So Sad: Trump is leading the internecine - will the Republican Party Survive?

What will become of the Republican Party?

• Go the way of the Whig Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split, into two separate parties

• Remain under the power and control of Trump

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019

What will the future bring?

"So sad"? Why would you be sad about that?

Ohh, you were lying again, weren't you?

Carry on.

The country is still a duopoly regardless of which party is in power. Winning is the only thing that matters in politics. It’s a zero sum game. When push comes to shove the GOP is not going to split at the risk of handing the Democratic Party a victory on Election Day.

jmo

• Banned
Two stupid and off topic comments.
Maybe you should concern yourself with the chaos Joe is creating across the world and in our nation....

Maybe you ought to post in another thread your concerns. Vote or ignore, or continue to be a jerk.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The country is still a duopoly regardless of which party is in power. Winning is the only thing that matters in politics. It’s a zero sum game. When push comes to shove the GOP is not going to split at the risk of handing the Democratic Party a victory on Election Day.

jmo

Did you read the link in the OP?

• Banned

"So sad"? Why would you be sad about that?

Ohh, you were lying again, weren't you?

Carry on.

I didn't say I was sad; the state of the Republican Party has been and remains in Chaos since Trump announced his candidacy for President.

jmo

Yes, from the link:

There have historically been tensions between some of Trump’s advisers and RNC officials. But in a phone call with McDaniel over the weekend to smooth over the relationship, Trump played down any intent to directly target the RNC or prevent it from reaching its donors. The takeaway from an overall pleasant conversation, people familiar with the call said, was that Trump was still supportive of Republican donors’ giving money to the RNC and that he did not plan to stand in the way.

As I said, when push comes to shove the GOP will not split.

• Banned

jmo

Yes, from the link:

There have historically been tensions between some of Trump’s advisers and RNC officials. But in a phone call with McDaniel over the weekend to smooth over the relationship, Trump played down any intent to directly target the RNC or prevent it from reaching its donors. The takeaway from an overall pleasant conversation, people familiar with the call said, was that Trump was still supportive of Republican donors’ giving money to the RNC and that he did not plan to stand in the way.

I read this too, the facts are that trump is a liar and should never be trusted. When more moderate Republicans leave the party, and when more campaign donations flow into trump's wallet, anything may happen.

Well in 2022 The sad Reps will take the House and the Senate. After two years of the Biden/Harris shit show I doubt a Dem could get elected to ride the back of a garbage truck.

Sure hope the country can survive that stuttering fuck.

Then you can post a thread of the "sad" Democratic party. LOL

jmo

Yes, from the link:

I read this too, the facts are that trump is a liar and should never be trusted. When more moderate Republicans leave the party, and when more campaign donations flow into trump's wallet, anything may happen.

Just to be clear, I do not think enough traditional moderates and conservatives are willing to walk away to form another party anymore than the Trump faction would.

Again, just my opinion here.

Last edited:

Well in 2022 The sad Reps will take the House and the Senate. After two years of the Biden/Harris shit show I doubt a Dem could get elected to ride the back of a garbage truck.

I've copied and pasted your thread and will respond after the election in November 2022.

jmo

Yes, from the link:

Just to be clear, I do not think enough traditional moderates and conservatives are willing to walk away to form another party anymore than the Trump faction would.

Again, just my opinion here.

A factor to consider:

From the link:

It was summer, and a major U.S. political party had just chosen an inexperienced, unqualified, loutish, wealthy outsider with ambiguous party loyalties to be its presidential nominee. Some party luminaries thought he would help them win the general election. But many of the faithful were furious and mystified: How could their party compromise its ideals to such a degree?

Sound like 2016? This happened a century and a half ago.

Many have called Donald Trump’s unexpected takeover of a major political party unprecedented; but it’s not. A similar scenario unfolded in 1848, when General Zachary Taylor, a roughhewn career soldier who had never even voted in a presidential election, conquered the Whig Party.

I've copied and pasted your thread and will respond after the election in November 2022.

Good. See you in 2022.

Forum List

Back