So the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill contains earmarks to explore a mileage tax

How much gas do you buy for your week whacker or leaf blower in a year?

I think I might by 2 gallons a year for all my 2 stroke yard tools

My leaf blower is electric, but to mitigate carbon, I try not to use it more than twice a year--Thanksgiving day and Christmas Day :p

IDK on the weedeater as it shares a can with the chainsaw but I am sure it pales in comparison to the riding mower which takes a couple gallons every time I mow. I don't mow everything at once though. I like to leave rotating blocks of unmowed grass for the wild things while still complying with the weed ordinance.

You are out of your mind. The GOP is the party of lower taxes while the Dems want them to be higher and they will look for any possible way to tax us more. To deny that is to deny reality. GOP = less taxes and less spending. Democrats = more taxes and more spending. Maybe you should write that down.

More rubbish. REpublicans hand out corporate welfare and subisidies and tax cuts that only benefit a handful of people, while jacking up taxes for people with real jobs and have to spend most of their income. Warren Buffet doesn't even notice an 8 cents per gallon tax on his limo gas, a construction worker or a maid does, a lot.

Are you lefties still buying the lie that the Trillion dollar spending bill is free?

Dumb shits. :auiqs.jpg:
This infrastructure bill was not claimed to be free???

The tongue twisting Build Back Better bill, is the claim of being paid for...nothing added to the debt.

Overview. The Highway Revenue Act of 1982 has now passed into transportation industry folklore as a tri-
umph of bipartisanship – a Republican President who had recently passed the largest tax cuts in living mem-
ory joined with a Democratic House of Representatives and a Republican Senate to more than double (from
4 cents per gallon to 9 cents per gallon) federal motor fuels taxes and to use that money to provide large
increases in federal spending on highways and bridges and, for the first time, to provide a permanent federal
role in funding urban mass transit. Crumbling infrastructure would be repaired; jobs would be created; and
economic recovery would be advanced. As the legend goes, people of goodwill in both political parties saw a
great national need and came together to find a politically challenging, bipartisan, common-sense solution.
The reality is a bit messier.

Republicans love gasoline taxes and other consumption taxes because they fuck over working people more than other income demographics. So do Democrats, but Republicans especially love them and VAT taxes. Reagan also sicced the IRS on waitresses. lol
I despise all taxes. I'm sure rino rs love taxes. They're just libs.

The only Year Reagan didn't raise taxes was in 1988. By then he raised taxes to higher rates than he started to almost 3% of the GDP. The only people who think this is 'bullshit' are those who can't read.
The topic is the egregious taxes on fuel tax.

What? There's 7 million registered vehicles driving on roads in Los Angeles, maybe 1,500 in a rural community now who's doing most of the damage to roads and bridges?
And they pay the gas taxes like every other person who drives.

And they pay the gas taxes like every other person who drives.
Nice deflection, we are discussing the Dem proposed mileage tax and how that hurts the rural poor and middle class. Now use your brain, while drivers in Los Angeles are only traveling a few miles they are actually on the roads densely packed together bumper to bumper for 4 hours a day. That does damage not reflected in the mileage.

Nice deflection, we are discussing the Dem proposed mileage tax and how that hurts the rural poor and middle class. Now use your brain, while drivers in Los Angeles are only traveling a few miles they are actually on the roads densely packed together bumper to bumper for 4 hours a day. That does damage not reflected in the mileage.
For one it's not a proposed tax yet it's merely a program to study the feasibility of a tax other than the gas tax to fund the upkeep of roads.

For one it's not a proposed tax yet it's merely a program to study the feasibility of a tax other than the gas tax to fund the upkeep of roads.
Sure it is. Tell us will the tax be revenue neutral simply replacing taxes lost to electric vehicles not paying gas taxes or a huge net tax increase? Dems are involved so think carefully before answering.

Sure it is. Tell us will the tax be revenue neutral simply replacing taxes lost to electric vehicles not paying gas taxes or a huge net tax increase? Dems are involved so think carefully before answering.
There is no bill currently in Congress to establish the mileage tax. This is just another government committee exploring the tax.

How do you propose we make people who drive electric vehicles contribute to the upkeep of roads?

Its a lousy bill and should never have been passed. On has to wonder where the Bidung administration thinks it going to get the money to fund that monstrosity??

Only 45% is for actual infrastructure. The rest is a hodge podge of green shit and social programs no one needs. These idiots must think everyone has a money tree in their back yard.

A pack of imbeciles passed this lousy bill.

This infrastructure bill was not claimed to be free???

The tongue twisting Build Back Better bill, is the claim of being paid for...nothing added to the debt.
So you are saying that the working poor and the poor will be flush in cash by this piece of legislation. And I can not believe that many red semi rural and rural areas of states that are blue will enforce this.

Speaking as a leftist, I like to parrot how we want higher wages and a raised standard of living, but secretly everything we support does the exact opposite, and fucking A man, misery loves company and nobody needs company like a leftist.

So you are saying that the working poor and the poor will be flush in cash by this piece of legislation. And I can not believe that many red semi rural and rural areas of states that are blue will enforce this.
It's an infrastructure bill, and most Americans will benefit from it! I live the rural life, and broadband internet expanded to where I am at would be helpful....Airports improved would also be a perk, and securing our electric grid we would also benefit from, and money for port authorities to improve delivery of goods to our stores would help us and Nation as well....I'd love to see a natural gas line or hub for up north so we'd have a choice on heating, other than oil and wood.... Our schools up here sure could use upgrading too....

It's a well needed bill, even for the in the middle of nowhere, citizens like us.

Forum List

Back