 5 million dollars a year, and buy your own private army.....

DeSantis Gunhide Question of the Day: How Much Do You Spend on Your Security? - The Truth About Guns

“Security means everything to Facebook — security for Mark Zuckerberg, that is,” nypost.com clarifies. “The social-media company shelled out $5 million last year to make sure its co-founder and CEO had protection around the clock, according to regulatory filings . . . powerful Apple CEO Tim Cook spent relative chump change of $209,151 on his safety last year.” I
Obama is openly against having armed guards at our schools......except the school his daughters attend......which means he's hoping for a few more Sandy Hooks.
Definitely not so! Keeping the entrances secured is a much less scary way to keep kids safe. Although I don't disagree with a school staff member having ready access to a firearm in the awful, rare instance it is needed.

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Actually....if you pay attention......the lowest goes to 776,036........please read more carefully......

And of course the whole point shows that with all of that research.......defensive gun use is common.....and far surpasses gun murder 8,124 gun murder victims in 2014....and that is down from the 90s......and even gun accidental death.......320,000,000 million guns in private hands and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013.

And the one point that makes your beliefs so wrong......as more Americans own and actually carry guns....our gun crime rate has gone down....our gun murder rate has gone down......

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Soooo....you enjoy talking out of your ass........Kleck details exactly his methods in his paper.....you should read it....

Applying those restrictions leaves 19 NSPOF respondents (0.8 percent of the sample), representing 1.5 million defensive users. This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known estimate of Kleck and Gertz, shown in the last column of exhibit 7. While the NSPOF estimate is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error. Inclusion of multiple DGUs reported by half of the 19 NSPOF respondents increases the estimate to 4.7 million DGUs.
Phone responses whose validity cannot be confirmed or denied, and where the parameters of what makes a "gun defense" are in no way defined.

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Phone responses whose validity cannot be confirmed or denied, and where the parameters of what makes a "gun defense" are in no way defined.

Yes......deny every single one of those studies....over 40 years....by different researchers.....both government and private.....most of whom are anti gun researchers......

If global warming had this much credible research you guys would actually have a case supporting the man made global warming hoax......

And to th

And of course we have the Bureau of Justice Statistics.....just one more government agency who says you are wrong......gun ownership and carrying guns is increasing...gun murder is decreasing...

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

Gun homicide 1993......18,253

Gun Homicide 2011......11,101

From the FBI homicide table 8, 2014....... 8,124.

There is nothing about the issue of guns in the United States that you are remotely correct about.....

So....the very guy who doesn't want you to have a gun will spend 5 million dollars a year to have a private army of security, armed to the teeth with the best guns available........

So...you can't have a gun, but all you have to do is spend 5 million dollars a year, and buy your own private army.....

DeSantis Gunhide Question of the Day: How Much Do You Spend on Your Security? - The Truth About Guns

“Security means everything to Facebook — security for Mark Zuckerberg, that is,” nypost.com clarifies. “The social-media company shelled out $5 million last year to make sure its co-founder and CEO had protection around the clock, according to regulatory filings . . . powerful Apple CEO Tim Cook spent relative chump change of $209,151 on his safety last year.” I
Obama is openly against having armed guards at our schools......except the school his daughters attend......which means he's hoping for a few more Sandy Hooks.
Definitely not so! Keeping the entrances secured is a much less scary way to keep kids safe. Although I don't disagree with a school staff member having ready access to a firearm in the awful, rare instance it is needed.

The killers get through security doors easily.....and they plan their attacks 6 months to 2 years in advance...a lot of planning.....

This fails as a straw man fallacy – nothing but a ridiculous lie.

Somehow you managed to make a dumb thread even dumber.

Obama hates guns.......unless they're protecting him or his family.

End of story.

Here on post they won't allow security to have guns. They just check your identification card.

How many terrorists can an unarmed 50 year old woman stop?

Tell Liberals that there is a personal security inequality and the drones will be screaming for the rich to give their guns to the poor.

Seriously though Zuckerberg's mentality is the same through out the Liberal elite "do as I say not as I do" and it applies to every issue.

Forum List

Back