So Much For Getting Back To Normal: Unfriendly skies: 2,500 unruly U.S. airline passengers reported in 2021

You would kind of hope that after enduring and surviving the COVID pandemic people would tend to be a little more civil and kind to one another. It almost seems like things are worse now than they were previously.

I'm sure a lot of airlines also are taking continued advantage of the pandemic times when they could freely boot a passenger for any reason they want.

Now if you're an asshole they kick you off when they used to suffer the assholes.

I'm not saying being an asshole is ok, but if you're going to fly people you have to accept assholes are part of the deal. Flying is stressful for people, they are rushed for time, delays hurt their schedules, they are tired, had to wait in long lines to get in and sit and wait to get on the plan they have to sit in longer before take off, meals and snacks barely exist anymore on flights, you're crammed in with other people and so on. Flying can turn someone into an asshole that normally isn't, and with airlines showing less and less customer service and customer appreciation it makes the experince worse.

With that said, there are a lot more pieces of shit flying than there used to be. Too many inconsiderate and loud mouth dicks flying. Trashy white people with their pajamas on and trailer mentality and blacks blasting shitty rap music out of their phones and their ass hanging out of their pants walking around like they own the place and not acknowledging anyone else as if they weren't even there.

Flying sucks because of this new breed of people flying and the airlines themselves cutting everything back, charging more and giving less. No wonder there are problems.

It's amusing, when airlines treated passengers like valued customers. there were few incidents of unruly passenger reported. Since airlines have started treating passengers like cattle, there are more unruly passenger complaints.
Exactly. It's astonishing they can't figure out how all of this has culminated.

It's amusing, when airlines treated passengers like valued customers. there were few incidents of unruly passenger reported. Since airlines have started treating passengers like cattle, there are more unruly passenger complaints.

I flew for the first time in twenty years three years ago, I was astonished and horrified at the difference in conditions and the attitude of the cabin staff. Fortunately, it was only a forty-five-minute flight since my shoulders were several inches wider than the seat back. I moved to the aisle seat from my window seat, so I didn't intrude on the person in the middle seat as much, I could lean into the aisle most of the time. After that, the rise in tensions on aircraft were more understandable.
Things have really changed since I started flying. Flew military standby in 1969 transcontinental. I was surprised when the flight attendant (stewardess) came back to my seat in coach before take off and asked if I would like to fly "first class" Sure! I said. First and only time that I flew first class. Free drinks, free hot meal, cards to play solitaire, pens--paper, all free. The folks were able to see me until I entered the gangway to the plane. Now, unfriendly flight attendants, $5 cocktails if you get any, no meals, no cards--nearly strip searched when entering the gate area and say goodbye at the car. Travel used to be fun--now it is a royal pain in the butt.

Most carriers based overseas are far superior to what we have here in the States. The big three, Delta, American and United are dismal. Once upon a time it was a special thing to fly. Now, airliners are little more than buses with wings.

I've flown a number of international carriers and the two best I've found are Emirates and Singapore Airlines. Their first class suites are utterly amazing...
I was pleased with Lufthansa as well.

Forum List

Back